Delay Choosing Captain

Weston

Why am I being forced to choose a captain both on June 30 and July 1? I don't know what the transfer window will hold, so I'd rather wait and make my selection closer to the start of the season, rather than pick someone now and risk upsetting them if I get a much better captain coming in later, or waste the selection if I sell the player.

image.thumb.png.9214db8e7641327585e7635bb77a2e3b.png

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Can you think of many examples where the captaincy process is as drawn out as that though? 

Can you think of teams that have held off naming a captain to give it a potential signing?

Only one that springs to mind is possibly Rooney at Derby, but that situation was influenced heavily by Keogh/drink driving incident. 

I'm not saying it needs to be drawn out to a few days before the season, but I'm not saying it should be decided the literal day the season switches over, either. I'm speaking mainly from the perspective of a club that is climbing the league ladder and experiencing a lot of turnover. If my captain is leaving, much of my previous squad consisted of loaned players that are leaving, and I will be bringing in like 10 new players, it would be absurd to choose the captain from the small random assortment existing on July 1 instead of waiting until the appropriate player is ready over the coming month or so.

• 2 months later...