FM 2005 Game Windows 7

Hi 

I have purchased football manager 2005 and installed it on a Windows 7 laptop, Installing the game absolutely fine but the game wont load up from the desktop screen or from the folder that has been created,

I have tried to run it as an administrator still wont work and now stuck as to what to do, also tried to run it with a different  comparability program but that has not worked either, Data base editor loads up absolutely fine.

If any one can assist me that would be great , if this has been discussed on here before i apologize i am a new member  to the website.

Thanks  Chris

well thanks for your time to reply if it doesn’t work then guess il shall have to upgrade my laptop lol.

When you loaded it onto Windows 10 did you have to change anything in the background setting to get it to run once installed ?

• 3 months later...

Was a work around for this ever sent? i am on Windows 10 but can't play football manager 2005, i just received the disc yesterday so have been trying to work it out!

The icon is installed on the desktop but when clicked on it i get a 'user account control' pop up but then nothing else?

6 minutes ago, Robert2mac said:

Was a work around for this ever sent? i am on Windows 10 but can't play football manager 2005, i just received the disc yesterday so have been trying to work it out!

The icon is installed on the desktop but when clicked on it i get a 'user account control' pop up but then nothing else?

Try right clicking on the desktop icon and select "run as administrator" from the drop down menu