Difficulty with continental rules

Amcalabrese

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I'm having some trouble setting up new continental rules and competitions for CONCACAF (North America).

This was a relatively simple concept so I assumed that it would work with the basic rules however there seem to be weird difficulties. I'll give a brief run down of the rules structure and then who what the issue is.

Essentially, there is the main competition: the CONCACAF Champions League. In the section to supply teams to the competition, I did "winner of other competition" for teams who would go into the CCL- from the US, the MLS Cup, Eastern Conference, US Open Cup, from Mexico the Clausura, Apertura, Copa MX opening and closing, the leagues of Costa Rica, Honduras, and Panama. Then I added essentially a qualifying structure to get the last 4 teams: these four were the Caribbean Club Championship, UNCAF Club Championship (Central America), Canadian Championship, and CONCACAF League. And as for the CONCACAF League, I took the winners of four even smaller qualification routes. So if you see the graphic I've attached it might make more sense.

After creating the basic rules on the editor, it seemed to be fine. I tested the rules and they worked. Then I put them into the game to test. The following tournaments worked smoothly: the Caribbean Club Championship, UNCAF Club Championship, Canadian Championship, and all of the qualifying playoffs. The Champions League does work, however the teams that qualify for it are totally messed up: its mostly Mexican teams, a few totally random teams mixed in. As for the CONCACAF League, it totally doesn't work. I attempted to add registered teams (did not work) as well as adding a previous champion to the playoff competitions in an attempt to fix the possible issue that it didn't have any teams to draw from, but that still didn't work. Bizarrely, when I switched it over to advanced rules but made no other changes, it was the CONCACAF League which started to work, but now it was the Champions League which didn't work. All of the qualification tournaments still worked though. I'd really appreciate it if someone can check out the editor file and try to fix the issue because I think I've tried pretty much everything. Thanks!

concacafstruc.png

CONCACAF Champions League.fmf