Limit foreigners in leagues

sit8

Hello everyone, I am writing to ask for help with the editor. My idea would be to create a db that puts a limit of 4 foreigners in all leagues, mainly in europe. This I think would equalize Europe and America and add a point of difficulty to the game. In short, a db that limits 4 foreigners registered and playing in all leagues or at least in Europe. Thanks and sorry for my english from google translator.

For each country you want that rule in, you will have to edit the nation rules in the advanced rules

In the Rules menu go to Add Nation Rules. Add Nation Rules for your country of choice and choose for extra Cup or Lower divisions.

From there convert to Advanced Rules (via the Rules menu again) and then you can start changing (or adding) the Foreign Player rules.

Btw, this is the quick explanation, since I don't know your experience with the editor. It might take a bit more work so take a look around first.

11 hours ago, sit8 said:

Hello everyone, I am writing to ask for help with the editor. My idea would be to create a db that puts a limit of 4 foreigners in all leagues, mainly in europe. This I think would equalize Europe and America and add a point of difficulty to the game. In short, a db that limits 4 foreigners registered and playing in all leagues or at least in Europe. Thanks and sorry for my english from google translator.

are you trying to take away the limit or increase the limit.. I can explain with screenshots of how to increase the limit

but in some nations he won't be able to verify the rules because there will be errors in the leagues, requiring further editing in the league structures. I didn't have this problem ast years, but in fm20 its all over the place

Edited by palmamiguel92

That's mainly because of the changing rules. Several nations have future changes in the mix. It is realistic, but a bit annoying.

And let's not forget the Bury party in England....

Well I have been modifying as Wolf_pd told me and I have only had problems in the Netherlands, England and Ireland (I suppose that the latter for Brexit). In the editor it does not give me a fault, but the changes do not come out in the game. In the countries where I had problems with the original country I modified a downloaded update, but in the Netherlands it did not work.

On 18/04/2020 at 02:21, Fmfan00 said:

are you trying to take away the limit or increase the limit.. I can explain with screenshots of how to increase the limit

My idea is to put a limit of 4 foreigners in Europe so that it is like before the Bosman law and that the countries have to take care of their youth academy.

Well and now that I have more or less 15 countries that work, can you put all the modifications in a single file?
And another question can I modify with the advanced rules so that a certain team has to play only with players from its youth academy? Or restrict to hiring only players of a nationality or region?

And above all, thanks for answering. 

Restricting one team is not possible (assuming you mean something similar to the Basque model.

Putting the changes into one is only when you export them as XML and then combine the XMLs which is quite a bit of work and prone to error.

What was the issue in the Netherlands? I have been prodding around there a bit.

In Netherlands the error is when I upload the file in the game, I get different registration options depending on the team it is but never the rule of 4 maximum foreigner. Regarding England, any ideas? because if you don't change the rule they will take all the players easily.

England is an issue with Bury being excluded at the start of the season. Adding Bury back to the competition is the easiest.

Ok, haven't seen that one yet for the Netherlands.

For now I have problems with England, Scotland, Sweden, Netherlands and Croatia. In the Netherlands, Sweden and Croatia there is no player registration period, could that be the problem? When I am in the game there is no registration but if I look at the competition rules it says that they are limited to 4 foreigners.

Checking in the editor, in the first Polish there is no problem but in the second division I have the registration problem, checking in the second division there is no registration date

Edited by sit8

The Netherlands don't have a registration period, that's correct.

I just changed the rules for Poland, but didn't have any trouble there. Was an hour of work with all the other edits as well.

On 20/04/2020 at 11:36, sit8 said:

For now I have problems with England, Scotland, Sweden, Netherlands and Croatia. In the Netherlands, Sweden and Croatia there is no player registration period, could that be the problem? When I am in the game there is no registration but if I look at the competition rules it says that they are limited to 4 foreigners.

Checking in the editor, in the first Polish there is no problem but in the second division I have the registration problem, checking in the second division there is no registration date

Haven't seen issues with England, Scotland, Sweden either. Could be because of the registration period, but then the question is how your rules are exactly.

Portugal and Scotland have issues with testing the rules without any changes made. 

I have a similar setup to what @sit8 is asking for but I made different rules per country. I have successfully managed to add this change gradually after the first couple of seasons (starting from a limit to 10, then to 8, then to 5 for some, others go directly to 5, others go to 7 first etc) but I cannot make Portugal or Scotland work. 

A workaround for some of the leagues would be to add an additional rule of no more than x foreigner players in the match squad. 

With Portugal I get an error saying that some regional Azores youth league has more teams than required. So this creates a problem as typically Celtic, Benfica and Porto keep having 15 foreigners or so while the rest of the world is restricted to 3 and 5 :D