Better manager history

Britrock

In my current save I'm now on my 5th team and 2nd international job but there is no way for me to go back and look at the number of games I managed at each club/nation to see my W/L/D record as well as goals for/against. I can see it for my whole career, but it would be nice to have the breakdown on a per club basis as well.

35 minutes ago, TheEnganche said:

To piggy back on this, it would be great if we could create our playing history when creating a new manager. Sure, he was a "International (Global)" player, but who did he play for? What position?

It would be interesting if that would then play out in media interviews

In media interviews, in job offers (especially since signing former stars has become the thing to do these days), in the way fans react to your hiring (e.g.: if you say you played for 10 years as a CM at Atletico Madrid and then get hired by Atleti, your fans should be more excited and prepared to support you; whereas if you played for Real and got a job with Atleti, it would take a lot more for them to support you). 

I agree with this.  It would be good to break down the stats for each team that you have managed in the past, or how your manager attributes have increased (on a graph maybe).

Journeyman saves are obviously very popular but tracking your history is often difficult unless you keep a record outside of the game.

Not sure if this should be a different topic, but I think there needs to be more development of the manager's "story".  There is the biography part but it would be nice to have more substance to it, or a timeline, instead of just reeling off all of the manager of the months you have received etc.

There have been a couple of times where I have played former teams, and nothing has been mentioned at all, not in the interviews or build up to the match.  I once played against a team where I got sacked after a board takeoever, and there was nothing at all... I wanted to tear into them!!!

I like the idea of been able to generate your own history in the game. So who you played for etc. You could have a choice to either do this yourself or for those that don't want to it is just randomly generated.

So you could be a club legend who has come back to manage and the fans are onside from the get go. Or you could have played for a rival so it takes time to win the fans over. That type of thing.

• 6 months later...