What controls boardroom image?

Mikeonhisboat

Does anyone know what controls which boardroom screen the game displays? Very occasionally it picks a different one as in screenshot with red shirts below. You'd think it would display the smaller boardooms for tiny clubs. But for almost every club it seems to pick the top of the two images below. Not sure if this is a skinning thing/editting thing but I want a tiny boardoom...

Also where can I find these images for boardroom, press conference etc? I've unpacked a fair number of the folders via resource archiver, but can't find where these images are hidden. I can see the code to display them is in client object viewer but can't seeanything there telling the game which image to use.

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (75).png

11 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

same as you would to extract any.   Sports Interactive\Data 2020\simatchviewer-pc\environments

there are about 20 files that make up the render. 

Thankyou - happily fiddling...

Do you know when the game loads this stuff? When start a new game only?

For anyone in future wanting more of a small club feel and wanting to change the almost always generated large boardoom to a smaller one I've got a rough workaround by:

-unpacking simmatch viewer via the resource archiver

-placing resulting simmatch viewer folder into your steam library for FM (mine is at: C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Football Manager/data

-in this folder open up environments/boardroom

-change filename of largeboardroom.sia and largeplayerkit.sia to something like NOTlargeboardroom.sia (you could just delete them bt likely you'll want to reenable these later as your club grows)

-copy the equivalent small (or medium) files ie smallboardroom.sia. And rename the copied version to largeboardroom.sia and largeplayerkit.sia

In game clear cache and it should now work.

(I'm no editor/skinner - this is a REALLY rough hack - game still generates the large boardroom for small clubs it's just when it does that you're making it display the small image instead f the large one it thinks it's displaying. You're doing the same to every club using a large boardoom eg Man Utd. But as you never see those screens for computer controlled clubs it matters not. To renable the default large boardroom image later just delete your largeboadroom.sia etc filesand rename the NOTlargeboardoom ones. Refresh cache in game and when you go back into boardroom screen the default image restored.)

Hatchet job. And maybe no-one else cares. But it's made my day :) Thanks @wkdsoul for the pointers.

20 hours ago, Mikeonhisboat said:

For anyone in future wanting more of a small club feel and wanting to change the almost always generated large boardoom to a smaller one I've got a rough workaround by:

-unpacking simmatch viewer via the resource archiver

-placing resulting simmatch viewer folder into your steam library for FM (mine is at: C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Football Manager/data

-in this folder open up environments/boardroom

-change filename of largeboardroom.sia and largeplayerkit.sia to something like NOTlargeboardroom.sia (you could just delete them bt likely you'll want to reenable these later as your club grows)

-copy the equivalent small (or medium) files ie smallboardroom.sia. And rename the copied version to largeboardroom.sia and largeplayerkit.sia

In game clear cache and it should now work.

(I'm no editor/skinner - this is a REALLY rough hack - game still generates the large boardroom for small clubs it's just when it does that you're making it display the small image instead f the large one it thinks it's displaying. You're doing the same to every club using a large boardoom eg Man Utd. But as you never see those screens for computer controlled clubs it matters not. To renable the default large boardroom image later just delete your largeboadroom.sia etc filesand rename the NOTlargeboardoom ones. Refresh cache in game and when you go back into boardroom screen the default image restored.)

Hatchet job. And maybe no-one else cares. But it's made my day :) Thanks @wkdsoul for the pointers.

Thanks for sharing!