Anyone who has worked with Fixture Dates for different years?

Wolf_pd

As said in the title, has anyone worked with the Advanced Rules option Fixture Dates for different years?

Reason why I ask is because it might solve in an issue I am running into with my international fixtures calender for the Iron Curtain. The calender gets rather full, because in the basic rules I have the competitions build, you have to avoid certain weeks or months in the year, because in ANOTHER year a main tournament like a World Cup takes place.

The way I interpret Fixture Dates for different years is that you can set the tournament for

2020: May in a four year offset

2021, 2022, 2023 July in a four year offset

This way I avoid having a tournament in 2020 in the same month as a big tournament, while in the other years you use the free month of July.

If this is the way it works, it helps me a lot, so if anyone who used can tell me, would be most helpfull!

• 3 years later...

@Wolf_pd old topic but did you ever figure out more about the fixture dates for different years? 

I've been trying to delete the entries for the WC 2022 so that it doesn't happen in December but no luck.

Ideally i'd like to move all the entries for the World Cup 1 year back so they happen in 2 years time with a data update.

On 22/04/2020 at 21:00, Wolf_pd said:

The way I interpret Fixture Dates for different years is that you can set the tournament for

2020: May in a four year offset

2021, 2022, 2023 July in a four year offset

A bit late, but I can confirm that's exactly how it works!

I use them to alternate my African Nations between winter/summer every 2 years.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

A bit late, but I can confirm that's exactly how it works!

I use them to alternate my African Nations between winter/summer every 2 years.

Cool, good to hear!