Hands-On Barcelona Board

Hello everybody

I don't know if this is the right place to open this topic (in case, just tell me what to do...thanks!) but anyway, I need your advice.

Long story short, I have been managing barcelona, I have just won Triplete on my first year, everything was working pretty well until a message from the board appeared one day, stating they were bidding for a couple of players ( after looking up in the transfer section, I saw that bids had been submitted without me knowing anything, out of the blue).

My question is: giving that I'm keen on single-handling the transfer market by myself (hope my intention is clear), is there any way to stop the board from interfering with MY team? Is there any way I can prevent them from submitting offers for players without my consent? Anybody knows?

Thanks for your kind attention and I apologise if my English is not  100% correct- not a native speaker, but a great fan of FM nonetheless 

1 hour ago, GianniM said:

You can assign staff responsibilities in the staff menu. Signing players is probably set to your director of football. You can change this to be handled by yourself. 

Well, i'll take a look at that, thank you. One thing that surprised me is that those signings kind of happened just hours after the new chairman had been elected. Don't know if that's only a coincidence.

This happened to me when the new president was elected. He signed Phil Foden and Milan Skrniar, I didn't try to cancel the deals was quite pleased with them. You may be able to cancel them in the transfers screen before he confirms them. 

It is nothing to do with the DOF btw.

11 hours ago, nexting said:

This happened to me when the new president was elected. He signed Phil Foden and Milan Skrniar, I didn't try to cancel the deals was quite pleased with them. You may be able to cancel them in the transfers screen before he confirms them. 

It is nothing to do with the DOF btw.

Actually, I tried to do that but was unable to withdraw the offers. I mean, quite irritating...also because of the impact those 2 bids had on the club's finance, chunk of money that could have been spent elsewhere.

As far as I know, you can't do anything about it. Once a new president is selected he goes out and buys the players he said he would. Managing Real Madrid and the new President went and paid £196mil for B.Silva and offered £149mil for Sterling but he turned the contract down.