Set piece instructions + dealing with substitutions

Hi

Sorry if this has been covered already however I'm just getting back into FM after a few years on hiatus. One thing that is frustrating me is having to re-do all of my set piece instructions whenever I substitute a player and I want to utilise him in a different way. Example: if I'm starting the game with a small, pacey striker then I want to leave him up front when defending set pieces; however if I sub on my 6ft target man then I want him coming back. This is a fairly common scenario for me, so do I need to go through each and every corner + free-kick type and change the instructions every time I do this? Or is there a simpler method that I'm missing? I thought about creating multiple set piece routines and switching between them however the different combinations of players on pitch is endless.

Thanks

2 hours ago, jammy8892 said:

do I need to go through each and every corner + free-kick type and change the instructions every time I do this?

I fear yes. 

2 hours ago, jammy8892 said:

Or is there a simpler method that I'm missing? I thought about creating multiple set piece routines and switching between them however the different combinations of players on pitch is endless

That might be a viable alternative of sorts.