Never Used Stadia Before

I currently have FM on Steam...but I am thinking of switching over to Stadia.    I have a couple of questions however.

1.  Is Stadia really that much better in that you can run all of the leagues within FM without any issue regardless of your CPU specs?

2.  Will I have to re-purchase FM in order to switch platforms?  

3.  Overall is it worth it?

On 13/04/2020 at 22:50, psucolonel said:

I currently have FM on Steam...but I am thinking of switching over to Stadia.    I have a couple of questions however.

1.  Is Stadia really that much better in that you can run all of the leagues within FM without any issue regardless of your CPU specs?

2.  Will I have to re-purchase FM in order to switch platforms?  

3.  Overall is it worth it?

Check this out, 

Here are my main drawbacks with Stadia version of FM -

- unable to download and apply any mods or skins.

- also unable to download tactics, so if you find a killer tactic you’d have to recreate it manually and hope that someone also includes the individual player instructions.

- unable to use “real name fix” as there aren’t any files to edit so Juve will remain Zebre etc.

- there are no pre-game editors, only the same in-game editor you can purchase for the Steam version. 

- you’d also have to purchase another copy if you want to play it on Stadia.

- each of the updates came much later (sometimes weeks) after the Steam version.

Positives -

- it does run better (but not necessarily smoother) on Stadia. I have a good laptop with 1 gbps interned and while the steam version was snappier, Stadia FM won’t get bogged down many seasons down the line. 

- super extended laptop battery life. Since playing FM on Stadia isn’t much different than browsing the internet with Chrome, I can play FM for 5+ hours on a full battery.

- flexibility of playing in anywhere just by logging into your Stadia account.

I thought Stadia should connect personal directory for games with google drive. 

Etc : Google Drive > Folder Name Stadia > Game Name > Game Data. So it will be GDrive > Stadia > Sports Interactive>FM2020>Game Data

So this way Stadia will connect to Google Drive to read game data, so user can apply mod,packs,icon kit etc in this folder. And the this will drive Google Drive subscription too

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/04/2020 at 16:26, saintrainhard said:

I thought Stadia should connect personal directory for games with google drive. 

Etc : Google Drive > Folder Name Stadia > Game Name > Game Data. So it will be GDrive > Stadia > Sports Interactive>FM2020>Game Data

So this way Stadia will connect to Google Drive to read game data, so user can apply mod,packs,icon kit etc in this folder. And the this will drive Google Drive subscription too

Since your post, google has implemented the ability to download saves on Stadia, so having a folder directory structure is clearly possible. I hope that means that at some point we're able to modify the items you mention.

• 2 weeks later...