Cant verify rules

lionel messi

Unfortunately, I'm not able to help you on this particular problem in the editor. There's a similar thread opened some years ago in the forum, but with no replies.

Have you tried to export the db in xml format and see if the game can recognize it?

The game should be read the file, even if it not tested. The only downside is the loading time will probably be longer since the file is not compressed in fmf format.

5 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I cant verify rules, i keep getting this error, does anyone know what it means or how to fix it?

Capture3.thumb.JPG.c221be69f7c03ed158b3ab799d049ab9.JPG

What are your changes? This almost looks like a reference inside the editor code towards some kind of dll.

On 28/03/2020 at 13:57, lionel messi said:

I cant verify rules, i keep getting this error, does anyone know what it means or how to fix it?

Capture3.thumb.JPG.c221be69f7c03ed158b3ab799d049ab9.JPG

It's an error you can find if you export the db to .xml and check that line. Basically, the Editor cannot read that file correctly.

Just now, lionel messi said:

But what has caused it? and can it be fixed?

Corruption, or maybe (perhaps, I dunno) careless edition at .xml level. I don't know if you can fix it, you would have to edit the .xml. Hell, no one here knows what the db looks like because you haven't posted it. That said, and at the risk of being incredibly unhelpful, the Editor is a very picky piece of software, and there's a reason why there's a sticky that says people really should make backups.

The Editor is picky, agreed, but that message tells me more about the tools SI uses than I would ever expected to see.

Jenkins is a tool that (among others) can be used to run tests. We use it at the company I work to do nightly testruns for instance.

Unless, someone with the last name Jenkins works at SI ;)

@lionel messi without the file or knowing the changes, it is heard to say whether the issue can be fixed. Either you have removed a playoff rule that is 'hardcoded' or you have added/changed one that doesn't actually work, because it doesn't have a softwaretechnical endpoint in the editor, This is btw, educated guessing based on knowing and working with code (not SI code, I don't work for SI, I am just a moderator).

Can you check the promotion/relegation between Vanarame National League North/South and Regional Premier Division? After some fiddling, I got to an error saying the teams going up and down were mismatched.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Can you check the promotion/relegation between Vanarame National League North/South and Regional Premier Division? After some fiddling, I got to an error saying the teams going up and down were mismatched.

In the 1st season i have got the bottom team from vanarama north & south getting relegated with 1 more team getting relegated based on average points. 3 relegated in total.

In the 1st seaon in the regional premier divisions i have got the champion & the playoff winner getting promoted. 8 promoted in total.

I have 2 sets of rules for the competions, one for 2019 & one for 2020 onwards.

P.S. How did you get rid of the error?

Edited by lionel messi

It is telling me that 6 are being relegated and 8 promoted. That fits with what you were saying.

What I did to test was convert back to Basic and then convert back to Advanced again. I can't say for sure if other things were messed up with that move.

34 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

It is telling me that 6 are being relegated and 8 promoted. That fits with what you were saying.

What I did to test was convert back to Basic and then convert back to Advanced again. I can't say for sure if other things were messed up with that move.

No i only have 3 relegated in total from the vanarama north/south. its to fit in with the rules for the following season.

A extra 2 teams in vanarama north/south for the following season.

3 relegated from vanarama north/south in total. 8 promoted in total from the regional premier divisions.

A extra 5 teams promoted to make 48 teams for vanarama north/south for season 2020/21.

Edited by lionel messi