Bringing East Germany back to life - BROKEN EDITOR!

jcalvs995

Hi all,

Having an issue with editor at the moment after I altered the nation file via the archive resourcer. I had a look through some forums but they are quite dated. When you attempt to go onto a nation on editor all the avaliable search options are blank and the nation's page eg. England is bare. This all since i edited the read only file to false from true. Now my Editor isn't working when it comes to editing Nations. Even the back up file I saved does not work!

If anyone has any idea please get it touch or their copy of the file I need to edit continents of nations, I would be forever grateful lol. It is racking my brains!!

Thanks

I moved your question to the main forum, since it's not a download.

Two options, check left below the pulldown menu called Filter and if it says Active fields only with a v in front of it. That's your issue. In that click the Active fields only so the v disappears.

The other one is that you're having issues with the packiging of your comps file. What is the size of the file?

Thanks Wolf, I've been admiring your work from a distance as a lover of post WW2/Cold War history and football. 

I've just checked Active Fields and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I've attached a screenshot of what I mean in regards to nothing appear when clicking on Nations.

File size says 193kb which isn't even the largest in the file. I've attached SS also. Could it be the fact I've edited the read only part using TEXTEDIT on Mac? As you see the document icon has changed.

Thank you mate

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I moved your question to the main forum, since it's not a download.

Two options, check left below the pulldown menu called Filter and if it says Active fields only with a v in front of it. That's your issue. In that click the Active fields only so the v disappears.

The other one is that you're having issues with the packiging of your comps file. What is the size of the file?

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 16.42.52.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 16.44.11.png

28 minutes ago, jcalvs995 said:

Thanks Wolf, I've been admiring your work from a distance as a lover of post WW2/Cold War history and football. 

I've just checked Active Fields and that doesn't seem to be the issue. I've attached a screenshot of what I mean in regards to nothing appear when clicking on Nations.

File size says 193kb which isn't even the largest in the file. I've attached SS also. Could it be the fact I've edited the read only part using TEXTEDIT on Mac? As you see the document icon has changed.

Thank you mate

I don't have a Mac, so I can't say anything definitive about that, but a changing icon combined with an unreadable list sounds like the file can't be read anymore.

Another possibility is that you accidentally removed a < or > too much somewhere.

My advice would be to edit the file so that the icon doesn't change and then try again.