It's been too Lens: Titi's flash in the pan to glory

smp20

08c860ca69c5e42a82ba26f2faaf9d0e.png

Now that's the way to do it, Camavinga you beauty :D

39bf6a1f8cedb13c685dd4fabd2ccebe.png

92ef649e332bc0ff991eefcd5734a5ba.png

We face Real Madrid in the semi-final, while the other is contested by Lyon and Lazio!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ef676ba4f1f14c53a5bc6b7ce9227700.png

Focus turns from Champions League / Ligue 1 to the Coupe de France as we have a chance for trophy number 2 of the season and retain the cup.

54a33cab82b29a3dff6d468115796e3f.png

2-1 at half-time. Weirdly Nice seem to have had a lot of the ball but done very little with it. Their one goal came from a hoof-in-the-box-from-deep free-kick.

f6ba6c4ed409bcca82ddcb6d2e0a6459.png

Champions League Final here we come!!!! A storming home victory after a 1-1 away draw. Diakite score's on his return from injury too!

DeinDesign™

April - May 2025 Overview

Results

6497838336764d2bd4936d697d11afb6.png

We finished the season very well, our only non-wins being first legs in the CL.

League Table

eea1a8f2793d94b7ce4befa3aa3f0b46.png

99 points, the same tally as last season. PSG down in 4th...

Champions League Preparation

d3e4aaab45aa4dcc185b3fce72ebdc98.png

5b75f25a948e723ac904357ae12cc256.png

f4bee01afa3136f9141e6f2a2f0d3991.png

We're favourites going into it, but Lyon will be ready for revenge!

e64d0213651890a4beff462d9b445c24.jpg

Rayan Cherki, a truly world class player, will be a big miss for Lyon. But they still have quality especially going forward.

432010c74bfc7436129d2fda8d1561d2.gif

2950dd7ac6d40c2f5d12a37f623c2820.png

Thanks to a bit of pinball and a VAR decision ruling out a Lyon goal, we go into the break 1-0 up. Boga can't stop scoring in the Champions League!

Hi @smp20Just catching up on this now. 

Quick question....

c14e4efa111487d65866975c295d0a29.png

Francophone is French-speaking? Right? 

So it's French-speaking African players, (Rather than actually going by language you've gone for African Countries considered generally French-speaking), which makes sense, but you also have "or of African descent in there". Does that just mean that you will accept these Nations as 2nd Nationalities to consider a player eligible? 

On 07/05/2020 at 21:23, smp20 said:

f01d0ec7feda30e63b8955a3beaa5f03.png

We have 2 African players in our intake, a 1-2 star and a 0.5-1 star :(

I can't remember which Country GUF is, but when you saw this do you not wish that you had included the likes of Martinique even though they are..... are they South American based? It seems a shame to miss out on them in a save such as this. 

Well done for sticking to your guns and remaining French/African only. :applause:

On 10/05/2020 at 14:35, noikeee said:

Excellent progress so far, classic @smp20 success story thread. :D To get 2nd place in the first season back in the top flight was awesome. I really like the idea of the thread too, though I admire your discipline at releasing 5 star youth intake prospects just because they don't have the right nationality... I absolutely wouldn't be able to do that. :D 

Snap. And even if I had been able to force myself to do that, (it was quite early in the save), I would have absolutely found a way to sign the 2 Martinique players to sweeten the decision.

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Phenomenal!! What a season great going

Edit BTW I think I asked you already but how do you upload these goal highlights? I want to do the same in my Red star thread 

I would love to know also...because every once in a while something amazing happens that can't be captured with words or screen shot.

On 10/05/2020 at 17:57, smp20 said:

No problem. There are plenty of other players I'd love to bring in but we can't afford them yet :lol:. I started with all players based in West Africa and Central Africa loaded as well, but maybe he didn't fit this criteria. Shame could do with some Cameroonian prospects for the NT :brock:

That's quite interesting, (starting database). What else did you do at the start? How many leagues have you got running and what other Nationality players included in starting database? 

On 12/05/2020 at 16:22, smp20 said:

284f0505ce834f2fe08ad9c7d2c0822c.png

You've got to be f'ing kidding. We lose our game in hand at home to bottom of the league Auxerre, their second win of the season :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hand up who also saw this coming after the previous comment. :kriss: (The FM Gods see everything!:lol:

Just caught up on the whole thread. :applause:

Not that into the International side of things but loved how quickly you completely dismantled PSG to such an extent that they have completely imploded and eventually finished 4th last season. Too reliant on the £600,000 per week man I wonder????? :cool:

7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Not that into the International side of things but loved how quickly you completely dismantled PSG to such an extent that they have completely imploded and eventually finished 4th last season. Too reliant on the £600,000 per week man I wonder????? :cool:

I've had the dubious pleasure of managing in Africa (not in football) and there's no way I would want to manage an African national team either :lol:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'd love to see some pictures of how you set up your scout report screen to filter out illegible players by the way? :thup:

Is that possible ? I can't scout / look for players 'only born' in Ile de France but i can filter them on my player search - shortlist (players from other region won't be visible).

So if one of my scouts gives me a good scout report , i don't have to click and see where they were born.. but i add them to my shortlist and if they don't show, they are not fit.

I hope FM adds a future option to scout only for players from certain regions. (now u can select 'homegrown to a nation or club, not region')

Edited by OlivierL

27 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Is that possible ? I can't scout / look for players 'only born' in Ile de France but i can filter them on my player search - shortlist (players from other region won't be visible).

So if one of my scouts gives me a good scout report , i don't have to click and see where they were born.. but i add them to my shortlist and if they don't show, they are not fit.

I hope FM adds a future option to scout only for players from certain regions. (now u can select 'homegrown to a nation or club, not region')

Yes, that's what I mean, but the filer isn't really that easy to use when you are looking at multiple Nations, (23 Nations in this case). When you add in 2nd Nationalites it becomes even more confusing. 

I'm wondering if @SMP20 has 23 lines with "or Nationality", and another 23 lines with "or 2nd Nationality". 

For a long time I did absolutely no scouting at all because I only played Youth Only, and now I am scouting and buying players I'm all too aware that it's not a strength so I'm looking for someone who plays with quite rigid restrictions to get an insight into how they get around it.

13 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yes, that's what I mean, but the filer isn't really that easy to use when you are looking at multiple Nations, (23 Nations in this case). When you add in 2nd Nationalites it becomes even more confusing. 

I'm wondering if @SMP20 has 23 lines with "or Nationality", and another 23 lines with "or 2nd Nationality". 

For a long time I did absolutely no scouting at all because I only played Youth Only, and now I am scouting and buying players I'm all too aware that it's not a strength so I'm looking for someone who plays with quite rigid restrictions to get an insight into how they get around it.

I'm not sure if i'm doing it perfect but some of the details are posted in my topic (Paris FC). i'm not looking into 23 nations but i want players homegrown or playing for the best clubs in my region.

a74e24582e02a7d02f0a9f8d29c04823.png

This is one of my filters.

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Phenomenal!! What a season great going

Edit BTW I think I asked you already but how do you upload these goal highlights? I want to do the same in my Red star thread 

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

I would love to know also...because every once in a while something amazing happens that can't be captured with words or screen shot.

Thanks :) - I use Gyazo for all my images and the capture video/GIF feature too, well worth getting in my opinion :thup: (you need to be connected to the internet for it to work though)

4 hours ago, Rikulec said:

:applause:

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@smp20 A quadruple isn't a bad season, I guess :)

Congrats on becoming the world's major powerhouse! And AFCON success too, hard to top all that :lol:

It'll do :D - 2025 is Club World Cup year so we've got that to look forward to in...well...the next few in-game clicks. Also World Cup 2026 providing we get there.

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'd love to see some pictures of how you set up your scout report screen to filter out illegible players by the way? :thup:

50 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

19 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Thanks for reading @Jimbokav1971 - thought I'd start by replying to this one:

c027eddc78f237d963ad994d8b941335.png

This is what I have setup for player search (and scouting screen). As you can see I haven't filtered out every country, I do that in my head when scrolling through. I also find it interesting to see the other nations in the region - e.g. Nigeria, Ghana etc. even though I can't sign them!

c3910178477c625d90b947447880fa64.png

I leave pretty much everything to my scouting team but with the 'based' in Central, Western, Southern Africa as the general scouting focus. I do set short-term focus' on 15-18 every couple of summers at least to try to find the best eligible youth too.

06db5b6cc05c77331796c41d7268b85b.png

662469e15f16a98d9e5e026a1281943f.png

This is our scouting knowledge, only 20% of the world but close to 90% for Western & Central Africa

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Hi @smp20Just catching up on this now. 

Quick question....

c14e4efa111487d65866975c295d0a29.png

Francophone is French-speaking? Right? 

So it's French-speaking African players, (Rather than actually going by language you've gone for African Countries considered generally French-speaking), which makes sense, but you also have "or of African descent in there". Does that just mean that you will accept these Nations as 2nd Nationalities to consider a player eligible? 

Yeah, I felt that having access to players from the whole of Africa wouldn't be limiting enough, so focused on particular nationalities that would fit the narrative. Excluding the Northern African nations was perhaps a bit harsh but they're a lot more established on the continental and international scene. 2nd Nationalities are absolutely fine, enables lots of French-Africans and also integral for staff recruitment!

West Africa: Senegal, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger

Central Africa: Chad, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Gabon, The Congo, D.R. Congo, Rwanda, Burundi

South/East Africa: Djibouti, Madagascar, Comoros, Mayotte, Reunion, Mauritius, Seychelles

Out of the eligible countries, I don't think I've signed anyone (or youth intake) from those in bold, either first or second nationality. 

I've never seen this as a description before. 

be3327a37da3da2fc2d2cbe612f9481d.png

He's GOT to take free-kicks and penalties hasn't he! ;)

I haven't tried this with keepers on FM20 so far but he'd definitely be a candidate! I assume the description comes from his high eccentricity, rushing out and tendency to punch :lol:

Wow. That's a LOT of money for Sergilio Balde. It's a shame to have to sell him, but that money will also be important so early in the save. :thup:

It was good money back then, but I'm glad we got him back :cool:

I can't remember which Country GUF is, but when you saw this do you not wish that you had included the likes of Martinique even though they are..... are they South American based? It seems a shame to miss out on them in a save such as this. 

Well done for sticking to your guns and remaining French/African only. :applause:

Snap. And even if I had been able to force myself to do that, (it was quite early in the save), I would have absolutely found a way to sign the 2 Martinique players to sweeten the decision.

GUF = French Guiana, technically based on the South American Continent but considered part of North America, while Martinique and Guadeloupe are in the Carribbean. I hate having to release good prospects, but got to stick to Francophone-Africa only; I find once you start breaking any rules it's a slippery slope :stop:

That's quite interesting, (starting database). What else did you do at the start? How many leagues have you got running and what other Nationality players included in starting database? 

e29489ae318bfbf925c89ad0003a6490.png

I haven't changed the selected nations from the start, quite a small setup leagues wise added Belgium due to proximity to Lens as well as their DR Congo ties. I think it was just all players of Central/Western African nationality loaded as well as all international players across the continents. Player's loaded is around 45k right now I assume that's similar to how it started.

You do know you could take them over and then only play French/African players. :lol:

Now that is a possibility, but imagine the uproar when Mbappe and Griezmann are left out :eek:

Great bit of business. There is no way he's worth £160M :herman:

Definitely not, he was the form player of the world at the time, 18 goals in 17 league games, Bayern took in the hype and threw the cash for him. He's now the world's most expensive bench player...

Neymar looks rubbish. :lol:

c6147a33f637c73725c7e69ffe2f8a6a.png

c777a107b6016c57f58fc252ec895725.png

He had a significant drop in form for this season, from his best to his worst!

Thanks for reading and glad you've enjoyed it :D. It's my first delve into International Management for a long time and I've enjoyed it but club football is the bread and butter. As you can see from above, they certainly were reliant on Neymar :lol: - become a one man club since selling on Mbappe really.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I've had the dubious pleasure of managing in Africa (not in football) and there's no way I would want to manage an African national team either :lol:

Well, I suppose it's a lot less hassle in the virtual world :lol:

eb3ab674e65a77e7fbfca8f3d7f98c27.png

f1871693a5e7728ff23e64749e8f5b7e.png

A very quick overview of the player stats before i get stuck into the CWC. Squad Rotation, Injuries and the AFCON meant the game-time was very spread out.

c505c8db513c8be02f25d21c11099888.png

A quick update on the club info, Titi has made it into the 'Legend' column :D. Diakite and Camavinga have made it into the icons, as have 2nd team players Kinfounia and Banza which is odd! Also, season tickets must be highly competitive as they are more expensive (across 19 games) than the average ticket price? :idiot::idiot:

12 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

This might sound strange and yes I possibly am going Lockdown crazy, but every time you mention Andre Onana the 1st line of the following song is played in my head. I think I'm losing my marbles. :lol:

Oh my days this happens to me as well :eek::lol:

ee1fecb826f0b57ade1f972b7c96b03c.png

Wague is injured, but I accidentally missed out the bottom two of the list (Evina & Kassi) assuming everyone in the first team had been selected. D'oh!

484fd27162fa749aba360ef88b89eae3.png

cdc0153c71a537b7f11109cf44de894e.png

Well that didn't go great to be honest. We now have a Swiss President, we're not any richer and he's gone and put in a bid for someone who doesn't meet the criteria...

64d53c4342e8288c7698930efcf913b9.png

b81ebbaec4edf5bed1664901d1d97a48.png

We beat Gremio 2-0 and Mamelodi 6-0, but fitness levels are terrible going into the QF final against Real Madrid. I can only assume it's the same for everyone.

0d523f44b046a684e176e51ecd644df5.png

568750901db93ab93f0578f166ba783e.png

A solid 2-0 win puts us through to the semis to face River Plate. I get the feeling our 2nd string will have to give this one a go!

2 hours ago, smp20 said:

Thanks for reading @Jimbokav1971 - thought I'd start by replying to this one:

c027eddc78f237d963ad994d8b941335.png

This is what I have setup for player search (and scouting screen). As you can see I haven't filtered out every country, I do that in my head when scrolling through. I also find it interesting to see the other nations in the region - e.g. Nigeria, Ghana etc. even though I can't sign them!

c3910178477c625d90b947447880fa64.png

I leave pretty much everything to my scouting team but with the 'based' in Central, Western, Southern Africa as the general scouting focus. I do set short-term focus' on 15-18 every couple of summers at least to try to find the best eligible youth too.

06db5b6cc05c77331796c41d7268b85b.png

662469e15f16a98d9e5e026a1281943f.png

This is our scouting knowledge, only 20% of the world but close to 90% for Western & Central Africa

This looks great. I'm only able to select 'france' and can't select a region. i hope SI will include this for FM21/22

4a5f6dd01a231a3cdf10b7808379f98c.png