PepGuardiola tactics mastered and then 11 losses from 12 games

I dont know why the guys from sports interactive delete my post just because I show them how unrealistic their game but now Ill show you my tactic and so please tell me why 11 loses from 12 games. This is tactics from pep guardiola the king himself made in this game as good as it gets and mancity is the best team in the world so why 11 loses from 12 games and sacking? Help please

pepthekingfucksi.thumb.PNG.0c6f8fe01ed8206f6aa11f5918e3dcc8.PNG

You should definetly play David Otto as CF because he is loaned from Hoffenheim and the rest of the team is not.

Or alternatively buy every player from ManCity and maybe try to get the man himself, holy pep, to join your team. 

58 minutes ago, MrPep said:

yes playmaker thats how tikitaka is done bernardo silva, debrunye and david silva for example

Is it? 3 APs and a regista.. 4 playmaker roles in midfield out of 5. Who, exactly, are they making play for? Who is supposed to be scoring goals in this tactic? Solely the CF? Because he is the only one attacking the box in a meaningful way. To get crosses from the winger or maybe some through balls. The winger will likely get on the end of some deep crosses from the right wing playmaker. It is hard to imagine where your goals will come from here. Not to mention the you entirely lack width on the right flank. 

I am sure this tactic produces high possession statistics, but that is only half of what tiki taka is about. Guardiola uses width on both sides to stretch the game as much as possible and has a lot of players looking to get into goal scoring positions. This tactic lacks that. I am not surprised you are struggling to win with it, as if you mark the CF out of the game you simply will not score from open play. 

In short, your tactic is poorly balanced and needs quite a few changes if you want it to be effective. 

3 hours ago, MrPep said:

I dont know why the guys from sports interactive delete my post just because I show them how unrealistic their game but now Ill show you my tactic and so please tell me why 11 loses from 12 games. This is tactics from pep guardiola the king himself made in this game as good as it gets and mancity is the best team in the world so why 11 loses from 12 games and sacking? Help please

You need to understand that the tactic you've made isn't "the tactics from pep guardiola the king himself". It's a tactic that you've made based on what you've seen of his teams. Add to the fact that you've using a significantly weaker team than anything Pep has ever had and it becomes quite obvious why you are losing so much and clearly becoming very frustrated.

Because you're basing your tactic on real life I think its important to state what version of Guardiola's various teams you are taking inspiration from. This helps you to have a clear vision of what you are attempting, so that you don't make yourself confused. By doing this you also make it easier for people in the forum to give you advice as they can understand the type of Guardiola tactic you are going for. I'd also recommend setting yourself some objectives based on what you'd be satisfied with seeing in the match engine. This could be for instance creating a 2-3-5 attacking shape or utilising a False 9 to create a diamond midfield. 

Edited by camoulton21

"peptheking****si" — that's how you named your screenshot.

I'm by no means a SI enthusiast, but this thread's intention is questionable, especially because there are shortcomings on your side when it comes to basic football knowledge in a positional sense. You blame the game while your are not able to translate the roles and duties aspect of each position into the game. You are not omniscient. You act totally arrogant, but there's no need for it.

Your TIs aren't that bad. A bit too extreme in terms of passing, pressing and the engaged high line. No need for quick GK distribution. Maybe use default dribble instruction.

The roles and duties are a pure mess. Of course, the Silvas are capable of playing as playmakers, but they are also very potent half-wingers—the mezzala role would be a perfect compromise in this case. Back at Barcelona, Pep mainly used four playmakers: Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and, on rare occasions, Sergio Busquets, but they never acted as playmakers in the same match altogether. It always depended on the opponent and the conditions. My advise: Try to reduce the amount of playmakers you want to use at the same time. Two playmakers instead of four would be a good start, preferably in different stratas.

You have seven attack duties. That's just too much. Try to get rid of at least four. They won't help you getting possession football if there are no balance factors. Possession-based football requires support duty players who will try to support your attack duty players. There's no way around it.

Your BPDs are taking too many risks which leads to higher chances of loss of possession. I'd get rid of at least one and use normal CD-des instead. I'd also use an IW instead of a normal winger. The traditional winger's tendencies are too one-dimensional for a "Sané emulation".

Last but not least: Always make sure your players and their abilities are tailored to the instructions so they are able to follow them.

Edited by FMSD0

There are not 4 playmakers in pep tactical system.  Does his team have multiple players who have the attributes to be a playmaker? YES.

In his systems (yes plural) I would say:

• The DM is a holding player and NOT a playmaker or roaming around, Busquets wasn't a playmaker in that team, it was Xavi.  Was Busquets great on the ball, yes.  Fernandinho covers for Silva and KDB.
  • Pep likes his fowards to link up.  Its was openly discussed how Aguero had to adapt to Peps system.  In FM terms going from an attack duty to support.
  • The wide players typically are IW + WB or W + IWB.  I don't think any of them are attack duties either.  It changes game to game and depends on the players available.  Even if Bernardo Silva plays I wouldn't say he becomes a AP.
  • Dribble Less? Again a well discussed thing was how Sterling improved going from being asked to not dribble under Pellegrini and play 2 touches at most to how Pep gave him freedom to run at defenders...

I'd suggest you take a step back and rethink things.

4 hours ago, MrPep said:

Your other thread was hidden because of the disrespectful title and aggressive content and comments against the developers.  You joined the forums last Wednesday and have managed to fall out with several users in here and the Skinning forum, so perhaps you need to take a step back and think about how you post on these forums.  Please read the forum rules carefully before posting again. https://community.sigames.com/topic/509042-providing-feedback-and-engaging-with-others/

You have been offered help in here with your tactic and formation which, in the eyes of most users, would appear to be deeply flawed.  The outcome of this is not the fault of the game but if you want help, then listen to what you are being told.  If you just want to argue and complain, then you would be best to leave this thread, as it will be closed if there are further issues with it.

5 hours ago, MrPep said:

5 hours ago, MrPep said:

ow Ill show you my tactic and so please tell me why 11 loses from 12 games

Because - in all honesty - this tactic makes no sense at all. 4 playmakers, 7 attack duties (out of possible 8), extremely aggressive (and hence needlessly risky) out-of-possession instructions, overkill and contradiction in in-possession instructions. 

This type of tactic could work only if it was an exploit tactic. Maybe you tried to create it based on some exploit tactics you've seen somewhere, but the attempt obviously failed.

Nah honestly I've seen his previous post. Just looks like a troll.

" This is tactics from pep guardiola the king himself made in this game as good as it gets and mancity is the best team in the world "

37 minutes ago, (sic) said:

" This is tactics from pep guardiola the king himself made in this game as good as it gets and mancity is the best team in the world "

you are the troll here trying to act like you dont understand? mancity not best team in the world? look here https://understat.com/league/EPL/2019

Winger on attack duty is definitely not something based from pep's tactic. And not to mention numerous things in the tactic that contradicts each other. I have managed to emulate pep real life man city tactics in the previous match engine and have success with it so it is definitely doable. There are a few really good guides in this forum that shows how possession based tactics can be done. Dont be so stubborn learn from others

11 hours ago, (sic) said:

10 hours ago, MrPep said:

you are the troll here trying to act like you dont understand? mancity not best team in the world? look here https://understat.com/league/EPL/2019

@(sic) @MrPep Guys, keep to the topic, please. Otherwise I'll have to delete posts like these and maybe even lock the thread if it turns into a pointless argument.

Thank you.