Less writing and more numbers and graphics where important/numeric information is given

Murdre Dukc

This is less of a concrete feature and more of a "can someone take a good look at this".

Some information is better presented in the form of numbers, especially if you're supposed to compare them. It is a big issue both at the start at the game (harder to figure it out) and later on (repetitive text, mentally exhausting), because it makes information way harder to parse and for non-native English speakers (like myself) it can just be unclear what it means. This is the best example:

image.thumb.png.0b3847e2abc6135b182129c1bdf48539.png

• Is "plenty of promise" worse or better than "caught the eye"?
  • Is "not up to scratch" worse or better than "of poor quality"?
  • I hope "top prospect" is a world-class player (speaking of which, is "world-class" better than "elite" or "leading Premier Division player"?) but maybe "caught the eye" is better?
  • How is "do not look like great prospects" quantifiable?
  • Actually, why do I need to know how bad are the bad ones in comparison to each other?
  • Are these sorted by quality?
  • If they are sorted by quality, why do I need to know about one random guy's hometown?

Now, I still need to read ~10 lines of text to get some information out of it, and that information is unreliable (by design) anyway. Too much mental work and I would rather just wait for the intake day. It would be nicer to have some sort of UI layout for this. I think a formation screen with some 0-5 star ratings and additional info on quantity would be the easiest to look at.

I understand that the game needs flavour text to feel "alive", but at the end of the day it's about effectively consuming information and making decisions. After 20 hours, stuff like this becomes noise and just tires the reader. I've seen this approach change in some screens, like club vision/expectation - that screen has less text and more bars, and that's great! Let's have more please. It would be nice to see a stronger readability effort in the coming releases.

Edited by Murdre Dukc

• 3 months later...