[FM20] It was Cambrogi in Wales, but now it's all about aggression in Wales, in England. Bellicosity, pugnacity and belligerence are all excellent words. But Welsh belligerence, in England now.

Jimbokav1971

37 minutes ago, rodesire said:

I reckon you should play the way that's most fun to you, really.

The thing is, it's not really a question of fun. The way I play has been driven by necessity. I like a long-term game and I'm lazy, so that has led me to preferring a Youth Only style so that I don't have to sift through scout reports. I basically don't have the time to play the way everyone else plays, so I have developed another style of playing. Now though, with no work and very little else to occupy my time, the idea of scouting and trawling through reports doesn't seem quite as onerous as it usually does, (and it's something different). At the moment I'm leaning towards prioritising Welsh players 1st, then non-English players, (just because), and only signing English players as a last resort. 

As the save develops I think I will revert where I can to more Welsh, but think that the development of the save might be restricted too much if I stuck to Welsh only. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign from the FM Gods

One of the players that I have in at the club on trial is O'Connor (IRL) *. He's Irish/English, but he is not Welsh at all. He was suggested by the DoF at my request so I invited him in for a trial. The fact that he is Irish and then English, (rather than English and then Irish), suggests that he was born in Ireland to at least 1 English parent.  Actually though he was born in England and is listed as Irish and then English because he us capped by Ireland at U19 level. That all seems quite reasonable doesn't it. I wonder where he was born in England. 

39f424533edaa0e5d77909d041fe3f60.png

He was born in Rushden, which just so happens to be the closest Town to the village I live in.

If that isn't a sign then I don't know what is. 

So it's made up my mind for me. I am going to sign anyone, that I have scouted or got in on trial, or whom is recommended by one of my staff, (because I like to use my DoF for this sort of thing a lot). At the same time I'm going to prioritise homegrown at club players 1st, then Welsh players, then non-English players and last and least, English players. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Long term plan moving forward

Part of the attraction of this save is that it has many different facets or stages to it. 

Stage 1. Get to JD Cymru Premier. 
Stage 2. Become 2nd best team in Wales. 
Stage 3. Topple TNS. 
Stage 4. Get into the Group stages in Europe. 
Stage 5. Get out of the Group stages in Europe. 
Stage 6. Win something in Europe. 
Stage 7. Improve the fortunes of AI managed Wales. 
Stage 8. Manage Wales. 
Stage 9. Manage Wales aged groups. 

In order to do something with the Welsh National Teams, I really need the likes of Cardiff and Swansea to be doing better than they currently are in terms of Youth development. My thinking is that I have set my favourite club as Cardiff and if I can get them to offer me the job at some point during the save then I will consider taking over there. It's just a thought at this stage though. The depths required to a save like this have possibly been opened by me being furloughed from work and having so much free time on my hands. If this lasts for a few months, (and it very well might I think), then I have a real opportunity to go deep into this save. 

Anyway, so that's what my thinking is, (and yes I'm very well aware that it took me ages to complete Step 1. :lol:

Pre-Season. Jul & Aug 2029.

7e904f55f58869f3162115ead9caab30.png

Aug 2029.

I wasn't really sure what exactly to expect from this season, but in the back of my mind was my comment last season that I expected to challenge for Europe quite quickly and in truth I expected to finish in the top half in this 1st season with our new influx of players. 

Afan Lido finished 4th in the league last season and also played in Europe last season, so they are a good team at this level and to beat them on opening day, (albeit in the Cup), was a good omen. 

Cardiff Met Uni. have finished 4th, 6th and 9th in their 3 seasons since they promoted to this level, so while they might be slightly on the wane, they were likely to be a threat. That didn't matter in the slightest as we started our JD Cymru Premier campaign with 3 points at the 1st time of asking. 

Carmarthen have finished 10th 3rd and 6th in the last 3 seasons, so they certainly have some pedigree, but the reason for the 3-1 loss owed more to us having 3 (THREE) players sent off, (for the 1st time in as long as I can remember in FM), than anything else. When you have 3 players sent off there is not really much expectation of getting a result. 

Cefn Druids are part of the Welsh establishment now and one of the "Bog Boys" having remained ever-present in the top tier since the save started. We were probably a little lucky to draw if I'm honest. 

991c158c83513e9387818f5e5124492c.png

75eacf6b21d5ed9a2955c7c3115c40b0.png

To those of you who don't know, (me included), there appear to be 2 stages to the JD Cymru Premier. 

The league splits in 2 after 22 games, (so everyone plays everyone else in the league twice), but there are a total 32 games in the league season, so 10 more matches means..... how do you play 10 more games when the league is split into 2 groups of 12? :idiot:

c910c45805a9936c046c92c8506550ec.png

Anyway, I'm sure it will all come out in the wash and I will talk you through it as and when it happens. 

64837d184431cee4ff39a2528231bbbe.png

4d2028df423bb98b0777e7dd70c9cc54.png

Welcome.

Rather than boring you to death with loads of pictures of new players, instead I'm just going to introduce you to 1 new player each month. 

O'Connor (IRL) * is the player I mentioned who swayed me as to my transfer style, (as he was born in Rushden). Released by Birmingham without making an appearance, not only did he score our 1st goal of pre-season, but he also earned us a points against Cefn Druids with another goal

3d9e3b14dc4d8a03881a5c669d1f34fe.png

389dee6d1290601a4e2c894292236bdb.png

Sep 2029

12594c765c98887218bc9a764096dc46.png

We were unlucky against Bangor City, but they have been playing at this level for the past 9 seasons now so it's to our credit that we should have won this game never mind about come away with nothing. 

The game against TNS was our 3rd against them in this save and we came out with what was effectively our 3rd draw from 3 games, (although we lost both of the previous 2 either on penalties or in extra-time). That we did so after having 2 players sent off, the 1st as early as the 49th minute is quite remarkable. (Remember what I said in a recent post about games played against high rep teams....... :cool:

4ab09d0429c7c4e8d5c008db52f526fc.png

Connah's Quay battered us. We were lucky it was only 3-1.

We were good against Bala, or more clinical is probably a better description.

I played a weakened side against Newtown in the Cup and although we led 2-0 at HT, they pegged us back and eventually beat us on pens. 

When I rotated the 1st choice players in for the league game against Newtown, I expected a win but once again we had a player sent off, (this time after 30 mins), and this effectively cost us 3 points because even playing for an hour with 10 men we almost got something out of the game. 

95521cb62e52d354169f0406c7366a4b.png

It's strangely a really tight league. TNS have already lost 2 and drawn 4 of their 8 games, and just 1 win and 3 more points, (as we should have got from the Newtown game), would have fired us up the table and seen us sitting comfortably in 4th. 

We're not in 4th. We rock bottom in 12th. 

Oct 2029.

275c2336ae09eb5276abc53c848d6bde.png

We were really unlucky not to beat Llanelli. We hit the woodwork twice and really should have taken all 3 points. 

2 injuries and another red card put paid to any thoughts I had of getting something out of the Barry game. 

We hardly gave Cardiff Met Uni. a kick. We absolutely dominated them from start to finish. 

4037fcd40b8148c121c9bbd9ed050441.png

We're out of the relegation zone, but it's very close throughout the league. Top side Connah's Quay have only won 4 of 11 games and 2nd bottom Afan Lido have only lost 4 of 11 games. 

Welcome

Big Matt seemed to be a big hit earlier in the save so I have replaced him with Big Bayraktar (TUR). The Turkish teenager stands an impressive 6'5" tall and unlike his Big predecessor has more pace than a slow thing with the brakes on, (however he's obviously not quick either). It's not my intention to play him as a TM despite his strengths, but instead to use him from the bench with a view to the defenders not being able to cope with his different threat late on. Dickson (ENG) * and Cook are the 1st choice pairing, but the young Turk will be thrown in as and when needed. Cook has already been sent off twice this season, so Big Bayraktar (TUR) has probably played more than anticipated, scoring 1 goal and 3 assists in 4(3) appearances. He's not really good enough to play right now, but we are short of a striker at the moment and he is stepping up. 

His face even looks like it would fit well on top of a 6'5" body. :lol:

There is obviously a fair bit of room for development, and if I can get his physicals up he might be decent. 

3548cd95b7321791037a66a543dfdad0.png

a6afa6361a48db817e729e4ed2c845bd.png

Nov 2029.

f1ebd71347cbfb0f0c6ee585d0fd9940.png

The win against Camarthen was brilliant, and we hit the woodwork twice more, but we also had a 8th player sent off this season. I have never seen anything like this before, (well not unless it was bug related). 

Cefn Druids absolutely hammered us and I was delighted to escape with a clean sheet and a point. 

The Bangor City game was actually quite even in that neither side seemed able to defend, and we hit the post twice more, but the reality is their strikers were better than our strikers and that's why they came out on top. 

e9c928f0c36b878d378aaeca8f78f062.png

The league is starting to become slightly more stretched, at least at the bottom of the table. The top 8 sides are separated by only 6 points, but the bottom 4 sides are separated by 5 points. Afan Lido are starting to fall off the bottom and we will need a big December, (we have 5 league games and a Cup game), to get away from the bottom. 

We do however have a game in hand, (against TNS today). As we have never won against them a point would be great, but equally, as we have never lost to them in 90 minutes I would also hope to get something out of the game. 

If anyone is wondering for the reason as to our stuttering start to the season after our imperious form at the end of last season, I think it is easy to show here. 

7b1f7211165c1bc0edc805102f492af6.png

The truth is that there has been a huge turnover in staff because the level of player who was interested in joining us changed significantly after promotion.

Transfers in

f2f50b38619ec10611c88aa72d5c7e4f.png
24328c0caf5f595ef8bbcfb49e31ea14.png

That's waaaaay more players coming in during a 1 month period than I would usually expect. They are almost all in the senior squad rather than the U19's and I think it's realistic that this has an impact on team cohesion and performances.  

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

The league splits in 2 after 22 games, (so everyone plays everyone else in the league twice), but there are a total 32 games in the league season, so 10 more matches means..... how do you play 10 more games when the league is split into 2 groups of 12? :idiot:

The league splits into two groups of 6. You play the other five teams in your group home and away to get the ten extra games.

The idea is similar to the Scottish Premiership.

You will often see 7th have more points that 6th as they have played their last games against relegation candidates, while the 6th place team will have faced TNS and the best of the rest more frequently.

7th can still make Europe, through the playoffs that allow them to face off against the teams who fill out the top half, and the positive feeling around the club from trouncing teams who are being relegated can be a boost, especially if the gap to 5th and 6th at the split was small

15 minutes ago, scousevasey said:

The league splits into two groups of 6. You play the other five teams in your group home and away to get the ten extra games.

The idea is similar to the Scottish Premiership.

You will often see 7th have more points that 6th as they have played their last games against relegation candidates, while the 6th place team will have faced TNS and the best of the rest more frequently.

7th can still make Europe, through the playoffs that allow them to face off against the teams who fill out the top half, and the positive feeling around the club from trouncing teams who are being relegated can be a boost, especially if the gap to 5th and 6th at the split was small

That seems remarkably simple when you say it like that. :lol:

Thank you. :applause:

Dec 2029.

d31b8b49ee4387bc604fd5ef8e044713.png

We suffered our 1st loss to TNS, (in 90 minutes), and the margin of victory might have been bigger. 

Bala beat us on pens in a game that we probably could and should have won. 

Connah's Quay beat us convincingly in the end, but we had 12 attacking corners to their 1 and I feel that if we had been able to take more advantage of this area then we might have got something out of the game. 

We were lucky in the Bala league game. Where as we should have won the Cup game, (and lost), we should have lost this game, (and won). They hit the woodwork no less than 4 times. 

I rotated all 10 outfield players against Afan Lido and it appeared as if it had backfired as we were 2-0 down after 30 mins, but the strategy worked out in the end as our condition levels ensured that we finished stronger and eked out a win thanks to a corner and 2 long throws, (and I make absolutely no apologies for that). 

The 1st XI started the Newtown game and again after going behind, we finished strongly with two 2nd half goals. Again I think this is largely down to squad rotation. All the outfield players were rested for the Afan Lido game and the impact this had in the latter stages of both games is significant. 

61760ad026e2ebf747eae22aa4c532b8.png

Welcome

You know all about Big Matt and I have recently introduced Big Bayraktar (TUR) to you, but after Big Charlie Brown scored a brace against Afan Lido I thought I would also introduce him. The Welsh teenager is 6'4" and if anything is more of a TM than Big Bayraktar (TUR), but is also weaker in other areas. He's very much a work in progress and the plan is certainly to use him from the bench rather than as a starter but certainly when it comes to long throws and corners he is a threat and is likely to become more so as he develops. 

65ccf6cbf774c2a271fc2182c6d4810f.png

19d890ad60fb63e744ea6d983a2d69fb.png

Jan 2030.

0daa89cfe9876a1392b513156bf3934b.png

I big 3-0 win against Afan Lido made it 4 league wins in a row. 

Again we came back from 2-0 down against Llanelli and I really think that squad rotation plays a key role in the number of late goals we score. Of the 6 goals we scored this month, the earliest was scored in injury time at the end of the 1st half. 

Barry were too strong for us and were worthy winners. 

aee2f02741a556463f8b79e4846ae75d.png

I'm still looking down rather than up I'm afraid, but at least there is an 8 point gap between ourselves and Bala in 11th. 

Thanks to @scousevaseywe now know that we will play each of the other 5 teams below the line twice to finalise our end position. Does that mean we can't finish higher than 7th now? #Harsh

4 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Does that mean we can't finish higher than 7th now? #Harsh

yeah you can;'t finish higher than 7th, but 7th would give you. a ticket to the european place playoff, so quite a prize i reckon.

Feb 2030.

What a month! We have really clicked the Cook - Dixon (ENG) * partnership has really blossomed. The Ass Man keeps expecting me to drop Cook when I ask him to select the matchday squad, but I am swapping him back in each time and he keeps rewarding me. It's 4 wins in a row, but more significantly it's 8 wins and a draw in 10 games. That's brilliant when you consider where we were before that. For the 1st time I am starting to look upwards at 7th, (thanks for the info @rodesire), and while writing this I'm not even sure where we are in the league, but we weren't miles off 7th at the beginning of the month so I can't wait to see. 

b705e27752913237884f585bcdea35c8.png

We have rocketed up the table and are now sitting pretty in 7th with a 4 point cushion between ourselves and 8th. 

Astonishingly, we have won 12 of 26 games in the league, which is higher than everyone else. :eek:

218ae51adc67d0cfead4555626eb8526.png

1 minute ago, rodesire said:

who's about to win this season's cup?

is it one of the top3 sides?  if not, the playoff may turn out to be 3-6th positions only

462e5286d0617cb1f2ad8ec0955f7d4c.png

TNS crashed out early. 

Airbus UK are top of JD Cymru North

Cardiff Met Uni are 9th in JD Cymru Premier

Connah's Quay are 5th in JD Cymru Premier. 

Barry are 3rd in JD Cymru Premier

I take it I want Airbus and Cardiff Met Uni to lose? 

7 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Youth Intake preview. Dec 2029.

57f969781581cbe95ce4f8e487c6dafb.png

Youth Intake Day. Apr 2030.

I'm not going to bother dissecting this intake because it's so rubbish that there is just no point. If @Thebakerthought that one of our previous intakes was bad, he will have palpitations when he sees this rubbish. 

The 1 and only thing I would mention is that you will again notice that the player with the best actual PA is English rather than Welsh. 

8643549588b921714d0610405e0838e3.png

58d5fd95c48b744fa4a01f50a6430223.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Apr 2030.

6da8f08c6f181674aa602ac37ef4521e.png

I don't think we have qualified for the Playoff Conference. I think we have just finished top of the Playoff Conference. 

116e943e9ae305f3d982fe18535a8826.png

This is right. I have no idea who we Playoff against though. 

04967ab5fda0528d72038100e6ea17c2.png

2afc4a0a0e16c98f56b47ce95ca07cae.png

Our GK Alex Morris has been in pretty decent form over the last couple of months.He's scored 6 goals for us this season, but 5 of them have come in his last 6 appearances. 

94e7a116a25688ef30d54109627b0f58.png

This is last seasons Final league table. 

88f5151bfe7239d55b06e337a98b9f1c.png

I'm trying to work out what might be ahead of us. 

We finished 7th this season so effectively we are Bangor City

Lets have a look at last season's fixtures.

4th played 7th. 

dee0acb1412a9a1eb5d4a6ae90f9805d.png

5th played 6th. 

ac6adb5daf8d01a0c6cab4fb0f47f4fb.png

Winner match 1 plays winner match 2. 

e5522a91edc71921c524f6af9918c276.png

Barry beat Afan Lido on pens which should mean that Barry qualified for Euro Cup 2 and Afan Lido didn't.

TNS qualified for the Champions League as Champions
Bala qualified for the Euro Cup 2 as Runners Up.
Cefn Druids qualified for the Euro Cup 2 as 3rd place

I honestly don't know what the impact of whatever who wins the Cup is. 

[Edit]

Barry beat Cardiff Met Uni in the Cup FInal and as Barry were also Runners Up in the league I guess we won't find out what happens when someone rubbish wins the Cup. 

73a66c445025b5d59ca53c2e7b2eebf3.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Euro Places Playoff.

e98117ec102d0118fdfd967879b20185.png

9bb49f302e9485b57326e771c433d36b.png

We conceded 1st but fought back to level before going down to 10 men with 20 mins left only for Big Bayraktar (TUR) to come up with the winner with 8 mins left. We're through the the Final! 

We're playing Connah's Quay in the Final, and while they finished behind Llanelli in the league, they are in much better form and will be a much tougher nut to crack.

4f4276e98b63c0dbaea94d29b5aa0b43.png

b95595c10a21daf1de3606ad9715340c.png

a57a6b93373a27089f1db480af9ded0f.png

Final League Table

98cd7ae6e21b9da8fd95c3e61944bc1e.png

9 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Boom, at the first time of asking, massive massive result

I've got to admit, while I thought I had a decent chance against Llanelli due to their poor form, I honestly thought Connah's Quay would turn us over. 

I'm well chuffed. :)

On 04/04/2020 at 20:16, Jimbokav1971 said:

Question to those reading

I have a bit of a dilemma. The plan for this thread was going to be Welsh players only, with the obvious exception of non-Welsh players coming through our Academy. The problem I'm having is that there are LOADS of goof non-Welsh players about who will improve us, but far fewer Welsh players. Up until now I have kept the Welsh only rule, but I am currently considering removing that self-imposed rule. (To such an extent that I have non-Welsh players in on trial right now). 

I plan on playing this save for quite a while and I think there is quite a lot possible in the future, and something that was in the back of my mind was somehow "influencing" the Welsh clubs playing in the English structure and getting their facilities improved so that they produce better players to help us, (and the Welsh Nation as a whole). That's a looooooong way off, and of course Welsh only is something that I could revert to at some point in the future as and when our facilities improve. 

I'm in 2 minds at the moment and while I will make up my own mind, I would be interested to hear the views of others because it's quite a significant decision. 

As anyone reading will be only too well aware, I'm not overly bothered about taking things slowly, but I also don't want to take them so slowly that I lose interest. Just becoming the 2nd best club in Wales is going to be a big deal and then toppling TNS is going to be something else entirely. (That's before we even think about Europe). 

So what do you think? 

Definitely go with non-Welsh players. This is already a decent objective to fulfill all the others challenges you listed on your first post. Keep it up, it is a pleasure reading you.

And congratulations for winning the Cup or whatever this was :lol:

Edited by KrKAlex

5 minutes ago, KrKAlex said:

Definitely go with non-Welsh players. This is already a decent objective to fulfill all the others challenges you listed on your first post. Keep it up, it is a pleasure reading you.

And congratulations for winning the Cup or whatever this was :lol:

Yeah thanks. :thup:

I have decided to relax the Welsh only rules for now. Depending on the quality of Welsh players available I might try and revisit that at some point in the future. I'm really not keen managing a side in a small Nation that is full of Brazilian wonderkids. If I do that then what's the point managing here? 

As for "the Cup or whatever it was", it was a knockout for the final European place next season, so we will be playing in Europe soon. :cool:

47 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Congratulations on only finishing 4 points off of TNS! :lol:

Good luck on your first Conference League appearance.

I think it will be a very different outcomes the 1st time I finish above the line. 

Strangely, (in my opinion), the board are adamant that we mist achieve a top half finish this season. That seems ridiculous to me. 

Because they are a new board, (another new board), they seemingly have high expectations based on a very shot period of time. 

fe553c8575695eb28719049260137e57.png

Their on-going expectations seem to be more reasonable, in so much as they don't get harder in subsequent seasons, but as we are playing in Europe and there are only 22 games in the 1st part of the league season, it's quite possible and even probable that we won't make the cut-off. :(

47 minutes ago, rodesire said:

thank god for Brexit /s

You know, I thought that the FM Gods were toying with me for a moment after my ill-advised comments about our Macedonian friends...... ;)

I thought we had drawn a Macedonian side in Europe, but it was just my old eyes playing tricks on me. (I was looking at Rabotnicki who are on the line above). :lol:

003b0f5f22df167121dc94778a216199.png

40 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

Perhaps limit yourself to players from nations with English as a native language?

Possibly, but I think that's a little too broad and too restrictive at the same time. 

I love a foreign Nationality only slightly less than I love a foreign 2nd Nationality and to put too many restrictions on that would restrict my enjoyment of the save I think. 

The idea of having "a Brazilian wonderkid" for example is really appealing in Wales. The idea of having 7 is not in the slightest bit appealing if that makes sense. 

I had a look at the WP rules over the weekend and am still thinking. 

I don't know if this is as a result of Brexit, or something that was in the Welsh leagues anyway. I'm still trying to get my head round it. 

df1fc6d89e032d9136a8955e9e5939a1.png

If we consider for a minute that I am talking about a Brazilian or an Argentinian wonderkid for example, and we assume that they do not have dual Nationality, then they are not currently going to get a WP because it's unlikely that they will have played enough International matches to qualify, (and I have absolutely no interest in buying an older more seasoned International player). 

Selling the player on might also be problematic if they are expected to have played in 70% of First Team games. Is that League games or all games? When we are playing regularly in Europe, how is a player meant to play 70%+ of games, (unless he is a GK). 

With regards to getting a deal accepted on appeal, let's have a look. We need 4 points and are likely to get 2-3 points for the value of the transfer and then  another 2-3 points for the player's salary. Then we would get another 1 point for being an active player in the top 2 leagues in South America.

So getting accepted on appeal would seem to be reasonable, but we might struggle to sell the player on, (which will absolutely be needed for this to work). 

I'm annoyed now that I didn't pay more attention to Brexit during the game, (but I'm all Brexit'd out). :( 

What I need to do is see what the rules are in England I think.

These are the current, (in game), WP rules in the English Premier League. 

0a700c1f2188318bd5b56a600b4454bb.png

I don't think it's going to be easy to sign FGN players that are not dual Nationality. 

I wonder how long it takes to become Welsh? 

a3af6ae53c958c212e818ac290b483dc.png

1,825 continuous days would be.... 5 years. So the chances of me signing Brazilian wonderkids is virtually nil then, (unless of course they hold dual Nationality). I think that's a reasonable restriction to be getting on with. Now where is my map of Eastern Europe........ :lol:

On an un-related note, the Welsh National side are not doing well. 

I really need to find a way to influence the likes of Cardiff & Swansea. 

64e6f575e15ad71dde2b51fb6e4905dc.png

14 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

Well done on making Europe at the first time of asking. Will being in Europe make a difference for your finances, i imagine all teams are going to be a tough match.

The truth is I have absolutely no idea. I would expect any sort of prize money will be a bonus because finances are so limited. I'm not even sure what I should expect against a Moldavian team in terms of performances/results. Are we at a similar level? I have no idea. 

41 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

You know, I thought that the FM Gods were toying with me for a moment after my ill-advised comments about our Macedonian friends...... ;)

I thought we had drawn a Macedonian side in Europe, but it was just my old eyes playing tricks on me. (I was looking at Rabotnicki who are on the line above). :lol:

003b0f5f22df167121dc94778a216199.png

If we win the 1st Round, (is this the 1st Qualifying Round), then we surely have a chance in the 2nd round against a team from either Luxembourg or Armenia.

ae0a2dbd907a5ee55a38c555d551cb8a.png

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

The truth is I have absolutely no idea. I would expect any sort of prize money will be a bonus because finances are so limited. I'm not even sure what I should expect against a Moldavian team in terms of performances/results. Are we at a similar level? I have no idea. 

The league ranking might give you some idea, i would think you might be at the same level. Moldova are one of the weaker countries you can get.

4 hours ago, Thebaker said:

The league ranking might give you some idea, i would think you might be at the same level. Moldova are one of the weaker countries you can get.

That is indeed a good shout. :thup:

Wales. 69th.
Moldova. 71st. 
Armenia. 90th.
Luxembourg. 98th. 

fb83f6c5c16fd3af9336ba1d2b066f74.png

Player - Coach. Jul 2030.

Some of you who have been paying attention might remember a striker called Parry *. In the early stages of the save he was one of the 2 main support strikers to Big Matt, and scored a lot of goals for us. 

8c4e42dd0d9bb39dd44149d508c65014.png

He scored 55 league goals for us over a period of 6 seasons. That doesn't sound a lot but I can promise you that it was at the time. 

Without me making any instruction at all, my DoF has signed him as a Coach. 

12e0ec090f69de416fab8a8c04741408.png

e97229de742392dcd43929021305d5db.png

He's on the club's Icon list, with Matty Litchfield, (aka Big Matt), and Davidson *

I am on the favoured personnel list and current 1st choice striker Dixon (ENG) * is listed as a legend after just 2 seasons with the club. (I have never seen that before). 

b4b7a1363321b52a657b38fbb2c89808.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Home away from home. Jul 2030.

As soon as I saw the yellow in the stand I knew we weren't playing our home leg at home, and it was only as the highlights progressed that I realised we were playing in a big stadium.

There are not too many stadiums in Wales that it can be. The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff, Cardiff's home stadium, Swansea's stadium., Wrexham. Maybe a converted rugby stadium? But this isn't the Millenium Stadium, and doesn't appear to be either Swansea or Cardiff and is way to big for Wrexham, so where are we playing? 

Wherever it is, it's a mighty impressive stadium. 

7ce43f711d868bc76a59ca246e4f53b0.jpg

93012580d189d7fea950dcc74695e3e5.jpg

0c8c39b165e4d08312003883004c23fc.jpg

cdcb3c860ad5565432548c4f8f441901.png

I'm not Welsh, but I have never heard of it. I know Bridgend is between Swansea and Cardiff but it's very much a rugby area, (or I thought it was). 

It was built in 2022, (which is why I have probably never heard of it), but this is the 1st game played there. (Does that suggest that it is a rugby stadium?)

c40ce542c523e30f3ba5ae6dab578e51.png

c80897075a1a62a964712b3f7d4212a9.png

110a1fa9b348ec71d4b6ac25cb4e4842.png

I know that there was talk of a new stadium being built between 2 of the Welsh provincial sides, but can't remember who it was. 

d8f85791173c906eccc7beb4bdcf0e56.png

This is actually a provincial Rugby League side mentioned here though and I'm sure the plans I had read about were Rugby Union based and I'm almost sure that the Scarlets were involved, (and the Scarlets used to be Llanelli), so while this is still South Wales, I can't see Llanelli and Bridgend joining up like this, (they used to hate eachother, at least where rugby was concerned).  

Anyway, it's a hell of a stadium, we christened it and seemingly nobody else plays here. :idiot:

Hopefully someone following the thread is Welsh and can educate me.