[FM20] Tactic For Sheffield United - HELP REQUIRED

Hi guys would really appreciate if someone could actually help me out. I have tried rocking all sort of formation and tactics but nothing will work on this inconsistent game. I've tried a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 but nothing works ill leave a picture of my current set up that just does not work at all. 

Thanks 

Please help me out as i want to enjoy the game like the past few instalments of the game.

Football Manager 2020 11_04_2020 18_23_18.png

On 12/04/2020 at 14:18, nathwiggy said:

Football Manager 2020 11_04_2020 18_23_18.png

The tactic itself doesn't look too bad. Maybe you could try with a WB on support on the left, so as to encourage a bit more interplay in attack between the winger, AP and LB. Maybe a couple of instructions need tweaking. 

Anyway, you need to make sure that the tactic and style of play really suit your team. You can have a basically good tactic that does not work well simply because it's too demanding relative to your players' abilities. I do not claim that's the case here - for one, I don't know your players. Just pointing out that you need to take a number of different aspects into account. 

Btw, what are your criteria when judging whether a tactic is successful or not? 

Midfield is a is quite static, AP-S is very languid going forwards and a carrilero isn't the most aggressive role either. I'd imagine you move opposition defences around well but have trouble scoring because it's only really the DLF that's causing the opposition defence problems.

1 hour ago, nathwiggy said:

new tactic.png

1 hour ago, nathwiggy said:

gone with this which works better and wins more games still cant topple the top teams so im starting to wonder if i can do anything with training or something?

No surprise that you are struggling against top teams with such an aggressive tactic + very vulnerable flanks (especially the right one). Actually, I am surprised that you struggle only against top teams.

Your first (previous) tactic was far more balanced and sensible than this one.