Best/easiest way to ensure fixtures for new competitions are spread out

Mikeonhisboat

So I've created 3 extra cup competitions played alongside the usual ones. Because I was keen I set specific dates for each round to be played on, a different night of the week depending which competition.

Prob is, this has resulted in some messy fixture weeks where I'm scheduled to play on say the Weds, Fri and Saturday. 

I can go back through and manually move the dates for each cup round so they don't fall in the same weeks. But I wondered is there a better way to do this whereby I can set some kind of general rule meaning fixtures should always say have a two day clear gap in between them, whatever the competition? So if the specific dates set cause a clash/a near clash (ie fixtures are too close together), one of them will get moved?

I see possible options to set 'offset dates' in various places in the advanced rules? Does this relate to what I'm after? If so, what is the simplest way to do this?

Offset days is where you play at a wednesday, but with offset 1 you will also play at tuesday and thursday.

Your solution might be setting priority, so other games get moved away from it.

So i’ve Got a slightly different problem now. One of my new cup competitions has a league stage. It involves each club playing 3 league games. Problem is, even though there’s 3 months to get these games played, the fixture list seems to very often put the middle game either very near the end, or very near the start of that window. So for example I might have two games within a week in September, then the final game (correctly) in Dec. Or vice-versa. But never three games spread out over sept-Dec. I know how to set dates for the first and final games, but how do I get the middle fixture of the three to be more in the middle? I’ve tried setting specific dates in he advanced ruleswith no joy.