Minimum Fee Release Clause

Hi all,

Need some help, not sure if this is a bug, I think it is, but just checking I am doing nothing wrong.

I am Arsenal, in season 2022/23. I am in the Champions League. My scouts have found my a player (regen) from Feyenoord. He has a Minimum Fee Release Clause of £67m to clubs in European competition. However, even when I bid this amount the club don't accept it.

The fee is all upfront. No add ons. No clauses. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

22 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Is it for a future date? - that is the only reason that I know of that can generate a refusal

No, will get some screenshots

17 minutes ago, cris182 said:

Are Feyenoord in the champions league? It may only be a clause valid if they are not 

No. Feyenoord are not in Europe at all.

Screenshot_1.png

So, that shows his minimum release fee. Can't upload anymore so will link to the next two:

bHGcxNK.png

That shows me offering the release fee. Then:

3tjjD8N.png

They negotiate to £120m and won't accept any less.

Edited by davehanson

6 minutes ago, cris182 said:

Are you still in europe in your current season? If the season hasn't ticked over to start of the season where you are then it wouldn't count for you 

Can't quite see your in game date

Yes, I am still in Europe (Semi-Final of Champions League). Date is 29/04/2023.

DWOpcI8.png

Edited by davehanson

Very strange because when you are on the negotiation screen his minimum release isn't listed on the left hand side like it should be, I cannot see any logical reason that this isn't active for you to bid it

Unless they have qualified for next seasons european competition and therefore the clause will be invalid by the next available date for the transfer 

• 1 year later...

Bump, I'm having exactly the same issue in FM 2022. Igor Diveev @ CSKA Moscow has a 18.75m release clause for clubs in continental competition. Funnily enough I am also Arsenal, and am still in CL in my current season. CSKA are in Euro Cup II only.

I make an 18.75m offer and it's rejected outright.

Was this ever resolved?

29 minutes ago, maxyb93 said:

Bump, I'm having exactly the same issue in FM 2022. Igor Diveev @ CSKA Moscow has a 18.75m release clause for clubs in continental competition. Funnily enough I am also Arsenal, and am still in CL in my current season. CSKA are in Euro Cup II only.

Was this ever resolved?

Is it possible CSKA need to be out of continental competition for the clause to count? I know there is a specific release clause for champions league teams so a basic continental one may depend on them being out of it

3 hours ago, maxyb93 said:

Was this ever resolved?

Those release clauses only apply if the team he's currently signed with has not been in a continental competition that season. Therefore, since CSKA are in the Europa Conference, the release clause isn't active.