Why sone players do stupid things in Key Games?

Such as:

- Aggresive tackle which leads to red card in the first half.

- Lose the ball in risky positions or not score even with an empty goal.

-Sliding to take a ball out but not standing up in time to recover it.

I find this things when the opposition is stronger than us, relegation games or cup / europe games, late stages.

Is it all related to Dreads Big Matches trait? Or concentration / Composure also play a big part requiring higher attributes in this kind of games?

Edited by Sharkn20

I would never sign anyone who has the "dislikes big matches" trait. What is the point of them? This is a huge factor in this. Players with this trait are more likely to be nervous and make mistakes.

There are also a lot of things that happen outside of the match that can affect it. Particularly press conferences. Unless you think your team responds well to a challenge, you want to take off as much pressure as possible from your team before a big match. For example I will never go around saying I will qualify for Europe or win the league (even if I am sure I will), because it can add unnecessary pressure. There are plenty of things like this to avoid. I tend to be a little kinder in my team talks (and less demanding). 

When I am playing as a weaker team in an important game, you can just remove pressure altogether. If nobody gives you a chance to win, say it to the press. Say it will be hard for your team to win. Which is true. I usually couple this approach to "everyone is writing you off, go prove them wrong" team talk. So I remove the pressure before the match (as much as I can) and then I motivate them with what I have made the press say. It is not going to win you games alone, but it should get your players in the right frame of mind.

2 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

Such as:

- Aggresive tackle which leads to red card in the first half.

- Lose the ball in risky positions or not score even with an empty goal.

-Sliding to take a ball out but not standing up in time to recover it.

I find this things when the opposition is stronger than us, relegation games or cup / europe games, late stages.

Is it all related to Dreads Big Matches trait? Or concentration / Composure also play a big part requiring higher attributes in this kind of games?

Because real players do stupid things and this is a football management simulation.