Today I learnt how blessed I was chairman-wise.

The first save I had, I played for months and months. I took over Cheltenham in League Two, customised them with my own logo, and I brought them all the way up to EPL. My chairman was fantastic. Never had a complaint. Every request I asked for he would consistently grant. More funds? Upgrades to facilities? More staff? Always yes.

I didn't have a fat transfer budget, but it was always enough for me to do my job. It was in the ballpark of 20-40 mil until I hit PL, and then it was 100 mil. Once there, he wasn't upset we were toeing the relegation line for years. He was patient until I won the PL with a bunch of wonderkids I could buy for cheap with the funds. He continued to stay on the board for twenty years, not once did he even think about selling the club. He even thought of building a new stadium on his own accord, and was always asking me if I wanted a new contract.

But the save was getting bloated and I was bored of playing the same clubs in EPL. I decided to do a new save for HSV in Germany and things started off well. I won 2 Bundesliga and the DFB Pokal, because for some reason every other Bundesliga sides was really lousy (had a close extra time shave with Eintracht) on my first year. I was a bit frustrated that I only had a million dollars to spend transfer wise, but understandably we were operating on Bundesliga wages in second tier and losing a lot of money. So I waited for them to give me more funds now that we were promoted.

We had 35 million waiting in the bank. So I first asked for a bigger budget. They said no, they'll let me know details soon. So OK, I waited. I had this wonderkid going for 5 million I really wanted since starting the save, but I waited.

Finally, they asked for expectations and released the budget. I clicked the message in my inbox in excitement. Guess how much? 2 million. Two bloody million for my efforts. We were in the Euros, we won League 2, and I settled down an entire squad of players pissed they were in League 2. I wasn't expecting 100 million for my first term, but I was expecting enough to buy that player, maybe 8 or 10 million. But just 2 million dollars to survive a top flight move?

I resigned immediately. That chairman was absolutely hideous.

I want my old chairman back.

1 minute ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

Damn, they were offering a job but I didn't go for them. I went to SPAL instead :S If the chairman here blows I think I'll go for Lyon next save.

Their u19 are absolutely incredible, rayan cherki, Malo gusto, titouan Thomas, oumar solet, maxence caqueret amine gouiri to name but a few