No new tournaments or real results now work with 20.4 update

OllieDrew

Since the 20.4 update no new content works with FM20. All real results, my own International Champions Cup and FIFA Club World Cup re-worked files. They load and work but all dates are wrong and can only be played on a Wednesday or a Saturday. The real results are the same produced by FMF and AML and shows four teams being relegated from English League 1 instead of 3 and League 2 has 2 relegated instead of 1. Has SI stopped all custom files from working?? and if so whats the point of the editor??

vor 1 Minute schrieb OllieDrew:

Since the 20.4 update no new content works with FM20. All real results, my own International Champions Cup and FIFA Club World Cup re-worked files. They load and work but all dates are wrong and can only be played on a Wednesday or a Saturday. The real results are the same produced by FMF and AML and shows four teams being relegated from English League 1 instead of 3 and League 2 has 2 relegated instead of 1. Has SI stopped all custom files from working?? and if so whats the point of the editor??

When there are database updates and changes in league rules it's possible that custom league files needs to be adjusted before you start a new save. 

Hi Kubi thanks for the response. Just to explain further. I had an International Champions Cup file which still works but all fixtures now are on a Wednesday or a Saturday. I have used AML's real fixtures and results which he has updated with the 20.4 editor and when I use them all the fixtures are either on a Wednesday or a Saturday. This also throws out the European Qualifiers which are either a Wednesday or a Saturday not a Thursday through to a Tuesday. I have just restarted a FIFA Club World Cup file about an hour ago. It works but the fixtures are either a Wednesday or a Saturday. The real results and fixtures by AML also show 4 relegated from League 1 in England instead of 3 and 2 relegated in League 2 instead of 1. There is something wrong with the new update.

Thank you for the response but the real results files etc are not my files they are both AML and FMF. The only one that is mine is the FIFA Club World Cup and International Champions Cup are mine. I have made them for years and updated them when applicable to each new game. I know they have worked for years. Something has happened with this new update that stops ALL customised files from working. I have just loaded Timo's real leagues and fixtures and they don't work either. It's not just my files that are not working it is everyone's.

I have been buying and playing FM for over 20 years and as an editor of files I have never experienced something this bad. There is a major fault with the new updates. I have stopped playing for the time being for the first time ever. This is not about logging issues with SI to look at this is a major fault with the game. Unless you load no customised files and follow what is on the menu.

Two things,

did you test any of the older files (default db version for instance) if they still work

did you consider a re-install? It did help quite a few people after the 20.3 version.

Reason I ask this, is because 20.4 is basically a data version. Not much more than that. And data can conflict, but should be fixable.

Thank you sporadicmiles and Wolf for the responses I will try all of these. I am pretty good with the editor and have never experienced these sort of issues before. I am currently re-making the ICC cup and I don't hold hope for the FIFA Club World Cup because of the changes in format I know is buggy. As regards AML and FMF real results and fixtures they are not my files but both have been updated to 20.4. I will take on board what you have suggested try everything and report back. Thanks for your immense help.

To be fair I am also having weird scheduling issues at the moment. The game is apparently ignoring the TV dates I have set and is instead also playing all games on a Saturday and a Wednesday. Also, the games are not uniformly spread out across the entire season. One of my teams has a 41 day break in the middle of the season for no reason. 

So I have done everything. I have quit Steam, opened back up, deleted FM20 and reloaded. I have gone through all my editor data files and unloaded and loaded. I have completed an International Championd Cup file from scratch with the FM 20 editor 20.4. I am only using the ICC file and the real results from FMF and still all fixtures are based on a Wednesday or a Saturday. This includes all fixtures both league and international. Please does anyone have any further ideas or a fix because at present the game is unplayable!!!

9 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

This includes any customised files on the internet. Please could someone please help??? Or should I complain to SI??

I have started a thread in the bugs forum about this, because I see the game not obeying the rules for fixture dates too. You can add your info there too. 

On 10/03/2020 at 09:08, sporadicsmiles said:

I have started a thread in the bugs forum about this, because I see the game not obeying the rules for fixture dates too. You can add your info there too. 

I have posted in the bugs forum with regards to these issues. I was contacted by Christopher at SI to ask what files I am using. I have given all the information but had no reply as yet after sending numerous messages. They stated they are aware of the scheduling issues but no further update. This is really poor as I cannot use any customised files until this is fixed.

I have posted in the bugs forum with regards to these issues. I was contacted by Christopher at SI to ask what files I am using. I have given all the information but had no reply as yet after sending numerous messages. They stated they are aware of the scheduling issues but no further update. This is really poor as I cannot use any customised files until this is fixed.

I have talked to them too on the bugs forum. They are working to be able to understand what is going on. 

I rebuild the world cup yesterday for the Iron Curtain, which didn't have those symptoms surprisingly. So my question is, is this not happening in International Competitions, but only Club Competitions? Also, I am strictly working in the default database and not the 20.4 update. I am trying to work if this information is any use for the developers, so if any of you has a clue, let me know.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

I rebuild the world cup yesterday for the Iron Curtain, which didn't have those symptoms surprisingly. So my question is, is this not happening in International Competitions, but only Club Competitions? Also, I am strictly working in the default database and not the 20.4 update. I am trying to work if this information is any use for the developers, so if any of you has a clue, let me know.

I will pass this info on in the bug thread I have. 

I had it in a domestic competition, but it was a super league so it was hardly standard in terms of the teams that were taking part. 

20 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I will pass this info on in the bug thread I have. 

I had it in a domestic competition, but it was a super league so it was hardly standard in terms of the teams that were taking part. 

I was using only two different files in my save. My own International Champions Cup and all of FMF's Real Results to 11/11/19 with his Guam start up date set for 11/11/19. He has completed about 30 different league files with all real results loaded. But I have tried various different customised files from FM Scout that I would not normally use. They all come up with the same scheduling errors, no TV matches, English League 1 & 2 wrong relegation spots and this affects all fixtures. They either fall on a Wednesday or a Saturday!!

On 08/03/2020 at 00:26, KUBI said:

Moved to the editor forum.

Is anyone at SI coming up with a fix for these issues as it's gone a bit quiet regarding this. The issue is now nearly 3 Weeks ongoing and needs to be resolved. Please can someone give me an update?? Cheers

Is anyone at SI coming up with a fix for these issues as it's gone a bit quiet regarding this. The issue is now nearly 3 Weeks ongoing and needs to be resolved. Please can someone give me an update?? Cheers

They know about it, but they have not said what they can do about it. 

I have uninstalled the game and re-installed and stripped it back to the bare minimum. It now seems that game is stuck on Wednesday and Saturday scheduling without any customised files. I can't believe I am the only one noticing this issue and there is no update to fix this. What is happening SI????