Back to Africa - Les Astres FC

ToMexico!!

Staff - June 2026

@Fudal asked if I was going to track my staff so now is as good time as any to keep track of those who leave for pastures new. This is because I just lost my Assistant Manager to a managers position at another club. 

Evrard Gondje leaves for Cosmos de Bafia, they have just been promoted to the top flight for next season. 

This is currently all my staff...

4070a8cdd394de5d7f2e92bebe2573fa.png

Stand-outs have to be Collins Maifanya (HoYD) and Ademola Bankole (GK Coach). When I bring in staff I always like to bring in former players first/real people second and as few regens as possible unless their stats are much better than whats available with "real people". Below is my current staff that were former players/real people. 

Bankole		| was U19 GK Coach at QPR until 2021
Matoukou	| flittered between Belgium and Ukraine in his playing days, was a U19 coach at Genk until 2022
Spahic		| played for the likes of Sevilla, Leverkusen and Hamburg. Joined me as a coach in 2020
Elokobi		| big George retired as a player in 2022. Signed him up as U19 coach before moving him up to coach this season.
Ghomsi		| poached from Unisport last year after 6 seasons at Unisport
Assembe		| a player in France until 2023, signed as U19 GK coach in 2025
Job		| moved around the lower divisions of Italy before retiring in 2021. Was a Renaissance U19 coach. Also Joel Matip's cousin!
Obele 		| forged a career in Spain until 2020. Racing Bafoussam U19 coach until 2025 when I poached him. 

Stolen Staff

4c255f012af8afdb91aa4ba1ec5c943e.png

So just three staff members taken from us so far as the allure of management is too strong. Will be interesting to see if Gondje can forge a career in management or will he be sacked and end up back behind the scenes. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brice Ndzana (YP26a)

I want to start tracking the progress and improvement of my youth players that come through our intakes and I will start with Brice. I'm pretty sure this is the best youth player we have had through the system yet his PA is only 4 stars. Yes he has 2* CA which will make feel better than his attributes suggest. 

9a68ee6e94298984b95c53381ace31cf.png

All youth players that come through the intakes now get individual training assigned to them to work on their glaring weaknesses and Brice is no different. 

9de776dc8826a7f70b63680e295906a3.png

He's naturally a Ball Winning Midfielder which we don't use. We use the Anchor Man/Regista combination. So Brice immediately goes on Anchor Man positional training and Defensive Positioning as an additional focus. 

Nelson Esua (YP21a)

Nelson is the only player to have made an impact in the first team having come through the academy. 

7f4a0fe9c21559dcd23d657acea6fdb7.png 

Currently at 112 career appearances for the club, he could go on to be the record holder for appearances for the club. 

29f2a82ecfc39ee95d143a7b24a189b1.png

Some fantastic improvement here with +6 for Aerial Reach and Jumping Reach. He continues to work on his weaknesses and is currently focused on improving his strength which is already at +4 through his natural growth. 

7 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Staff - June 2026

@Fudal asked if I was going to track my staff so now is as good time as any to keep track of those who leave for pastures new. This is because I just lost my Assistant Manager to a managers position at another club. 

Evrard Gondje leaves for Cosmos de Bafia, they have just been promoted to the top flight for next season. 

Stolen Staff

4c255f012af8afdb91aa4ba1ec5c943e.png

Stolen Staff - March 2027

17acc330408a99cf6427f649093905e7.png

After joining Cosmos de Bafia in 2026 and a win % of just 16, Evrard has somehow managed to blag the job at Coton Sport. From bottom of the league to 2nd place. 

5115d25475a82db3c90636475ff26f30.png

After a short stint as caretaker manager at Botafogo, Eric Djemba-Djemba was given the opportunity full time. 

28 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Stolen Staff - March 2027

17acc330408a99cf6427f649093905e7.png

After joining Cosmos de Bafia in 2026 and a win % of just 16, Evrard has somehow managed to blag the job at Coton Sport. From bottom of the league to 2nd place. 

5115d25475a82db3c90636475ff26f30.png

After a short stint as caretaker manager at Botafogo, Eric Djemba-Djemba was given the opportunity full time. 

Stolen Staff - April 2027

791cf83b44ada55bb6d94ddff75139b8.png

Retired as a player in 2024. Joined as U19 Assistant Manager last summer. 

It seems us rejecting Cameroon, meant that Coton Sports manager took the job, Gondje joined Coton and Diakhate replaced him at Cosmos. 

a52583c254d93062a50764372f62048a.png

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Congrats on winning the ACL. I'm really loving the save and the progression.

Thanks kid, I was at a crossroads with the save in terms of the fixture congestion problem but I thought why stop for that when i'm enjoying it so much. 

I'm beginning to immerse myself more into the save, I don't normally look at any training or alike. 

Thanks for reading! 

th?id=OIP.VB0Jer2BJWv_lhzuIn1L-AAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

2026/27 Season Review - Cameroonian First Division

After last season's single title but like a million goals I needed to focus more on winning games. I'll keep this one a bit more brief. 

In the league we still kept up a good rate of scoring goals but managed to keep a bit more tighter in defence and concede 12 less than last season, that in turn improved our final record by us only losing once and drawing twice. What was intriguing in the league was that we weren't the only club to score over 100 goals, Union Douala who finished 2nd also managed that feat, whilst APEJES fell just short with 98. Are the top teams getting stronger or the bottom clubs getting worse? 

League Table

Whilst the Cameroonian Cup isn't important its still nice to win it. However, we fell at the 4th Round again this season losing to APEJES on penalties. Yann Bery Nana now holds the record for most goals in a season in the cup, he scored 11 in 3 games. 

Cameroonian Cup

In the Champions League we needed to do better, we beat APR FC (of Gabon) 7-3 and Kano Pillars (Nigeria) 2-1 on aggregate to reach the group stage. Where we were drawn against ES Setif (Algeria), TP Mazembe (DR Congo) and AC Leopards (Congo). We achieved a 2nd placed finish before Setif who were two strong for us, whilst Leopards and Mazembe were dealt with easily. 

In the quarters we were drawn with Egyptian side Ah-Ahly, we drew 1-1 at home but outscored them 5-3 back at theirs. Another North African side next, as were drawn against Wydad Casablanca again. Again a 1-1 draw in the first leg was over shadowed by a 4-3 second leg win, through to the final we go. We would meet our group stage nemesis ES Setif and unfortunately we succumbed to them again losing 3-0 in an uninspiring performance. 

Champions League

This season scored 206 goals in all competitions with two real stand out performers in Yann Bery Nana & Rostand Kenmonge who both scored over 50 goals each. We also had 9 players that reached double figures for assists this season. Top 3 players are...

3. Robert Ndongo - into his 7th season with us now and he continues to amaze. 27 goals this season takes him to 143 career goals for us in 280 appearances. 

2. Rostand Kenmogne - 52 goals this season with 12 assists in 38(4) appearances. 160 career goals for Astres now and he's only 21. He could feasibly score 600 career goals for us if we can keep him. 

1. Yann Bery Nana - a freak, far too good for this league but no one is interested. 38 league goals now takes him to 148 in 105 games. 206 goals in 168 appearances. 

Squad

As you can see from the squad list lots of players are wanted. Eto'o, Kenmogne, Eboussi, Anaba currently all being subjects of bids whilst interest in Sandio and Kameni has subsided. I have already let one player go Essomba who was kind of first choice RWB, he left for 200k to Al-Fayha in Saudi Arabia. I think we could have a mutiny on my hands if I let too many players go. 

We had started to lose a fair chunk of money with training facility improvements being completed. Thankfully the appearance in the ACL final clawed most of that back with just short of £1m being awarded to us in prize money. 

Finances

Youth Intake

5557fe493fa184130c34578432859f86.png

Much better, we're beginning to see our work paying off as we get more than one prospect who could make an impact. 

Fabrice Bagnack is my pick for top prospect. 

Season Summary

a75c55e71ff94b7abacba97cada29ffc.png

Transfer Thinking - Summer 2027

I said in my end of season review I had already let one player go and had interest in many others, I've come up with a bit of a plan in my head. 

Some teams become interested in multiple players and will bid for player A, that's rejected, so they bid for player B, that's rejected. Rinse and repeat for eternity. Lets take Al-Hazem for instance, they play in Saudi Arabia. They're a bigger club than us, play in a better league and willing to pay more wages thus more appealing. My idea has been to let them buy the worst player that they are interested in, in this case it was LWB Franck Eto'o... bid comes in for him, renegotiate and boom off he goes. They used some of their money on player A they hopefully won't bid for player B. 

I've initially allowed three players to leave Eto'o who I've mentioned above and Essomba and Eboussi who both kicked up a fuss for me rejecting the first bids for them. 

dcfcf79e59cb738cf4e2c48721fb2ae7.png

Interest in Sandio and Kameni has waned and they've taken the disappointment of not getting a move well whilst Raphael Anaba is unhappy as Larry. I can't lose him now, I've sold a starting CB and LWB both positions he can play. Toughen up son. 

Rostand Kenmogne is wanted by every MLS club going but he's happy to stay, I've given him another contract and doubled his wages in the process. Its not him I'm worried about its my board, they had already intervened and accepted an offer of £1.2m + some clauses but I remonstrated with the board and they backed down. The last bid I knocked back was for £1.8m from New York City. 

edit

7de4f104b0910387008a995c8c690527.png

casing point..thankfully they backed down after I protested the transfer

Of the players I've already lost I have some ready made replacements for two positions, we will have to buy a new player to slot into RWB. Assana who has primarily played as a DM will be first choice CB (his preferred position is DM but his description is "enthusiastic centre back", which is it?). Awono will slot straight into left wing back. 

Looking more long term we have some good players coming up through the ranks but this is something I will touch upon in a future post regarding player development. 

Edited by ToMexico!!
board are muppets

Kenmogne's Klass - June 2027

61bc3b38c57b6f59f202e23080809085.png

I rejected £2.1m, the board intervened and accepted £2.4m, I protested the transfer again and they backed down. Seattle bid £2.6m and they accepted this, I asked for a renegotiation which they said ok, we got an extra £100k all for this to happen...

0eeafe9502c1df08fe2a76acc960130a.png

Legend! He loves me, I love him, he loves the club, the supporters love him. 

Youth Development - Summer 2027

I did a post on a player from last seasons youth intake and declared that I wanted to showcase more of my youth players and their development. How i'm going to do that is very clear yet and how the information is presented may change in time. This won't be limited for player that have come through my own intakes, I will include players I have signed from other clubs and developed and nurtured them into players capable of playing in my first team. 

There's a few existing players already in the first team that need showcasing first. 

The Current

The Future

f6881ad3bb36753a36fdd6d440bf33c8.png

The above screenshot shows the players in the youth team with 4* or more potential ability according to the HoYD. Of these players we've met two, Brice Ndzana and Fabrice Bagnack. Since then I've taken another look at all the players in this list and have nicknamed a few more players. Five players now have YP tags. Here they are in order of quality in my opinion. 

1. Brice Ndzana - DM - Improvement - a year older than most here but he's shown significant improvement already, will be first team ready for the 2028/29 campaign. 
  2. Fabrice Bagnack - ST - from this seasons intake, he's a future first team striker, needs to work on strength and attacking movement
  3. Herve Kandem - DC - Improvement - from last seasons intake but not tagged until now, made some good progress
  4. Jean Talla - GK - joined this season, may develop into a good reserve GK, time will tell
  5. Ibrahim Dipita - MC - not sure about him, not good enough defensively to retrain as a DM, I may just move this guy on in a few years time

Of the rest of the players Song-Kamga, Kameni and Atangana will most likely be promoted to the first team and loaned out for further development. 

I've scouted a few players that have joined other clubs through their intakes with the view of buying them and improving them myself. If and when these players are signed I may edit them in to this post. 

Expenditure - Sept 2027

Our latest Monthly Financial Update has given me some food for thought. 

We currently have a balance of 63084bdd71b5ad85acbcb737f573e4ac.png which has been pretty steady for the past season or two. But it does mean we have to make the ACL final to ensure we receive between £900k and £1.9m depending on winning or losing the game. 

The thing that struck me the most and made me look into it was this...

a8b47979e1f610ba7d0359d2f49b1c4f.png

Our monthly Youth Setup spend now sits at £200k. Last season we spent £1.6m on the Youth Setup, thankfully I haven't asked the board for any more upgrades just yet so this shouldn't be increasing (too much anyway)

So far this season we've made a loss of £622k versus an overall profit of £585k last season. 

With current spending our finances are projected to look like this at the end of the coming seasons. 

6ccb95be42af7868187311a4a1e861cd.png

This is without prize money, player sales, new sponsorship deals. £374k at the end of the season is not comprehensible. 

I need to think about selling a player. One that will make the least impact on the squad, the style of play, the fans. One which we can take advantage of sell on clauses. Hang on Sell on Clauses. 

5beed05df6cbcceb8aa0f209804551f1.png

We have two to sell. 

6bf4d7229adc5c748d40016acc03090a.png
db78533818bc4f7adcb5018313b2d45a.png

Yes please, I'll take both now. The one thing I have learnt when selling players to Middle Eastern clubs is that they don't tend to move on much, they give players big wages and other clubs can't afford to pay them that. Maybe if I had a few more leagues loaded, a few players would use them as stepping stone clubs...Africa > Middle East/China > Europe. 

New Balance d7e126f1be9310bba957455195ca0201.png and a new projection..

eb77dadc8eeb6576e7c43e7af05b8464.png

Much better, we have a good realistic chance of reaching the ACL final again and thus receiving circa £1m in prize money. Semi finals are £700k-ish. 

If I can maybe sell one or two squad players next summer for the same amount and add clauses in we could cope with the expenditure as it is. To make more improvements we need to sell a big player for £1.5m/£2m plus add on's to be comfortable. 

Stolen Staff - Dec 2027

f35e784168311dbcfbdd54a6696fa7ee.png

7c4c8dec4822505cb21c433635c64f71.png

I hadn't realised I hadn't replaced Diakhate, so we are now without a U19 Manager and AssMan. So some searching has taken place and we now have two new members of staff. 

Pierre Ebede | Alex Song

Not the greatest but a mixture of the best available that we could afford (particularly Ebede) and a bit of sentimental value (especially Song). I reckon we will lose one of them within a year of now. 

Selective Sale - Jan 2028

a562c2846e86ba6f0ecf7d62b23ae9ec.png

A great player that had become unsettled previously and said he would again if I didn't accept an offer from Shabab Al-Ahli. Really he's worth more than £600k to me, 193 league games, 39 goals and countless assists from DM. He's instantly worth £2.1m which bodes well for that % of next sale clause which we can hopefully sell in time. 

Fortunately I have a ready made replacement in Brice Ndzana, I had called him up to the first team squad as I have 11 players away on international duty for a month. Really I wanted to play them alongside each other but things haven't gone to plan. 

bbf75d7cd516663d47a217cf5d0da2c7.png

I sold another clause, again for a player who was in the Middle East and had stagnated, he could well move sideways to a club in the same league but I doubt he will make it into Europe. 

These sales keep the balance ticking along nicely. 

dc1b52ef95a29d5ba5815fe7e73539dc.png

2027/28 Season Review - Cameroonian First Division

Not sure what to make of this season to be honest, we won the title again but we just didn't click. Maybe it was the fact I sold a few players, I let our first choice CB, RWB, LWB and DM go. We had a new CB partnership, two new wing backs and a new DM partnership. We still scored goals 148 in the league in fact but we did concede 33, which was only 5 more than last season but it felt like more, as we only kept 12 clean sheets in 34 games in the league. 

League Table

We did slightly better in the Cameroonian Cup this season, reaching the quarter finals before bowing out to Union Douala. The last few seasons of poor performances have shown that our back ups aren't quite there yet. 

Cameroonian Cup

I stated before the season started that we need to reach the latter stages and probably the final to ensure we received good prize money. We smashed Libyan side Al-Ittihad 6-0 in the home leg but lost the 2nd. Generation Foot (from Senegal) held us to a 2-2 draw at their place before we beat them 2-1 at home to advance to the group stages once again. We were drawn in a group consisting of our bogey team ES Setif, Union Douala and Hearts of Oak from Ghana. We beat the two latter sides home and away, gained a credible draw at home to Setif but lost heavily away in Algeria. We drew Moroccan side Wydad Casablanca again in the KO Rounds and smashed them 6-0 at home, we rested heavily for the second leg and lost 3-1. We then drew their city rivals Raja Casablanca and got our asses hand to us, we lost 7-1 on aggregate in the semi-finals. 

Champions League

We blooded in quite a few new faces this season which I think was our downfall at times, we lacked experience in central defence and defensive midfield. Djomo (cb), Song-Kamga (cb), Ndzana (YP26a)(dm), Awono (lwb), Lobe (st), Kameni (cb) and Ze Essono (gk) were all promoted to the first team squad and played a combined 10660 minutes for the first team. 

To be honest I only want to highlight one player this season and that's Yann Bery Nana once again, 51 goals and 14 assists this season in 31 (5) appearances playing just 2738 minutes on the pitch. Breaking it down that's an average 76 minutes per game, a goal or assist every 42 minutes. He also scored 45 of his goals in the league in 21(3) games, nearly 2 goals per game. He missed out on playing in 10 further league games, at that rate he could have scored another 20 league goals. 

Squad

Our Youth Facilities were downgraded at the end of the season, so I took the conscious decision to improve them once again, at a cost of £500k. We made some steady money through the course of the season through player sales and selling clauses which has kept the need of the board intervening and potentially selling one of top players to the US, Middle East or China. 

b4a97284c8a34e72e7a13ee4992b3f99.png

Finances

Youth Intake

1619c47f541f94f2a3ff2ade5f723ecc.png

labelled as a "Golden Generation"

This is far from a Golden Generation, okay a 1.5*/4.5* player but beyond that. 

Karl Moukoko is a good player, great set of mentals for his age but he is very much a RB not a potential RWB through his lack of technical skills. There's a few 2nd nationalities in there, surprisingly Hong Kong as one. Michel Haman travels 4270 miles to join the youth team

Season Summary

0da7562a622eb17c06faedd43141c4a0.png 

34 minutes ago, rodesire said:

I just love how positive your team is in attack!

Playing just 2 defenders is very positive but it has been hurting us when we haven't had our first choice players available either through injury/resting or International call ups. 

Now we've lost Sandio (well I sold him) and promoted Ndzana I've changed to a BWM/Anchor Man combo which has proved better for us as the players playing DM aren't too great attack wise. Basically I'm wanting to play Ndzana like N'Golo Kante does but from a deeper role. 

I've also added counter pressing to the tactics for next season, shame you can't pick certain players to do this depending on their attributes for fitness/stamina/work rate. 

The front four and wing-backs basically have a free reign to do as they please as long as goals are scored. 

Youth Development - Summer 2028

On 04/05/2020 at 15:29, ToMexico!! said:

Youth Development - Summer 2027

The Current

455c95577844b9aee92fd9f7ff5e26b1.png

Table shows updated total for appearances, goals, assists and clean sheets for players that have either come through the U19 in some shape or form. 

The Future

1. Brice Ndzana - DM - Improvement - a year older than most here but he's shown significant improvement already, will be first team ready for the 2028/29 campaign. 
  2. Fabrice Bagnack - ST - from this seasons intake, he's a future first team striker, needs to work on strength and attacking movement
  3. Herve Kandem - DC - Improvement - from last seasons intake but not tagged until now, made some good progress
  4. Jean Talla - GK - joined this season, may develop into a good reserve GK, time will tell
  5. Ibrahim Dipita - MC - not sure about him, not good enough defensively to retrain as a DM, I may just move this guy on in a few years time

3696af560ccb4124e9a09e4ff7e3fb9c.png

Brice Ndzana | Progress

Brice was promoted to the first team when I sold Sandio, whilst he's not a direct replacement he has slotted in, in a more defensive role but I will look to evolve that next season. 

I've made two signings for the U19s. Emmanuel Kouakou joins immediately after he was for some reason released by Coton Sport. The other player signed is Georges Biakolo who will join in June 2029 from French side AC Amiens, he has cost me £8.25k + 30% Profit if we sell him. 

Have any of your players won any continental awards? I know when I managed in Nigeria, my top players were usually among the contenders for awards like best domestic (African based) player, or the intra-club xi. Sometimes they would even compete for the major awards.

4 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Have any of your players won any continental awards? I know when I managed in Nigeria, my top players were usually among the contenders for awards like best domestic (African based) player, or the intra-club xi. Sometimes they would even compete for the major awards.

Yeah they have actually, I'll have a look and put them below. 

f554acd1edb249a88232f5821c858223.png

Three of my players in the 2027 African based team of the year.

aecce201c8dead8c8d0a7bc18c5f30b7.png

African Based player of the year, two years running. 

d961ad395843576db3e7a12233154ea8.png

Yann Bery Nana has been African striker of the year three times in a row. Kenmogne was runner up last twice. 

Player Sale - Aug 2028

I don't want to have to sell my players but we've been leaking money likes its no tomorrow over the close season and I felt that this was the right player to sell. 

3420a58fa306c87341912ec6593f92fd.png

£800k + 50% profit is a good deal for a player who was 3rd choice striker/2nd choice AMR. He was worth £90k when I sold him, he's now worth £1.3m which will give us some good money from the sell on clause too. 

a16f52cb395ec2bf4567e99040523e59.png

Finances now look a bit better as we head into the new season. 6d83da559088d16cf1918e90a36446b1.png

Additional League - Aug 2028

I've made the decision to add the French leagues to the save for a couple of reasons. 

1. Hopefully adding playable teams will mean more regens with Cameroonian 2nd nationality will be generated
  2. More players from Africa will leave for France
  3. More staff will leave France (for example I have a French Assistant Manager who could be a good manager for Ligue 2 level)

I could be inclined in future years to add the likes of Italy and Belgium to the game too, I have found those nations to produce regens also with Cameroon as a 2nd nationality. 

e001cd5f20c52e68593b27cc30b4a07c.png

Player Sales - Oct 2028

22791ac5f554344583e82e8de9fd4166.png

I already mentioned the sale of M'Barga as a significant sale financially. Cedric was surplus to requirements, a CM who didn't have the attributes to make it as a DM. Assana-Bayema was going to be first choice AMR but he kicked off when a bid from Al-Hazem was rejected, he handed in a transfer request and he was gone. £250k is a little on the low side but rather that than an unhappy player stinking out the squad. Kameni was another who was annoyed I had previously rejected a bid for him, he'd actually not been performing well in training as was declining as a result. So he left for Al-Hazem too and I promoted an U19 player as a replacement. 

These sales have helped the coffers and we now sit with 86dfe4ea6d199bb6bdf26852dea484ae.png in the bank. 

We do have some potentially lucrative clauses which I will be keeping an eye on over the course of the season. 

b7acc0ba6c8765c14a45094cb1bc4622.png

50% of Profit on Assana-Bayema & M'Barga, 50% Next Sale on Sandio and 30% Profit from Kameni. If those can net us around the £1m mark I will be happy. 

Clause Sold - Dec 2028

3 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

We do have some potentially lucrative clauses which I will be keeping an eye on over the course of the season. 

b7acc0ba6c8765c14a45094cb1bc4622.png

50% of Profit on Assana-Bayema & M'Barga, 50% Next Sale on Sandio and 30% Profit from Kameni. If those can net us around the £1m mark I will be happy. 

18964ee6d4c8ecb8d72cd0f02dbe9132.png

Really happy with the sale of the clause for M'Barga, worth nearly as much as I sold him for was great business. 

69fd216eaa0adf92a70a8e74098d25d8.png

Although I'm not sure where all the money has gone, last month (November) we only lost £220k. We've just brought in £800k yet our balance is around £100k more than my last post. However, this keeps things ticking along nicely.

Awards - Jan 2029

877d1636af719af9a6c285c081958085.png

Kenmogne wins this for the 2nd time, taking the award from Yann Bery Nana. He was also selected in the African Best XI. 

021fbdaa493b0f912038f90c09d97abb.png

Kenmogne finishes ahead of Azzedine Gagaa and fellow teammate Stephane Lobe. Lobe had been a real bit part player until this season after I sold M'Barga. 30 goals in 17(4) games so far this season. 

2028/29 Season Review

Keeping it briefer today... (the youth intake will be in a separate post)

We won the league again scoring 147 goals in the process, interestingly two other teams scored over 100. APEJES in 2nd scored 120 and 3rd placed Coton Sport scored 101. 

League Table

A much improved performance in the cup as we went on to win the competition for the first time in 5 seasons. We set a new record for goals scored in the competition too with 31.

Cameroonian Cup

Champions League Quarter Finalists this season as we were defeated by Raja Casablanca. Overall a pretty disappointing campaign. 

Champions League

Stephane Lobe was a sensation this season from perennial back up to potential first name on the team sheet his 41 goals meant he was top scorer ahead of Bery Nana and Kenmogne. 

Squad

Youth Facilities were improved back to an Average level at a cost of 500k. We also made £1.8m from player sales as we also sold Francois Assana to Al-Faisaly for £500k (£750k)+50% Profit. 

Finances

Season Summary

50d1cb7088e5b2d4ada42a86bb6e7ced.png

2 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Are you close to take control of national team mate?I really want to see African lions back to action!

I turned down the opportunity already to take over the national team, I felt it was too early in the save and still is. They have won the AFCON three times already in 2023, 2025 and this summer 2029. 

Youth Player Poached - May 2029

5c8f288780a2485c24c52065942ba987.png

3 Gold * PA means he could be incredible. This is the first player to be poached, I had felt like that it would never happen as it hadn't happened yet in 10 seasons.  

I'm going to track these players in the same way that @Jimbokav1971 does. 

11 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Youth Player Poached - May 2029

5c8f288780a2485c24c52065942ba987.png

3 Gold * PA means he could be incredible. This is the first player to be poached, I had felt like that it would never happen as it hadn't happened yet in 10 seasons.  

I'm going to track these players in the same way that @Jimbokav1971 does. 

I've never done it before, but if you are going to be Managing in a Nation where players regularly get poached, (and you are), and you are interested in developing your facilities and producing your own players, (and it seems you are), then it's a no-brainer. There is no point us investing in facilities and moaning about the rubbish players coming through if we aren't also taking into account the players who have been poached and would have come through the intake had they not been poached. It's one of my the favourite parts of my save at the moment. 

Steve Eto'o should be pretty handy with 1.5 gold stars. :thup:

Just now, Number seven said:

A Norwegian-Cameroonian never seen that before in the game... But then you have had som cool nationality combinations in this game.

Yeah not the first combination I would have thought of, I would expect quite a few Cameroonian/French combos but there hasn't been many. We've had Belgium, Germany, Basque, Canada and Hong Kong. 

Unexpected - June 2029

e1bc37e05ad9515b7e4ba39c95d35b86.png

We've been entered into the Club World Cup for the first time. I'm not sure how a team qualifies for this tournament as we haven't won the ACL for in four seasons since 2024/25. Look we're here to make up the numbers but if we can get some money from it I'm happy. 

Club World Cup - June 2029

132243fb00eec48a37371292ee41a1e3.png

As expected we were pumped in both games but I will happily enter the competition every year because we raised 0afd8375d87f72e84eb852330450bc7e.png in gate receipts from the two games. 

With the added revenue the board decided the scouting should be upgraded.

262feedb867824265b58873e1ce307c1.png

On 07/05/2020 at 11:16, ToMexico!! said:

Additional League - Aug 2028

I've made the decision to add the French leagues to the save for a couple of reasons. 

1. Hopefully adding playable teams will mean more regens with Cameroonian 2nd nationality will be generated
  2. More players from Africa will leave for France
  3. More staff will leave France (for example I have a French Assistant Manager who could be a good manager for Ligue 2 level)

I could be inclined in future years to add the likes of Italy and Belgium to the game too, I have found those nations to produce regens also with Cameroon as a 2nd nationality. 

e001cd5f20c52e68593b27cc30b4a07c.png

The French leagues for some reason didn't add to the game so attempting it again. 

39043d78f871e7f2ccdc06831b539162.png

Second String - Jan 2030

Two days after an important ACL game we play newly promoted Lion Ngoma (they were in non-league three seasons ago). I heavily rotated and this was the result

dcc22c0b58d8dc8bf9ebfc87b2f74b4e.png

I'm disappointed to have conceded twice against a team in 15th (not a relegation spot) but it shows the gulf in quality between our 2nd string and the lesser sides in the league. 

a6bb71358fd20c10be25e15cec16c239.png

7 goals from Ze Essono equals the record set just a few weeks ago by Kenmogne but only a 9.8 rating, go figure.

Problem Call Ups - Jan 2030

We've had half our team called up for the CHAN, we have a small mid-season break to help combat it but still have a number of games to fulfil. I guess this is a side effect of being a successful team in a league that only operates using home nationality players. 

48e0ff2f45ce85d76d82b625a206dffa.png