Help with sub-divisions (north/south split)

ScottishPep

Hi all. I've run into a sticky situation and I can't seem to get my head around it.

I want to create a league system that splits into north and south after the second division.

I've created the following leagues:

1. SPL

2. Championship

Then I want it to split into seperate Lowland and Highland leagues which are seperate entities if that makes sense. 2 teams will be relegated from the Championship and 1 team will be be promoted from each of the Highland and Lowland Premierships.

Lowland Premiership then Lowland Championship and then Lowland League One

Highland Premiership then Highland Championship and then Highland League One

Highland Premiership will relegate to Highland Championship then to Highland League One and stop there.

Lowland Premiership will relegate to Lowland Championship then to Lowland League One and stop there.

Getting all sorts of errors so I've stripped it back to just SPL then Championship and I'm valid again.

I've added in a working Highland and Lowland Premiership level. Haven't messed with the borders yet though so I guess it's just random who goes where but it works. That means my problem is the tier below.

The best way is to use regional divisions, which will tell the game which divisions teams should be playing in at each level. There will still be some issues if there are too many teams, but it will just mean teams may not play in their correct division if there is not room for them. You can also set up regional boundaries for the leagues. 

For the regional championship/division one promotion relegation. If you are using child competitions you can set the promotion directly to between the two leagues. 

Thanks for your reply @sporadicsmiles

I'll have a go the next time I'm on. I've set a loose boundary for Highland/ Lowland to Perth which is a little more North than Glasgow and Edinburgh. So I've only set the south boundary for the Highlands and the North boundary for the Lowlands, all the other boundaries are blank. The issue is though that there are lots and lots of teams either central or South but not many at all in the Highlands. If a Lowland team is placed in the Highland league they could rack up some crippling travel costs.

Working so far I have SPL - Championship - then a Highland/ Lowland split league. 2 Teams are relegated from Championship and 1 team is is promoted from High/ Low. To be honest I may save myself a headache for now and extend those divisions to 20 teams and just fill them with the 20 best teams from the HIghlands and Lowlands.

3 hours ago, ScottishPep said:

To be honest I may save myself a headache for now and extend those divisions to 20 teams and just fill them with the 20 best teams from the HIghlands and Lowlands.

That is what I would do. If you want to make a regional split, try to get as many teams from each region involved. Even if it means some higher rep teams from one of the regions misses out. You could always further regionalize the Lowlands region lower down to ensure you do not send too many teams too far down the pyramid. 

For now I've just extended the divisions to 20 teams each and I think I have the majority of teams that I wanted playable. I may have missed some lower league sides who have a good fanbase so I'll revisit that later.