San Marino Calcio Resurrected

Lewis89

Potential Save Ending Bug

So we have come across a bug that could very well end the save, Serie A has failed to reschedule a new season. We ended last season (2035/36) as champions but over the summer the league hasnt reset and has just stalled from where we finished. Even stranger is The Champions League and TIM Cup have scheduled as normal. I am going to holiday a season in the hope its a one season bug but if that doesnt work, I am not sure what to do. I could go to a team in the domestic league but that will be 10 steps back from where we are.

EDIT: Having checked out the bugs forum for similar issues it appears that a game in the Serie C Play Offs has failed to generate a fixture, I am hoping that if i remove this league this coming summer, we can resume the save. Fingers crossed.

And We Are Back

So after the issue mentioned in my last post, the save has been saved. I removed Serie C as a playable league and this has allowed the season to reset. So an update on whats been missed:

San Marino Calcio 2035/36

Another hugely successful year for us saw us claim our 4th league title in a row. We also won our 2nd Champions League in a row, we won the UEFA Super Cup, we won the SuperCoppa TIM but lost to Fiorentina in the SF of the TIM Cup. The reserves finished 11th in Serie B.

Our youth in take was pretty much what we have had for the whole save, 5 players at 2.5/3* potential so nobody special. 

San Marino Calcio 2036/37

I have holidayed this entire season due to the bug. 

A bug has meant there is no league football this season but the Champions League, TIM Cup, SuperCoppa TIM and UEFA Super Cup were unaffected. With no league football our only chance of qualifying for the Champions League was to win it for a third time in a row, we amazingly managed it, beating Fiorentina in the final. I am not sure how the Champions League is going to work out next season as with no league football this season, I dont now how the game will handle who qualifies for what, we should be fine as holders. In the TIM Cup we beat Fiorentina in the final, we beat Man Utd in the UEFA Super Cup and beat Frosinone in the SuperCoppa TIM to have as successful season as could be. We also compete in our first FIFA World Club Cup this summer but I i will put the results for that in the next update.

Our youth intake was poor and we basically lost them all as I was on holiday, luckily none were signed to anyone else and I have signed a couple more for depth. 

On another note whilst on holiday we were taken over by a new consortium, who immediately went and spent £248m on two players they had pledged to sign on completion of the takeover. Dont get me wrong, both are very good players but I had just started the policy of not signing anyone so this has annoyed me. We have also lost a year development wise but we have remained on track at least.

San Marino National Team 2036

Having been on holiday for the competitive matches I will keep this brief and pick back up from 2037 in a bit more depth. This year was a Nations League year with us competing in Div C against Cyprus (118), Romania (53) and Lithuania (135). We finished in 2nd place, picking up 2 wins, 3 draws and just 1 loss against Romania. The sides ranked around the top 50 are just proving to strong for us at the moment but we are on the verge on this changing. This was proven in our friendlies where we had a poor showing in a 3-1 loss to Iran, but then picked up a 1-1 draw with Jamaica before beating Honduras and Nigeria which is one of our best results of the save so far. We finished the year ranked in 106th so are still to break into the top 100.

San Marino 2037

Group Table    Results   Nation     Squad

This year saw us competing in qualifiers for the 2038 World Cup. We was given a tough draw with England(2), Turkey(17), Albania(71) and Slovakia(76) all ranked higher than ourselves at 106th. We started with a great win over Slovakia. Our next fixtures were a double header against Albania and we went into the games hoping to pick up a win at least but drew both games. We have played them 5 times over the save, with all 5 games ending in stalemates. Next up was England and I expected a loss but we managed to pull off by far our biggest result ever, a backs to the wall 1-0 win meant we were unbeaten and sitting just a point behind Turkey at the half way stage. With 3 of our remaining 4 games against the best 2 sides in the group it was in our hands but we lost all 3 key games and even a win against Slovakia wasnt enough for us to finish in the top 2. Still we are progressing well and our performances have finally seen us break into the Top 100 in the FIFA Rankings and I fancy us to have a good chance of qualifying for a major finals in the next few years. 

San Marino Calcio 2037/38

Senior Team

Competitions

Overview    Serie A

Another solid season where we swept up domestically, this being our 5th league title in a row. The Champions League didnt go so well though, champions for the last 3 seasons, we got spanked by Liverpool in the QF, going out 4-0 over the 2 legs. We also played in the 2037 FIFA Club World Cup losing to Totenham in the QF, and it looks as though the English sides will be challenging our continental dominance for the next few seasons.

Playing Squad

Squad 1    Squad 2     Transfers

We are implementing a youth only policy, the transfers were for players not signed from the 2037 Intake by my HOYD whilst on holiday during that buggy season. I promoted 11 youngsters to the first team squad in the summer for mentoring reasons etc, and a few have came on well due to this. Mentoring seems to be alot more effective than FM19 and this is working well with players with bad personalities, I may start trying to track these changes somehow. We have finally fielded a fully HG side, already through in the Champions League group stage, our final fixture was against PSV and the boys done us proud with a thumping 4-1 victory. Some of our senior players are coming to their later years now, and this will allow more opportunities for the youngsters to gain valuable playing time in the senior team. I am hoping that going out early in the Champions League will lower the boards expectations for next season, meaning there is less pressure on the result.

We also had our first youth product win the Serie A Player Of The Year AwardAndrea Protti 29a is a special little player, just a shame he chose Italy over San Marino. He will regret it one day.

Reserves

Squad    Serie B

Another decent season from the reserves saw them finish in 11th place. We had 2 stand out players Aragon 35b came 2nd in the race for top scorer, netting 16 goals. Whilst Chris Barry 35j finished with a league high average rating of 7.43 and bagged most most of the matches with 8. Its a shame neither can play for the national side. 

Youth Production

Intake

Nothing amazing as per usual. We do have a CM who looks massively underrated and that is a position we are lacking players in for the national side so that is a big plus.

Finances and Facilities

Finances    Facilities

11 years until we can build a new stadium, we should have more than enough to pay for a mega arena with no need of a loan by then.

Other Stuff

The San Marino domestic league is now ranked 117th in Europe which is above the Welsh Premier Division, that is really good progress. I know the Welsh league is nothing special but its a good sign. Every team is now Professional, and 4 teams have built and moved into New Stadiums and a further 3 teams looking for sites to build on. My biggest worry is none of the sides seem too bothered about developing youth players. Looking over each clubs facilities history, there has only been about 10 upgrades. Pennarossa Calcio are responsible for nearly half of the mentioned upgrades and have the current best facilities. However, San Giovanni, our affiliate club are the dominant force having won of the last Titles. They have actually qualified for the group stages of the UEFA Europa Conference League in the 2036/37 season but failed to get out the group. This season they failed to even qualify for the group stages. 

Edited by Lewis89

11 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

Potential Save Ending Bug

Will this always happen for that particular season in the normal DB? 35/36?

Or is this because of a customised DB?

1 hour ago, quee said:

Will this always happen for that particular season in the normal DB? 35/36?

Or is this because of a customised DB?

Not sure tbh. It seems im the only one who has had this issue on the challenge thread. And it looks like something to do with the Serie C play offs. Draws are decided by seedings of the clubs involved 

• 3 weeks later...

San Marino 2038

Nations League Table    Results

Easily our most disappointing year for some time, we just couldn't get going in the Nations League. We have a half decent team now and have a few youngsters in the clubs youth sides who will improve us further in the next few years. We ended the year ranked 97th.

San Marino Calcio 2038/39

Competitions

Serie A - We won our 6th title in a row, but it was a close run battle with Fiorentina and we only sealed the title on the last day. With not signing anyone for the last 2 seasons, I expect us to fall away a little bit soon enough. But having won everything needed with the club side, the focus has fully shifted to developing the national team players. 

TIM Cup - We lost in the QF to Inter

Champions League - We lost in the QF to Manchester United.

Reserves

A solid season saw them finish the season in 9th which is the highest in 5 seasons.

Youth Production

Intake

Another season with no stand out player and we really need some stars to come through or we will flat line soon enough. That being said I have changed my HOYD this summer as we are producing decent players but not enough good players. I know these stars are not set in stone and I also know that even  a 2.5 star player can be very effective in the right role. I mentioned a CM in my last club post who I said looked massively underrated and as it stands, I was correct.  Marani 38b was rated as 3* PA and still is but I rate him higher and think he could be a very good player in the future.

Finances

We have £362m in the bank and are 10 years away from being able to build a new stadium.

Other Stuff

We have had our first club icon retire, he is not HG or Sammarinese, but what a player he has been for us. Sosa joined us 13 years ago and has played a key part in the clubs development. He didnt want to stay in football so we havent been able to offer him a staff role sadly. Also I have reached 1000 games in management.

• 3 weeks later...

San Marino 2039

Nation    League Table    Results    Squad

Is this the year the landscape finally changes for little old San Marino. I have been saying for a while we were on the verge of something great and 2039 has been that year. We have finally managed to qualify for our first ever European Championships and we have done it the hard way. The group was by no means easy with France, Sweden and Greece all nations ranked higher than our 97th when the qualifiers started. It was a campaign of 2 halves with us winning our first 4 games including a excellent 3-2 win over Sweden which really had me dreaming, and even though we lost 3 of our remaining 4 games we managed to seal 2nd place and with it, a first ever major finals. 

We are not going to rip up any trees, drawn in a group with Sweden, Austria and Portugal, i'm expecting to finish bottom but if we can recreate our Sweden heroics then who knows. We have also managed to qualify for the 2040 U19s EUROS this same summer so will have a very busy off season.

• 3 weeks later...

February 2041

So been super slacking in terms of time spent playing FM. However I think the bug is back. We are in FEB 2041 so a quick update where we are.

San Marino Calcio 2039/40

Serie A - Winners

Champions League - Lost to R Madrid in 1st KO Round.

TIM Cup - Winners

SuperCoppa - Winners

Another season of domination domestically, but our no signings policy for the past 4 seasons is taking its toll on our performances in Europe. We won it 3 times in a row between 2035-2037 but have failed the past 3 seasons. Last season Sassuolo won the Champions League and finished as runners up in the league. Shevchenko has been in charge for 7 years and they have improved year on year and look like they could be our rivals for a while. 

Youth Production

Due to the no signings policy this area is really coming on strong and we have a number of Sammarinese youngest is almost every position who have the potential to do a job in Serie A at the least. We still dont have a "Superstar" youth prospect, but its the depth of our 3* potential players that is impressive at the moment, and I fancy a few to progress beyond that level. I will do a squad depth run down in the summer.

San Marino 2040

EURO 2040 Group Stages   Nations League     Results    Nation

We done really well to get out of a difficult group, only to get pumped 8-0 by Germany. The less said the better. The Nations League was much better and we stormed to promotion from C to B for the first time in this save. We are at a save high of 80th in the rankings and I really think we can push for the top 50 over the next few years. We have been handed a World Cup 2042 qualification group of death featuring Holland, Ireland, Sweden, Lithuania and Gibraltar. I fancy us to beat Lithuania and Gibraltar but the other 3 sides are gonna be very tough games.

The U19S qualified for EURO 2040 also and performed brilliantly to seal a place at the 2041 U20's World Cup. This is the second time we have qualified and although its highly unlikely we will get to the latter stages, its a fun adventure along the way.

Edited by Lewis89