Age matters a lot

Have you guys noticed how age affects the team in matches, even if u have lets say 11 youngsters who are better in every aspect towards the opponent team (but the opponent has matured, experienced players), they still would play a lot of losses and draws, some wins ofcourse too, I have a strong feeling people sometimes forget that 11 wonderkids still wouldnt rule the world and the experienced teams would eat them for breakfast :)

Even me myself, I have never thought about this in this way, but last few weeks I was trying these things out and exactly this happened, age plays a huge role in football manager and dont ever forget that, it will save you some nerves and physical pain :)

The game is as much about hidden attributes:

• Consistency. ...
  • Ambition. ...
  • Controversy. ...
  • Dirtiness. ...
  • Important Matches. ...
  • Injury Proneness. ...
  • Loyalty. ...
  • Pressure.

As it is about the ones you can see.

As with real life, most top managers would like to have a good mix of both young wonderkids and older experienced players in your squad- I dont think that FM is much different in that respect.  I will always have 2 or 3 older players on the pitch in most games.

I think it's a little bit harder than in the past edition, but too easy yet get good result with very young

it's possibile get good results in Champions league with a U21 or less team.  (maybe not winning it, but I only try with a Hungarian team, so even in future years I cannot have the best young )

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

You can't win anything with kids.

Developing players tend to be less consistent and will take a while to reach the same ratings as their older counterparts, and I think that does a good enough job of mimicking real life overall.

11 hours ago, dnomz said:

I believe the Champions League final of 1995 between Ajax and AC Milan proved that youngsters can beat a more seasoned team.

I dont mean they "cant", i'm just trying to point out that u have to be aware of the age of your players when playing important matches, even tho they are maybe stars of the future, you still should be aware of theirs ages, they are still maturing and they maybe would play worse than their counterparts who has already matured.

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

As with real life, most top managers would like to have a good mix of both young wonderkids and older experienced players in your squad- I dont think that FM is much different in that respect.  I will always have 2 or 3 older players on the pitch in most games.

this is the reason why i like fm editions so much, it very closely try to copy the real world, how the players are evolving, maturing, taking on new talents, abilities, and how older players have some kind of a higher status in a club in which they play for few years, how they can also help youngsters to be better, help them in matches and so on :)

2 hours ago, Norfair said:

You can't win anything with kids.

Developing players tend to be less consistent and will take a while to reach the same ratings as their older counterparts, and I think that does a good enough job of mimicking real life overall.

I agree and it is as it should have been.