Improvements to quality of life and match engine

Rh!no

These are a few things I think would benefit the games enjoyability:

·         An in-depth stadium editor/designer; all stadiums look exactly the same, just with varying capacity and colour, even the pitches look the same. To avoid licencing issues, develop a tool for the game community to tailor their own stadium designs.

·         Better animations and general graphical fidelity.

·         A more freeform tactical design, allowing a combination of behaviours available to the player to pioneer their own bespoke roles.

·         Better ball physics; at times it feels I’m watching pinball rather than a football match, ball deflections carry far too much momentum and do not shift their angle of incidence as it seems centrifugal movement is not calculated, something that takes away from the depth of the match engine and can be highly frustrating as you watch the ball bounce into play inconceivably along the same trajectory it came in at.

·         Goalkeeper animations limit the actions that would realistically be taken to shot-stop, no matter the quality of the goalkeeper, this is an engine limitation and thus goes into my last point, forcing you to concede goals that you seriously question the plausibility despite your best measures to invest in a capable keeper.

Please tell me what you think of these proposals.

"An in-depth stadium editor/designer; all stadiums look exactly the same, just with varying capacity and colour, even the pitches look the same. To avoid licencing issues, develop a tool for the game community to tailor their own stadium designs.  "  

I would like to add that being able to export and import stadiums customize would be incredible, we could then create stadium packs, once launched, this would improve player immersion .The allocation of stadiums to a club would be done with fm editor .

Edited by destmez

• 5 months later...