Family relationships between newgens

Ravsieg

Hello everyone,

This had been in my mind a few times before, but it came to me today.

While looking for prospects, I noticed that a certain club got two newgens with the same uncommon last name. Out of curiosity, I went in to check their information and see if it mentioned any relationship. Of course it didn't - but considering the large amount of real-life family dynasties in football and that most people have relatives within the game, it feels like it'd add a new whole layer of immersivity if newgens could suddenly have cousins, siblings or children.

• 1 month later...

Completely agree. I like the idea of this being a minor feature in future games. To have two brothers come through the academy would be superb. As you say, there are many sporting families, past and present, who play football. Stephen Gerrard and cousin Anthony. The Nevilles. The Redknapps. Ian Wright and his sons Shaun & Bradley Wright-Phillips. Longstaff brothers playing at Newcastle. There are so many. You only have to look at the Wikipedia page on the subject and you'll find that England has it's own page full of family members who all play. Brothers, fathers and sons, cousins, uncles and nephews.

In FM 16 there was once the van der Sar dynasty, not in my save, but there were 3 van der Sar's and all of them were regens.

They were brothers born in the same day or something. There was a screenshot in FMSite if I'm not wrong lol.

See, this would be fantastic, triplets! I actually created triplets of my own to play in the game (I do not have triplet sons, just fantasy). So, my lovely lady and I talk about expending the family, and this is a bit of day dreaming, whereby our sons play football together and then get to see their paths and where they end up.

• 5 months later...