Issue with transfer bids

Hi folks, firstly great game!

So I would like to bring an in game issue to your attention if I may please as it’s significant enough to ruin the FM experience.

When I am trying to buy players I am always asked to pay an amount which exceeds the players market value, which is fine, but then when clubs are bidding for my players they never ever bid the market value of the player or higher and only bid lower, drastically lower.

This is not accurate to real life and from a players perspective needs addressing please.

Again absolutely fabulous game guys, but this issue doesn’t allow me to enjoy it :(

Kind regards

Edited by JohnyBruce

This is normal market forces.

When you are buying and the player is not transfer listed, the selling team will only consider a bid that is large enough to make them think, so you have to bid over the in-game value.  If you bid below that value the  bid will be rejected.

When the AI manager wants one of your players, if you have transfer listed them, then you dont want them and so they will bid below the in-game value.  If you dont want to sell and the player is not listed, then they will bid low to try and unsettle the player and maybe he will try and force a deal with you.

Low bids are part and parcel of the game's strategy and dont need to be accepted, especially if you dont want to sell and the player has a lot of time on his contract.  If you dont want low bids, set the players asking price on his transfer page to a minimum level where you might think about a bid and this will put off some of the low bids.

Fantastic, thank you FrazT.

I think I was a little to quick to pose this issue - question, as I’ve had higher bids from AI teams now and all is as you said.

Apologies for not testing the game out long enough and doing my homework.

Thank you for replying to my message FrazT, now I can enjoy this great game 🙂

Edited by JohnyBruce

This. "normal market forces" is partially true but the AI clearly has a MASSIVE advantage. You always overpay to get the player you want, listed or not. The low bid dynamic you talk about is also nonsense because it works for the AI to unsettle your players, if you do it and get opp. player unsettled, you just end up getting bidded up by other suddenly interested clubs. 

Another thing how is it that I am 1st in the league with man utd and through in the champions league and rashford who is top goal scorer and in pole position, is unsettled by an arsenal who are 7th and in the europa "normal market forces"? Hahaha please! 

FrazT, John.s the game is running perfectly accept for one major floor, the AI board regarding sacking either has a bug or has no relevance to the game and the results you get (your performance)

I came 2nd in my first season with Tottenham which was great, then at the beginning of my second season won 3, drew 3, lost 2 and then was immediately sacked which just wouldn’t happen in real life.

Please find screenshots attached.

826D4566-0449-4222-9BD3-DFB5DC16BA61.png

EEDE4D07-080B-4D2C-8205-44D61E12072B.png

DE7AFB58-66C4-4D1C-AF2D-1EC31F33EB13.png

AD09DA46-ED76-4CC0-8B4E-78D4887DC6F4.png

Edited by JohnyBruce

So I decided to carry out a test.

After my Tottenham sacking I took the Everton job that was vacant.

I purposely played a formation that would yield heavy losses as shown.

46F043B8-BFE7-444E-98F7-8D42226F8EC6.png

Wow that is absolutely crazy! What i have noticed is that there are a lot of features and mechanics in this game that are pointless or broken simply because they lack context, it's like they just wanted to get as many "features" on mobile but did not build the rules properly hence what you experienced with the boards of Tottenham and Everton 

3 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

Is this a bug do you think guys, do you think the developers will fix this in an update.

I have posted it on new thread on this forum.

This is not connected to the original post, so it is best to stick to your other thread about the sacking.