Best way to combine multiple downloaded DBs, own edits eg. new comps, and graphic kits?

Mikeonhisboat

So I'm hoping to do the following:

(1) -download Messi's English League down to tier 10 database

(2) -download the expanded lower league databases for Scotland & Wales i've seen on here

(3) -download some of the other round the world expanded databases e.g. Scandanavia/Germany, Africa etc

(4) -And then make some changes to individual clubs within that

5) -AND make some new competitions, some of which will span different nations (e.g. an 'inter-celtic cup' where teams say in tier 6 in england will play a cup comp with similar level teams in Wales, Scotlad, Ireland etc 

(6) -AND download some of the facepacks/logos/stadium graphics files (which obviously work via using the ID numbers

So...what is the right order to do this in?

Option A:

Do (6) first  so the ID numbers for downloaded kits etc all match? Then do 1-5? If I do 1-5 but keep them as separate databases, ie/don't merge, obviously any edits to clubs etc I make will need to each be done in the separate database. But won't this potentially cause issues with duplicated ID numbers? (eg Messi for example (fictional example) creates Stroud Athletic with ID no 5000070. And the creater of the Scottish DB creates Stornaway Rovers also with ID 5000070?

Also, with option A, if I wanted to create my inter-celtic trophy with both Stroud Athletic and Stornaway in it (or rather, their respective leagues in it, as this is how I would set it up - grouping leagues together to play in 'Inter-Celtic Trophy Tier 9' with completely separate comp in editor for Tier 8 etc)  how would that work? 

OR

Option B:

Same as option A but do (6) last?

OR

Option C:

use the merge database function to acheive 1-3, then do my new stuff (4 & 5) in the newly merged database, removing some of my worries laid  out in option A. But wouldn't this create issues with (6)? Also have read some posts on here saying merhing can cause unspecified later games issues. I'm intending this as a VERY longterm save - ie/as in 4 or so real life years. I won't buy new version of FM  till 2025 and will play this longterm ave during that whole time. Saying that i'm a very slow player so couldn't I just test stability via looooong holiday tests to say in-game date 2070?

Help!

My advice would 1-2-3 in that order. Test if everything is working properly. Usually you can see that in the loading screen if you have the dreaded red triangles instead of nation flags.

Then do 4 making the changes in the separate files.

Merging is very very tricky.

5 can be done in file 2 I think

6 should always work separate.

So that's option D ;)

48 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

My advice would 1-2-3 in that order. Test if everything is working properly. Usually you can see that in the loading screen if you have the dreaded red triangles instead of nation flags.

Then do 4 making the changes in the separate files.

Merging is very very tricky.

5 can be done in file 2 I think

6 should always work separate.

So that's option D ;)

Thankyou :) 

So to do 5 - create it in one of the files at (2)? Not Messi's? How come? 

What about other downloads similar to (6)? Adboard changes, long club names fixes etc?

1 minute ago, Mikeonhisboat said:

Thankyou :) 

So to do 5 - create it in one of the files at (2)? Not Messi's? How come? 

What about other downloads similar to (6)? Adboard changes, long club names fixes etc?

Ah wait, I read Celtic cup, but didn't notice you had the English teams there as well. In that case it depends how your cup works exactly, like do you pick teams from a specific competition or do you pick the teams one by one.

The other downloads like adboards and long club names can work independently from the other work, as long as you check with the previous authors whether they have those in mind. Club name fixes is a file most editors think about when working with them.

19 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Ah wait, I read Celtic cup, but didn't notice you had the English teams there as well. In that case it depends how your cup works exactly, like do you pick teams from a specific competition or do you pick the teams one by one.

The other downloads like adboards and long club names can work independently from the other work, as long as you check with the previous authors whether they have those in mind. Club name fixes is a file most editors think about when working with them.

Inter-celtic trophy would look something like:

Inter celtic trophy tier 6:

All teams from English Vanarama North & South, all teams from Scottish highland league, all teams from Welsh division one north and south (for example)

I'd set up a completely different competition in the editor for each tier. So Inter-Celtic Trophy Tier 5 in the editor would be a completely diff competition than tier 6. (Say Tier 5: all teams Vanarama National, all teams scottish league 2, all teams Northern Irish 2nd division.)

Would that work? I'm guessing, in theory, so long as the leagues exist in the base game, and use the same IDs as the downloaded versions, then it'd be ok? (eg the base game actually has in it most of the english leagues down to and including level 9. They're just not playable. But anything level 10 and lower needs creating from scratch.And anything created from scratch wouldn't get picked up?

Not keen to add specific teams because as I get promoed i'd want to move up the different tiers.

A slightly different question now:

-can I have two files loaded, each of which makes changes to the same leagues? e.g. have Messi's England to tier 11 plus a separate db file with my own edits for various teams (kit colours etc)? I know I could make all the team colour changes within the lvl11 file but because that file is advanced rules every time I want to load up the game to test a tweak I have to verify the rules which takes awhile. So faster if I can have a separate file with just the easy team changes. Is that possible? Or likely to cause conflicts down the line?