[Suggestion] Kit selection in pre-match

right_winger

I believe it's time to introduce this due to:

- AI wrongly picking an away kit when there is no clash with both teams in home kit (eg light blue / white Lazio kit forces blue-black / black Inter or Atalanta kit to be changed into white which is actually closer to a clash)
- AI picking third kit instead of second when not necessary or vice versa (eg I had my team playing in green vs home blue which clashed more than it would be if I was playing white)
- AI not changing "shorts only" for home team while it's a common practice in club or international football nowadays (eg. England v France would be all white vs all blue rather than white/navy vs blue/white, Poland also often swaps red shorts for white, Tottenham navy for white, Italy and Everton go all blue etc)
- last but not least some kit combinations honestly hurt my eyes when I watch highlights, same goes for a specific shade of green that I struggle to see properly on a standard pitch green and I would avoid that if I could (not sure if I should go see a doctor or I'm just getting old)

Preferably we should be given this option with each kit item to be chosen individually, to allow the above mentioned "shorts only" swaps. IRL some leagues don't allow the same colour of shorts while others do.

Then the game would give goalies and referees kits different enough from both teams so they don't clash too, unless that was to be chosen by the user as well.

And it would be good if SI could standardise the database so each team in higher divisions has three kits and those in lower leagues minimum two kits (currently some teams have four, some one, some only have third shirt but nothing else etc). That would make it easier to tweak things in editors.

Oh and if you do make this feature in the next version then please make it available also in FM Touch. I suggest an option to tick/untick in preferences for those not interested.

Edited by right_winger

• 1 month later...