Training Tactical Styles. Does a team use a combination of trained styles?

Sorry if the title is a mess, tried to make it detailed.

Basically, if my team main Tactical style is a Fluid Counter press and I train them regularly with, for example, wing play, will the 2 amalgamate into 1 distinct play style, or will the main style always be the played style? Or maybe the one that eventually is trained most?

Does this even make sense?

3 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

if my team main Tactical style is a Fluid Counter press

Fluid counter press ??? I guess you meant fluid counter attack? 

6 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

and I train them regularly with, for example, wing play, will the 2 amalgamate into 1 distinct play style, or will the main style always be the played style? Or maybe the one that eventually is trained most?

Your playing style will be your tactical style (i.e. the tactic you use when playing your matches). Your training style, on the other hand, is primarily about developing certain sets of player attributes that are most associated with that particular style. So there is no rule that says that you necessarily have to use the same training style as your tactical style, but I guess it generally makes more sense to train your players for the tactical style you want to play. 

However, you don't have to use either a preset tactic or a preset training style. You can create both your own tactic and your own training schedules. That's solely up to you as a manager to decide. 

3 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Fluid counter press ??? I guess you meant fluid counter attack? 

Your playing style will be your tactical style (i.e. the tactic you use when playing your matches). Your training style, on the other hand, is primarily about developing certain sets of player attributes that are most associated with that particular style. So there is no rule that says that you necessarily have to use the same training style as your tactical style, but I guess it generally makes more sense to train your players for the tactical style you want to play. 

However, you don't have to use either a preset tactic or a preset training style. You can create both your own tactic and your own training schedules. That's solely up to you as a manager to decide. 

Yeah, sorry, counter attack. So in theory, a team that counter attacks tactically, but trains in wing play would improve wingers in general, but not necessarily tend to counter attack on the wings more successfully? No more then generally being better wingers anyway?

6 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Yeah, sorry, counter attack. So in theory, a team that counter attacks tactically, but trains in wing play would improve wingers in general, but not necessarily tend to counter attack on the wings more successfully? No more then generally being better wingers anyway?

Exactly.

I think you're taking the schedule names to literally, as in they're linked to direct tactics. Wing Play training just means that the players in the specific unit will get that specific training on those attributes. It doesn't mean you'll get better at wing play per say it just means your players will train to get better attributes required for that playing style.

It doesn't mean that training Wing Play if you're playing counter attacking is wrong, quite the contrary, you might have wingers you'd like to use in that setup. The world is your oyster :D 

7 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

So in theory, a team that counter attacks tactically, but trains in wing play would improve wingers in general, but not necessarily tend to counter attack on the wings more successfully? No more then generally being better wingers anyway?

Probably yes, but I cannot tell you for sure, simply because I never use either preset tactics or preset training schedules. So hopefully someone who does will jump in to give you a more exact answer. 

1 hour ago, Justified said:

Exactly.

I think you're taking the schedule names to literally, as in they're linked to direct tactics. Wing Play training just means that the players in the specific unit will get that specific training on those attributes. It doesn't mean you'll get better at wing play per say it just means your players will train to get better attributes required for that playing style.

It doesn't mean that training Wing Play if you're playing counter attacking is wrong, quite the contrary, you might have wingers you'd like to use in that setup. The world is your oyster :D 

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Probably yes, but I cannot tell you for sure, simply because I never use either preset tactics or preset training schedules. So hopefully someone who does will jump in to give you a more exact answer. 

Perfect. Cheers Gents. I'll let you know if I crack the next big thing. Gegenpress 2:Electric Bugaloo 😉😁