The Stories Forum Community/Discussion thread

Raptor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harleqin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daz the Imp:

What sort of time lengths are we talking? 7 till ? Because I'm interested, but would like to know how long.

And also, I'm assuming it would be 3.9.68? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think I'm on 3.9.68 as well.....or is it 67? I'll have to check that out.

I'm hoping for sessions around 2-3 hours in order not to overdo it though naturally the first one will be longer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2-3 Hrs is good here. icon14.gif

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robben! icon_eek.gif! icon_mad.gif! icon13.gif! icon_rolleyes.gif!

Dirty, cheating, diving little Dutchman! Stamford bridge will have to be widened so that he can get his 5th, 6th and 7th rolls in without crashing into the advertising hordings. Why do good players have to resort to that sort of rubbish. He spends more time rolling aroubd than he does trying to beat people icon_mad.gif.

And you've picked the wrong player to vent it on icon_biggrin.gif

I can only think of one player the RapMaster loves more than Robben, but you've probably never heard of him...Can't remember his name either, but he's right-back at Groningen and I saw his name on a certain brother's Holland shirt...

Shortlist

The interested players so far for a CM 01/02 v.3.9.68

Terk

jimbokav71

Daz the Imp

That will make it a four player game which I find acceptable and to be of a good size. I will close it here.

Dave will be gone for the first two months, but I'll allow you dispensation to join in when you can and choose a club at that time.

I will not be much online the next two weeks so I'll advice everybody to start thinking about teams and tactics. I'll look for an update to the database as we prepare to start.

Are everybody comfortable with starting in the English second division or are there other wishes? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

It's Super Kurt Elshot you're referring to icon_cool.gif

Shame he's on trial at St*ke C*ty this week icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, he does need to find a club suitable for his level icon_wink.gif

Kirk Noshot icon_eek.gif! Never heard of him. Is he another namby pamby, dirty, cheating, diving, rolling on floor jonny foreigner who will demean the greatest league in the World icon_biggrin.gif?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harleqin:

_Shortlist_

Terk

jimbokav71

Daz the Imp

That will make it a four player game which I find acceptable and to be of a good size. I will close it here.

Dave will be gone for the first two months, but I'll allow you dispensation to join in when you can and choose a club at that time.

I will not be much online the next two weeks so I'll advice everybody to start thinking about teams and tactics. I'll look for an update to the database as we prepare to start.

Are everybody comfortable with starting in the English second division or are there other wishes? icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Jesper icon14.gif

Now I'll have to dig up my copy of 01/02, which could be in any one of five places scattered across Europe... icon_rolleyes.gif

English Second sounds good to me, but I don't really remember who was in the Second in 01/02 -maybe I'll try to look it up on the internet or something...

When would the first session actually take place?

PS: Kurt Elshot! Of course! icon_biggrin.gif

Well Hick.... if you can make the odd hours (for you anyway icon_wink.gif ) Then I'll be willing to try it. Distance might cause a problem with ping times, but you're an old friend so let's make the attempt.

I'll advise everybody to consider which teams they want. I'll choose last. I'm hoping to find an update so we start as close to how things are during the 04/05 season start if it is possible to get a good one.

The difference in years now might unbalance the game a bit ie Man U will probably get more of an advantage out of having a younger Nistelrooy.

Well, I'm open to suggestions icon_smile.gif I will not be much in CMS for the next 14 days, but I'll try to pop in every now and then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor:

Kurt is the bestest fullback in the land, but playing for FC Groningen means you can forget about the Dutch national side.

Advoc*nt's f*cked off now though icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you remember my Dynamo D'Albenga story?

Is there a market for that again?!

But now i am up and going on net, i'd be able to complete it?!

I thought I'd let you guys know that I haven't disappeared. icon_biggrin.gif

Having purchased the rights to a certain football club's domain I shall shortly be undertaking a large project involving a story with a website attached to it for even more in depth detail. icon_biggrin.gif

I have to say that I am looking forward to this. icon_biggrin.gif

_Shortlist_

Terk

jimbokav71

Daz the Imp

Are everybody comfortable with starting in the English second division or are there other wishes? icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be interested in this icon14.gif

When do you want to start a CIV 3 online game??

Just had a look at the 2004/05 Second, Jesper. I'd go for Tranmere, but they're probably one of the favourites to go up...So I think I might as well go for a team I know nothing about and who are bound to be a bunch of jokers -Hull City it is...

Grim place -passed through there once, it looked like a large prison camp...

Was gonna go for Cardiff as my namesake Graham Kavanagh plays for them, but think they would be too strong icon_rolleyes.gif so have opted for Blackpool who I have never played with before icon14.gif.

Thanks Jesper, I've got broadband and it's very stable...It's only disconnected once when I was in the middle of somrething in the 10 months I've had it so I should be able to do it without a hitch. As for teams, I don't care who I draw as long as it's a divsion witha couple of human players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover:

Having purchased the rights to a certain football club's domain I shall shortly be undertaking a large project involving a story with a website attached to it for even more in depth detail. icon_biggrin.gif

I have to say that I am looking forward to this. icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Devon's favourites per chance? icon_smile.gif

Certainly remember Dynamo, 't was one of the stories that generated a lot of interaction. It's still available from the CMS archives:

http://www.cmstories.net/archives/stories/1298.html <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes pal, i was reading through the other night and wondered if people would want one. it was lot work at a time i couldn't continue but certainly was great laugh doing it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover:

I have to say that I am looking forward to this. icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spooky. Was just thinking this morning about how good a story, like Flann's unfinished classic 'MertonSport' could be with an attached website - especially if the writer followed his lead and had other CMSers do match reports.

Good luck anyway icon14.gif

Devon's favourites per chance? icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No! Much much bigger than that! icon_wink.gif

You'd be surprised which domains have not been taken up. icon_biggrin.gif

Devon's favourites per chance? icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No! Much much bigger than that! icon_wink.gif

You'd be surprised which domains have not been taken up. icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely Bolton already own their own domain??

Or have you gone for LEigh RMI?

Still wrong PussBag. icon_wink.gif I'm hoping to start today. I'm getting quite good at starting websites! icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i know Yeovil have a site so is it er Newton Abbott?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCH:

I am just wondering were I can find Flann O'Brien's masterpiece about his trip with Engeland, because our stories hall of fame is out of work... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not on CMstories.net , but I thought someone had found a copy of it a few months back?

Abe Lenstra had a copy. A copy I'd like to receive again, so that I can put it into the CMS archives. icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Good.

I'd to read it again, it's been too long.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

Abe Lenstra had a copy. A copy I'd like to receive again, so that I can put it into the CMS archives. icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ Good.

I'd to read it again, it's been too long. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it brings up some good memories icon_smile.gif

Apologies to anyone following my stories for the lack of updates - I'm finishing off typing up my PhD thesis at the moment so I don't have much time and when I do I don't feel like lots more typing. I'll be losing internet access for some unknown amount of time at the end of July too so I'm not sure when I'll be able to update my stories icon_frown.gif

I still fully intend to continue with my Panama/Estonia adventure though when I have the time!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glamdring:

Apologies to anyone following my stories for the lack of updates - I'm finishing off typing up my PhD thesis at the moment so I don't have much time and when I do I don't feel like lots more typing. I'll be losing internet access for some unknown amount of time at the end of July too so I'm not sure when I'll be able to update my stories icon_frown.gif

I still fully intend to continue with my Panama/Estonia adventure though when I have the time! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know how that goes. It's tough, but we'll be here whenever you return. icon_smile.gif

Well I finally managed it then. icon_biggrin.gif

Believe it or not _manchesterunitedfc.org_ was avaialble too icon_redface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's because it's .org meaning it's a non-profit website(in theory) and nothing about Man U is non-profit.

Guest dog_mk2

hi,

um im not sure if anyone here has been reading my story (about burgos) but if you have you'll probably have noticed it has been moving away from football slowly... rather than an amusing background, the non-football aspect is becoming the point of the story.

basically, what i want to know is, as it's no longer really a football story - i think i might soon get 'sacked'... - do you want / mind if i keep posting it here?

cheers

t

Hello guys, long time no posting. How you all doing.

I think I might start writing again soon, continuing my Glentoran one and maybe starting something fresh to run along side it.

icon_cool.gif

Archived