The Stories Forum Community/Discussion thread

Raptor

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching this forum since a few weeks and it really looks good. People posting here are quite addicted. icon14.gif

I am organiser of one of the recognized longterm online games and would find it fantastic if some of you would join the online gaming. I know OMDave as longterm member of our clan already. He has fantastic posts also in our game thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

I am watching this forum since a few weeks and it really looks good. People posting here are quite addicted. icon14.gif

I am organiser of one of the recognized longterm online games and would find it fantastic if some of you would join the online gaming. I know OMDave as longterm member of our clan already. He has fantastic posts also in our game thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are certainly NOT addicts and can stop anytime we want to! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

I am organiser of one of the recognized longterm online games and would find it fantastic if some of you would join the online gaming. I know OMDave as longterm member of our clan already. He has fantastic posts also in our game thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are certainly NOT addicts and can stop anytime we want to! icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried that once.....NOT a good idea. Woke up with cold sweats, the need to play the game as soon as I got up was unbarable. I just needed the mouse in my hand. icon_biggrin.gif

load the shotguns, lads. we gots ourselves an outsider to hunt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terk:

load the shotguns, lads. we gots ourselves an outsider to hunt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hang on, he said something nice about me! icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers Koz, why don't you start a story yourself? icon14.gif

And I am addicted, SMSL, sad as it may sound...The last thing I should be doing at the moment is writing nonsense about a young manager caught in a web far vaster than mere football, and yet I can't help plungeing back in time and time again (well, every two or three days)... icon_wink.gif

Also, after being flamed repeatedly on the OTF (which I've been trying out for the first time over the past week or so), my ego can do with a little balming...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OMDave:

I forgot to say...I don't think you're supposed to come recruiting in here, Koz. You're going to get me into trouble now! icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least I have reached my goals then icon_wink.gif.

And....I can't start a story here as I (almost) never play CM offline icon_rolleyes.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Euan:

Do I count as an outsider? Do I? Huh? Huh? Huh? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not particularly. but i'll shoot you for being a dunfermline fan if you want icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

Haven't touched the game in a month and feel much the better for it. Of course I'd be alot more optimistic about giving it up if Ihadn't already planned and written up the beginnings to a new story icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I managed to give it up until I'd finished uni, but I'm getting drawn back into it now even though I should really be trying to find a job. icon_redface.gif

Right then, I'm back and just about ready now. So to cap it up:

Players and teams

Terk

jimbokav71 - Blackpool

Daz the Imp

OMDave - Hull City

Educated Hick

Harleqin

John O'Shea

Please confirm your interest along with the team of your choice. This will be our roster. I will expect us to start on Sunday, August 1st or Thursday, July 29th.

Will this suit everybody? Also, I plan on kicking the first session of early, namely at either 6, 7 or 8 pm CET.

I will set Thursday and Sunday as gaming days as I will be busy Wednesday night.

Oh, while I remember it. You should all have either MSN Messenger or ICQ in order to get my IP adress. Otherwise please leave your email in which case I will send it to you.

Now, I don't know much about the English second division, but I am tempted mainly by Bristol City, Sheff Wed, Stockport and Swindon. I will choose last though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harleqin:

cm 01/02 patch 3.9.68

I also need a good update for the 04/05 season. Any good suggestions apart from CMSorted? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i am running on the most recent CM Sorted patch

I think it is accurate to Xmas just gone as Saha is at United but no Smith

I'm not surprised Simon. Actually, I would be interested if we all agreed on some day.

Well, let's have a vote then. I say we keep it down to once a week then. Should it be Saturday or Sunday night? I expect a relative early start as I get up at 4,30am every Monday morning so expect something like 21 CET (20 BST). That is 9pm (8pm)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harleqin:

_Players and teams_

Terk - Tranmere

jimbokav71 - Blackpool

Daz the Imp -

OMDave - Hull City

Educated Hick -

Harleqin - Sheff Wed/Stockport

John O'Shea - Carlisle

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Playtime: Saturday/Sunday evening at 9pm CET - midnight CET = 3 hours.

Thread: Either one thread where we all post or individual threads allowing for more story background.

Title: Battle of Britain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daz the Imp:

Sundays is fine. Better than Saturdays as I cannot guarantee being back from the football in time.

I'd like to be Lincoln as well, thanks icon14.gif

How long are sessions likely to be? 2-3 hrs? Just seen this. icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

_Players and teams_

Terk - Tranmere

jimbokav71 - Blackpool

Daz the Imp - Lincoln

OMDave - Hull City

Educated Hick -

Harleqin - Sheff Wed/Stockport

John O'Shea - Carlisle

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Playtime: Sunday evening at 9pm CET - midnight CET = 3 hours.

Title: Battle of Britain

We are decided. I will start a thread when I get home from work. Hopefully the Hick will have seen this by then icon_smile.gif We start on Sunday

That reminds me... could you send me an email? I need to tell you which IP we will be using. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't we going to use a chat, like mIRC?

I'm afraid I have know idea when I'll be able to retrieve my copy of 01/02, so you'll have to start without me icon_frown.gif

In any case, I probably wouldn't have been able to play 29th or 1st -in fact I may not be able to play much at all in August.

Have to be out of the house we're in before 31st July, and stll haven't found a place for after that. Then later in August I'll be away at least three weeks...

Hull for the Conference icon_rolleyes.gif

*reminder to myself: get a good assistant manager*

And another thing:

I notice that, predictably, Jesper goes for a big team (or /a big team), Simon goes for Scousers, and Keith cannot be lured away from Carlisle (possibly because no such attempt has been made) icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Since I have not met any of the others, I cannot yet disparage their character to make myself feel more important icon_frown.gif

Daz, I'll be missing most of the first month too, but I hadn't really thought of dropping out. What do the rest of you think about this? Am I going to be exempted from narrative duties while I'm unable to play, or should I just let the lot of you get on with it and join the ranks of the captive (!?!) CMS audience, watching from the sideline as it were?

Hello boys. Well I've started writing another story my Polar game got overwritten by accident so I can't continue it. Anyways I've started writing something different. It's a story with a long prologue how I came to be a manager. Now I'm wondering if you would be interested in me posting the prologue since it's pretty long or just start with a new story? If anybody is interested in this leave a comment icon_biggrin.gif oh and also I'm not planing on posting the prologue yet as I want to finish it first. Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telstar:

If anybody is interested in this leave a comment icon_biggrin.gif oh and also I'm not planing on posting the prologue yet as I want to finish it first. Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, post the prologue! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OMDave:

And another thing:

I notice that, predictably, Jesper goes for a big team (or /a big team), Simon goes for Scousers, and Keith cannot be lured away from Carlisle (possibly because no such attempt has been made) icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Since I have not met any of the others, I cannot yet disparage their character to make myself feel more important icon_frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did actually choose them because they were the closest team to anfield icon_frown.gif nice to know i'm predictable

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glamdring:

The only thing big about Swindon is that they once gate-crashed the Premiership with a very fast return ticket, taking the record low number of points (I think) with them icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The record is now held by Sunderland, I believe. Watford set a new 'low points' record in their sole Premiership season in 99/00 and I am sure Sunderland broke it a couple of years ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glamdring:

The only thing big about Swindon is that they once gate-crashed the Premiership with a very fast return ticket, taking the record low number of points (I think) with them icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gives me a goal to aim for... doing better icon_wink.gif

I think that those of you who miss the start should just drop in later on in the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif Suits me perfectly.

No mention was made of Swindon earlier, Jesper (are you getting enough sleep these days? icon_wink.gif ). Look a bit further above, and you'll find that you'd put down Sheffield Wednesday (big club at that level, surely) and Stockport County (who were in the First recently, weren't they?) down as the teams you were likely to take...So there...

Besides, I was only having a gratuitous and admittedly puerile chuckle at your expense icon_razz.gif

Just wait until I get into full-on psychological warfare mode; there's an inexhaustible variety of ways in which I am liable to embarrass myself and those who know me... icon_biggrin.gif

I know Dave icon_razz.gif However, I decided to go with Swindon instead and have quoted them as my team in the game thread. I was not aware that Stockport counted as one of those big teams as I simply dont rate them and if I'm not mistaken Sheff Wed are heavily in debt and with a playing squad that is less than good icon_smile.gif

I look forward to having you join up. It looks to be just me, Terk, John O'Shea and jimbokav71 at first icon_smile.gif If you can join us this Sunday you are more than welcome. Gives you a chance to find a good assistant icon_wink.gif

Yep, just read the first instalment of 'Harleqin's tale'. And it gave me an idea for my own intro (whether it's a good one or not remains to be seen, or read). Good idea you had, Simon, bringing the Dutchman into this. Hopefully this sort of mutual pinging of ideas will carry on throughout the story -the result be interesting, and even if it's not it'll still be fun to be doing it icon14.gif

Unforunately there is no chance I'll be able to make Sunday. I still have no idea where my copy of 01-02 is, and with the move this week-end there's no way I'll have retrieved it by then. It may be a week or two (or more icon_frown.gif ) before I can start.

I'll just have to trust *whoever the current Hull assistant is* to avoid major catastrophy. Any Hull fans out there to let me know how likely this is?

Archived