change kit in 3d

uphillarnie

Well possibly found out by someone ages ago, but you can alter the kit your team is playing in.

All you need to do is extract the pictures of the kits from the graphics.fmf and place them in the proper graphic directory on the userdata (in my documents). This is 'graphics/kits/outfield/<country>/<team>

Seen it and it worked. Bit short on time right now, but this means you can yearly change the awaykit rather easy even in 3d.

So will have to find out how it works for non licensed teams though and a template is needed in order to create the 512x512 png files ourselves

cheerio

Well possibly found out by someone ages ago, but you can alter the kit your team is playing in.

All you need to do is extract the pictures of the kits from the graphics.fmf and place them in the proper graphic directory on the userdata (in my documents). This is 'graphics/kits/outfield/<country>/<team>

Seen it and it worked. Bit short on time right now, but this means you can yearly change the awaykit rather easy even in 3d.

So will have to find out how it works for non licensed teams though and a template is needed in order to create the 512x512 png files ourselves

cheerio

I don't have understand well...if I have a edited template I can view it in 3d match after place it in that folder ?

I have edited a default kit (RGB) and then I have see it in game. And what can I use to extract the kit?

I don't have understand well...if I have a edited template I can view it in 3d match after place it in that folder ?

I have edited a default kit (RGB) and then I have see it in game. And what can I use to extract the kit?

Using the resource archiver (in the tools directory of you footballmanager directory) you can extract kits for the licensed teams from the graphics.fmf found in the data folder.

Uou could actually extract these to the graphics\kits etcetera folder. Creation of the tree will be done by the resource archiver.

This are the hated 3d kits which are visible in the 3d match engine as well.

Default kits is something different.

If there is interest, I will add a short and clear description on how to edit the kits visible in 3d so you can update it whenever you like.

Using the resource archiver (in the tools directory of you footballmanager directory) you can extract kits for the licensed teams from the graphics.fmf found in the data folder.

Uou could actually extract these to the graphics\kits etcetera folder. Creation of the tree will be done by the resource archiver.

This are the hated 3d kits which are visible in the 3d match engine as well.

Default kits is something different.

If there is interest, I will add a short and clear description on how to edit the kits visible in 3d so you can update it whenever you like.

Yes please ! I can't wait to find out how to get rid of those awful 3d kits.

Getting rid of the 3d kits is described by Radestock in this topic http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63488

What I'm going to describe is how to change the 3d kit in the 3d match

Oops...think i didn't explain myself quite well there... what i meant was that i want to edit those default 3d kits in the 3d match so they can finally look like the real thing (sponsor on shirt, etc...)

Oops...think i didn't explain myself quite well there... what i meant was that i want to edit those default 3d kits in the 3d match so they can finally look like the real thing (sponsor on shirt, etc...)

ok.

Will come back on that.

Found out how to add kits for unlicensed teams as well. No rocket science though.

The detail of the kits is of course a strange discussion since the players are so tiny in the 3d match you can barely see any detail on the kit

has anynone already find away just to change only the kits color? For example i play with Benfica and the kit in the game is all red like Livepool instead of beig re shirt, white shorts and red socks like in real life.

is there a way to change the colors? i really dont mind about sponsors and other details because i only play with the "elevated" camera in the 3d.

has anynone already find away just to change only the kits color? For example i play with Benfica and the kit in the game is all red like Livepool instead of beig re shirt, white shorts and red socks like in real life.

is there a way to change the colors? i really dont mind about sponsors and other details because i only play with the "elevated" camera in the 3d.

Actually creating a 3d kit would do the trick.

Working on a howto

and admins. I accidently reported this message. wrong button sorry

This is a ‘how to’ in order to add a kit to the 3d game. This tutorial is not meant to explain how to create a kit using Adobe or the Gimp. This can be done later when wanted.

Lots of people are a bit annoyed about the way the kit of their favorites look in the 3d mode.

There is a rather simple way to add another kit that will be shown In the 3d match.

Before we start a few steps we have to make:

1. Be sure to disable radestocks panel patch as this will make 3d kits unvisible in the team information view.

2. make sure the following tree is available on your computer:

my documents\Sports Interactive\Graphics\kits\outfield

Below this folder we will create the countries. It is not mandatory, but I creat this folder for two reasons:

- I like a structured folder

- when extracting graphics using the resource archiver, these maps will be used as well.

3. For tutorial purposes create the folders ned and premier in the above mentioned structure. You now should have a directory my documents\Sports Interactive\Graphics\kits\outfield\ned\premier on your hardddisk.

4. Go to your football manager application directory

5. Switch to the directory data\sigfx\meshes\shirts

In this directory you’ll find several png files, Blue, claret, orange, black.

6. Copy two files to the just created premier directory

Right now we are ready for business.

Although not necessary for teams that are licensed, I prefer to create a XML file assigning kits to teams non the-less.

First the starting point. This is the way my team information screen looks now. You see in this picture, that Feyenoord has the original shirts available.

teaminformation_before.png

In my documents\Sports Interactive\Graphics\kits\outfield\ned\ you'll have to create a XML file with the name config.xml. The contents of this file is as follows (you can cut and paste this of course).

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Eredivisie -->

<record from="premier/orange" to="graphics/pictures/team/1013/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="premier/green" to="graphics/pictures/team/1013/kit_textures/away"/>

</list>

</record>

The most important lines in this xml file have the following format

<record from="DIVISION/TEAMNAME home" to="graphics/pictures/team/UNIQUEID/kit_textures/KIT"/>

All words in capitals are to be replaced by lower case names.

DIVISION = the directoryname stating the league the team is playing in. In our example premier

TEAMNAME = the name of the kit in the premier directory. In our case the home kits name is orange, the away kits name is green

UNIQUEID = the teamid Football manager uses in the database. For Feyenoord this is 1013

KIT = can either be home, away or third

If I now go reload the skin (be sure the skin cach is not tagged) you’ll see that feyenoord has some new kits

teaminformation_after.png

These kits will show up in the 3d game.

That’s it.

Great effort man! Great contribution to the community! :thup:

I find strange that no one cares about this, only care about facepacks , but this is much more important.

I got some doubts:

How to create the kits in a simple manner? Is there a template that we only need to give a different color?

How do we create an .xml file? the same way we create a new notepad file or folder?

How can we find the code for the teams and the colors to insert into de .xml file?

Sorry for this, but it's a bit complex, even with your great tutorial :confused:

It would be great if you could also make some 3D kit packs, starting with Benfica :D

I would be pleased do post them on my blog and in all the portuguese community forums!

Great effort man! Great contribution to the community! :thup:

I find strange that no one cares about this, only care about facepacks , but this is much more important.

I got some doubts:

How to create the kits in a simple manner? Is there a template that we only need to give a different color?

How do we create an .xml file? the same way we create a new notepad file or folder?

How can we find the code for the teams and the colors to insert into de .xml file?

Sorry for this, but it's a bit complex, even with your great tutorial :confused:

It would be great if you could also make some 3D kit packs, starting with Benfica :D

I would be pleased do post them on my blog and in all the portuguese community forums!

Well a template is found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=69752

XML file can be created using notepad. When saving the file set 'saving as' to all files and type config.xml in the name. Cut and paste the content of above message and you are halfway there.

You don't need to insert colors. All you need to insert is the name of the file that represents your kit. The team id can be found in either the editor, or by making it visible in the preferences of FM2009.

Hope this helps for now. Have to go somewhere. Little short on time (again) :)

Well a template is found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=69752

XML file can be created using notepad. When saving the file set 'saving as' to all files and type config.xml in the name. Cut and paste the content of above message and you are halfway there.

You don't need to insert colors. All you need to insert is the name of the file that represents your kit. The team id can be found in either the editor, or by making it visible in the preferences of FM2009.

Hope this helps for now. Have to go somewhere. Little short on time (again) :)

Allright! I'm gonna give it a try!

I'll post feedback about my effort later.

Thanks!

EDIT: i'm trying to do a kit but i quit, i just don't have talent. I'll wait for someone with real skills to release some kits.

• 1 month later...
This is a ‘how to’ in order to add a kit to the 3d game. This tutorial is not meant to explain how to create a kit using Adobe or the Gimp. This can be done later when wanted.

Lots of people are a bit annoyed about the way the kit of their favorites look in the 3d mode.

There is a rather simple way to add another kit that will be shown In the 3d match.

Before we start a few steps we have to make:

1. Be sure to disable radestocks panel patch as this will make 3d kits unvisible in the team information view.

2. make sure the following tree is available on your computer:

my documents\Sports Interactive\Graphics\kits\outfield

Below this folder we will create the countries. It is not mandatory, but I creat this folder for two reasons:

- I like a structured folder

- when extracting graphics using the resource archiver, these maps will be used as well.

3. For tutorial purposes create the folders ned and premier in the above mentioned structure. You now should have a directory my documents\Sports Interactive\Graphics\kits\outfield\ned\premier on your hardddisk.

4. Go to your football manager application directory

5. Switch to the directory data\sigfx\meshes\shirts

In this directory you’ll find several png files, Blue, claret, orange, black.

6. Copy two files to the just created premier directory

Right now we are ready for business.

Although not necessary for teams that are licensed, I prefer to create a XML file assigning kits to teams non the-less.

First the starting point. This is the way my team information screen looks now. You see in this picture, that Feyenoord has the original shirts available.

teaminformation_before.png

In my documents\Sports Interactive\Graphics\kits\outfield\ned\ you'll have to create a XML file with the name config.xml. The contents of this file is as follows (you can cut and paste this of course).

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Eredivisie -->

<record from="premier/orange" to="graphics/pictures/team/1013/kit_textures/home"/>

<record from="premier/green" to="graphics/pictures/team/1013/kit_textures/away"/>

</list>

</record>

The most important lines in this xml file have the following format

<record from="DIVISION/TEAMNAME home" to="graphics/pictures/team/UNIQUEID/kit_textures/KIT"/>

All words in capitals are to be replaced by lower case names.

DIVISION = the directoryname stating the league the team is playing in. In our example premier

TEAMNAME = the name of the kit in the premier directory. In our case the home kits name is orange, the away kits name is green

UNIQUEID = the teamid Football manager uses in the database. For Feyenoord this is 1013

KIT = can either be home, away or third

If I now go reload the skin (be sure the skin cach is not tagged) you’ll see that feyenoord has some new kits

teaminformation_after.png

These kits will show up in the 3d game.

That’s it.

I cannot find those first folders in my system and I am using WFM09 does that make a big difference?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few questions about this.

In the example above, Feyenoord's kits are changed to orange, however their default colours (i.e. the one's displayed in the text) are unchanged. This means that, although the team will be playing in orange on the 3D screen, in 2D and on the commentary they will still be playing in red and white (their default colours).

My question is, how does the match display cope with this? I presume 2D still displays as Feyenoord playing in red and 3D displays them as playing in orange, or whatever.

But what happens in the case of a colour clash in either 2D or 3D representations?

For example, say I'm playing as Liverpool and I decide to turn their home kit into a blue kit on the 3D display. Then I come up against Everton at home. The 2D display will not have any clash of colours but what will happen to the 3D? Will Liverpool now play in their blue kit and clash with Everton or will FM recognise that there is a clash of colours in 3D and put Liverpool in an alternative kit on the 3D representation?

Also, if you take the example above where Feyenoord are now playing in orange, is there any way of tying their default colours (i.e. text colours of red and white) to the new kit you have created by changing these colours to match?

Grateful for any ideas about this.

C.

Archived