Feature Suggestion: League Rule Change Votes

ManicStreetFootballFan

I was just thinking about how leagues like the premier league often let their teams vote on rule changes (things like transfer windows, etc), it would be cool to include this in Football Manager, though it's obviously not super realistic as IRL this would be a decision made by a board member rather than the manager, but it could still be a fun little addition and allow for more dynamic things within long term saves like rule changes that you can have a say on (for instance clubs could vote to change the leagues rules over discipline or even relegation/promotion)

curious if people have any thoughts on this idea? :)

It is a good idea for long term games:

* Leagues without VAR that later incorporate it
* Changes in number of substitutes or transfer windows or number of foreigners allowed

But I understand that it is not a fundamental addition to the game, even more important things for the game are missing in tactics, training, press, etc.

22 hours ago, FrazT said:

This is an aspect of football that does not normally come within the responsibility of the manager, so it is unlikely that this would be included.

Even so, the idea of league rules changing from time to time might have legs. It would spice things up a bit in long saves

I really like this idea. Even if you, as the manager, don't get to make the decision, it would be cool to have the owners vote on league rule changes. When the vote occurs, you could discuss the club's decision with the owner and try to convince them to cast their vote one way or another, just like in a board request.

• 6 months later...