Staff Improvements Needed

astandet

Hi. I feel that staff in FM2020 is grossly inadequate. Say, for example, Real Madrid. I become the manager and what I see? Staff quality is below mediocre. Would they have won CL 3 times in row with such pitiful backroom staff? What I, as the new manager, feel obliged to do is to sack everyone on the spot (actually agree mutual termination, which they feel they have no option but to agree to, is that realistic?). Then within about a week I sign a brand new set of staff that provide the best training among Spanish clubs. In real life I would expect pretty good staff already present and the club not to be in a state of overall disarray. Now, technical director is beyond useless. Say, I hire one of the best and task him with signing some coaches. He will invariably do a terrible job. Two issues: 1) I'm unable to require him to ask my opinion before actual signing, when I've found out, the damage is done 2) I cannot specify the minimum requirements, for example what sort of coach I need, what minimum attributes he must have in what areas, that would be very helpful, but just sending him to find me 3.5 star coaches in not an option. Director of Football is also of no use. What he does is offer nominal value fee for a transfer target player and gets back to me saying he couldn't sign him. Why would I pay him money? Now, job market. Yes, you can place adverts but you cannot specify requirements which results in you getting a lot of trash. I expect to be able to specify the minimum parameter values.

• 1 month later...