Club vision bit extreme for some AI clubs? - Juventus example

I'm in 2029 in my game and I've noticed that the transfer policies of Juventus are a bit mad. I presume the club has a policy for buying world class veterans, but it seems a little over the top in its implementation, to the point of absurdity.

This is the ages of the players (at time of buying) they have signed in last 3 seasons, for fees over £5m: 32, 32, 33, 32, 33, 32, 34, 34, 18, 18, 19, 29, 28, 32, 27, 16

There were also big end of contract signings for players aged 34, 33, 36, 34, 33.

It's basically a retirement home for world stars. I'm not saying its completely wrong, but it seems a extreme.

Edit: just to add, all of the teenage signings were for fees just around £5m, more squad fillers than next generation superstars.

Edited by battles_atlas

On 04/04/2020 at 13:35, battles_atlas said:

I'm in 2029 in my game and I've noticed that the transfer policies of Juventus are a bit mad. I presume the club has a policy for buying world class veterans, but it seems a little over the top in its implementation, to the point of absurdity.

This is the ages of the players (at time of buying) they have signed in last 3 seasons, for fees over £5m: 32, 32, 33, 32, 33, 32, 34, 34, 18, 18, 19, 29, 28, 32, 27, 16

There were also big end of contract signings for players aged 34, 33, 36, 34, 33.

It's basically a retirement home for world stars. I'm not saying its completely wrong, but it seems a extreme.

Edit: just to add, all of the teenage signings were for fees just around £5m, more squad fillers than next generation superstars.

In my savegame it's the same, looks absolutely stupid, they bought 34yo Firmino, Salah and Koulibaly...

Same thing happens in all my saves when I have Italian leagues loaded. Even managed to sign donnaruma on a free when he is out of contract and just casually offloads an ageing oblak to juventus on massive wages.