Spanish B teams: how can I choose players from B team to play for the first team?

Currently I manage Real Betis. When I would like to choose players from my B team to play for my First Team in La Liga, I can't select them, because they 'cannot be registered for next match'.
This suggests they should be registered for the First Team. But If I know right,  La Liga rules say that a squad can have 6 players registered for the B team, and on the other hand, when I register a player for the First Team, they cannot play for the B team. And I don't  want that, I want them to play for the B team, and I would select them occasionally for the First Team. There are plenty of real life examples when Real Madrid chose to play some players from the Castilla team.

I tried to manually register players for the B team, but the registration screen for the B team is not available.

So how can I overcome this issue and play B team players for the First Team?

So when they are in your B team you should be able to go to the top right corner and under the filters add your B squad. Then you should just be able to select the players but if they play a set number of first team league games (I believe ten) then they will be registered for the first team and unavailable for the B team. I spent six years with Atletico Madrid on a journeyman on FM19, my B team being a major focus, and this was how it worked for me then. If it's not working like that then it could be bugged, I've not managed in Spain on FM20.

10 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

So when they are in your B team you should be able to go to the top right corner and under the filters add your B squad. Then you should just be able to select the players

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately I am unable to select them. In previous FMs I was able to select them for my first team when they were registered for the B team.
After finding this on the forum, my guess is that my B team plays in a non-playable league (I did not load the Spanish 3rd division), and that's the reason it is bugged (at least bugged in my opinion). 

Hey,it is a problem as far as i know to register a player for a B team u need the league so it seems. i myself use https://community.sigames.com/topic/504270-fm20-2030-leagues-mega-pack-222-nations-3-other-compet-by-timo/ spanish file as a workaround (load all the leagues in spain of course) and then you'll be able to register. at least that works for me.

Edited by Masterfries26

I found the following on FMBase. These guidelines have been really helpful for squad management in Spain (I currently manage Deportivo in the La Liga). See below:

B Team Rules:
Rules are as follows:
- If the player has been registered for the A team, then he can't be sent to the B team.
- If the player has played more than 10 games for the A team, he can't be sent to the B team.
- If the B team player is older than 25, he can't be used in the A team.
- If the B team player is younger than 25 and is registered for the B team, he can play for the A team.
- Can a B team player be used more than ten times in the A team? I don't know, but probably should.
- How to register the player for the B team?. You can't. What you have to do is have him in the B team for when the B team registration comes and hope the B team manager will register him.

43 minutes ago, OConnellFC said:

- If the player has been registered for the A team, then he can't be sent to the B team.
- If the player has played more than 10 games for the A team, he can't be sent to the B team.
- If the B team player is older than 25, he can't be used in the A team.
- If the B team player is younger than 25 and is registered for the B team, he can play for the A team.
- Can a B team player be used more than ten times in the A team? I don't know, but probably should.
- How to register the player for the B team?. You can't. What you have to do is have him in the B team for when the B team registration comes and hope the B team manager will register him.

They can play for the B team, but only during transfer windows, so I think B teams is bugged and while it should be legal to have A team players to use the B team as a reserve team to get A team fit, the check outside the transfer window is bugged. I've seen real world news because Messi was playing for the B team after an injury.

You can control the B team registry, it even give me an inbox item to remind me to register the B team players. Not sure if this involves controlling some aspect of B team in the personel menu.

If a B team player is used 10 times on the A team (in league matches?) he gets automatically moved to the senior squad.

The A team can use six B team players pr. match. (League rule, this allow 3 FGN players to be registered with the senior team and 2 with the B team, allowing 5 FGN players, but watch out for the 10 games rule)

• 2 months later...

What about in Portugal? I'm about to start a save with Vitoria and theres a player on my B team I'd like to use for depth but want him playing regularly for my B side in the second division. Both leagues seem to say all players need to be registered to play in that league. Can he be registered for both my A and B team?