Does height matter?

Something I'd like to throw out there since I've been wondering how it works.

Imagine we have two players and let's not take the quality of the pass that goes in their direction into the equation:

PLAYER A - small player with above average heading abilities
160cm, 16 jumping reach, 16 heading, 16 strength, 16 man marking and 16 all other interception-related attributes like anticipation etc. (if he's the one trying to intercept)

PLAYER B - tall player with under average heading abilities
190cm, 8 jumping reach, 8 heading, 8 strength, 8 man marking and 8 all other interception-related attributes like anticipation etc. (if he's the one trying to intercept)

In real life, I would say Player A can jump so well that he can equal the height (and maybe also the jumping reach in height) of Player B. So it would be an equal battle in the air.

But what if Player A and Player B have exactly the same stats (16 jumping reach, heading and strength) but still differ in height, would the taller player B statistically win more aerial duels in game?

This might sound like a stupid question but I've had a youth intake with a 202cm tall striker who has 7 jumping reach but 16 headers and was wondering if his height would compensate his lack in jumping reach.

Thanks!

The jumping reach stat in-game takes height into account, so in theory, in-game if player A can jump high enough to mitigate the height advantage player B has, then the game will display about the same jumping height for them. I've read this on another reply in this forum, so I can't be 100% sure.

I know there is a help text about this during the loading screens. Unfortunately I forgot which side it confirms. I believe it said that height does matter, so a shorter player will need a higher jumping reach to get to the same point. 

2 minutes ago, SeedSnatcher said:

The jumping reach stat in-game takes height into account, so in theory, in-game if player A can jump high enough to mitigate the height advantage player B has, then the game will display about the same jumping height for them. I've read this on another reply in this forum, so I can't be 100% sure.

You are right. I think someone from SI staff explained how it works back in FM 2019. So, if they both have jumping "REACH" 16 that is the height they can reach no matter how tall they are.

It is VERY RARE in game that you find a short player but have a jumping reach more than 10 so in theory the above situation can happen that the shorter player out jump the taller player. I believe the game models the jumping reach to the height to some extent so in theory it can happen but in the game unlikely

24 minutes ago, yolixeya said:

You are right. I think someone from SI staff explained how it works back in FM 2019. So, if they both have jumping "REACH" 16 that is the height they can reach no matter how tall they are.

Yes. It just means that the shorter player is a better jumper. They can reach the same height if JR is the same.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Yes. It just means that the shorter player is a better jumper. They can reach the same height if JR is the same.

Are these explanations in the game.

i know during the loading screen these thing pop up. But is there not a tab where you can read through all these explanations?

There should be, I’m certain a lot more people interpret things the wrong way. 

So ok just to Clarify 20 jumping reach is the top height any player can reach and is not affected by height.

Also since each jumping reach rating is worth more to a shorter player, does that mean more CA is taken up by jumping reach of smaller players?

14 hours ago, jere_d said:

Are these explanations in the game.

i know during the loading screen these thing pop up. But is there not a tab where you can read through all these explanations?

IIRC there is a game hint, yes.

So ok just to Clarify 20 jumping reach is the top height any player can reach and is not affected by height.

Yes.

Also since each jumping reach rating is worth more to a shorter player, does that mean more CA is taken up by jumping reach of smaller players?

It's not 'worth' more. You'll never see a 5'6" player with 20 JR because it isn't possible for him to be THAT good in jumping ability to 'reach' the same height as a 6'11' player.

It's actually called "jumping reach" and if you hover over the stat it explains this is the highest point the player can reach in the air. So a 5ft 10 player with 14 jumping and a 6ft 4 player with 14 jumping will both reach the same point with their head.