Newgen strikers with low finishing

Hi,

Does anybody else feel like newgen strikers, even when reaching full potential, have low finishing stats?

I'm 5 seasons in and only a couple of them have finishing over 15, most of them have 10-12. 

Going to post in the bugs forum but want to hear if anybody else is seeing this.

Started on 20.4.0

Yeah, i have the same feeling. And when most of the stats are growing, finishing/center are the only one decreasing (even for strikers lol) Anyway, you will score goals, even with low finishing. 

Edited by SpS_Zen

5 minutes ago, AurioDK said:

I am in 2043 and in my game that has not been an issue.  Plenty around with 15+ finishing.

I'm not that far in, but most of the regens I've come across that are pure strikers have had 14-16 finishing after a few seasons of training, and those with lower finishing have predominantly also been accomplished at AM positions and had higher passing stats than pure strikers as well, so I trained them in AM positions instead.

20 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'm not that far in, but most of the regens I've come across that are pure strikers have had 14-16 finishing after a few seasons of training, and those with lower finishing have predominantly also been accomplished at AM positions and had higher passing stats than pure strikers as well, so I trained them in AM positions instead.

Yup, plenty of regens like this guy :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2041295103

It´s just a matter of retraining them which I have done, the clubs I loan them out to use him as a striker though which is fine, I just want him to get playtime and develop. But yes, like you mention, it´s about seeing an opportunity instead of an obstacle.

25 minutes ago, AurioDK said:

Yup, plenty of regens like this guy :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2041295103

It´s just a matter of retraining them which I have done, the clubs I loan them out to use him as a striker though which is fine, I just want him to get playtime and develop. But yes, like you mention, it´s about seeing an opportunity instead of an obstacle.

Ok but shouldn't this guy naturally be a OMC and not a striker then?

just to illustrate, out of 120 newgen strikers with a PA over 150 , only 7(!) have a finishing stat of 14 or above, even those really close to their full potential...

I'm only up to about 2024 but almost all of the top striker regens I've found have really, really poor finishing but pretty obscene dribbling. There are about eight of them, all top prospects according to the scouts with 5* potential and none of them can finish, but are all superb otherwise. They all tend to be from South America as well, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico in particular. I've signed one, Pablo Otavio and he plays okay, not broken into my starting 11 yet. I think primarily because I don't trust him because of his finishing stat of 11. He's valued at £58m with 5* current ability so I probably should play him more given Pellegri and Fabio Silva miss enough one on ones with their high finishing stats.

I've also found the best centre backs that are coming through have odd stats. Very good key defensive stats, but awful general stats. 13s and 14s for heading, jumping, tackling marking etc but then plenty in the low single digits for things like passing, crossing and dribbling. Again, I probably shouldn't let it bother me, but I just have an ocd for players who aren't almost entirely in double figures attributes wise. I've seen some odd positions as well, centre backs who can masquerade as strikers with awful attacking attributes.

Finishing is one of the most overrated stats in the game anyway IMO. The amount of chances a player receives - which will be influenced by attributes such as Acceleration, Dribbling, Pace, Decisions and Off The Ball - is much more important than variance within a small-ish range of the percentage of chances converted. When you then consider that the latter isn't just down to Finishing anyway but also things like Technique and Composure, I really try not to stress the attribute too much.