The Bhoys From Brazil

Tikka Mezzala

Rio Fergus McCann CSC

The Bhoys From Brazil

Glasgow Celtic have a global fan-base that stretches from one corner of the world to the other. This is largely thanks to the Scottish and Irish diasporas that have made their way to places as far flung as Australia, Hong Kong, Canada, the USA, and, indeed, Brazil. This Football Manager 2020 Career Updates thread is inspired by Celtic's global presence. Having looked around the lower echelons of Brazilian football, I have found clubs that have taken inspiration, either in name or in emblem, from clubs such as Barcelona, FC Porto, Arsenal, and Real Sociedad. This is where inspiration struck! 

Allow me to introduce a new addition to the Brazilian football world: Associação Esportiva Celtic (RJ)

safe_image.jpg.6d73e088fc143d66dcdec3050aedaf57.jpg

The club is based in Macae, in Rio de Janeiro State. It is fan owned and currently only has one non-negotiable principle: play entertaining football (the Celtic way). The club's board of members has managed to secure a stadium in the city of Macae, and after a unanimous vote have renamed it Paradise (they also changed the seats to green!)

Ficheiro:Estádio do Expedicionario.jpg – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia ...

Having crowdfunded (with help from Celtic fans worldwide) to secure enough money to buy a place in the coming State Championship, they begin life in the Campeonato Carioca Serie D: the bottom tier of the Rio de Janeiro State Championships. 

The aims of this save are to try and help this newly formed club rise up the Brazilian pyramid and to make the name Celtic reverberate around South America. As a Celtic supporter myself, and a person who is obsessed with all things Latin America, this save is a combination of two passions. I hope it becomes an enjoyable experience for myself and anyone who chooses to follow. 

8079654D9C92600D3BE6670091035F0372BD456E (1366×768)

image.png

Edited by Tikka Mezzala

image.png

Competitions:

FCDB6EE71D4E3B6F96361791FCB43ACE857B417B (1366×768)

87D7A825BE2F15753328B810FAAD3EE0825C5678 (1366×768)

Campeonato Carioca: Serie D

The State Championships in Rio de Janeiro (state) have four divisions. As a newly formed club, we have bought our place in the bottom rung of the tournament ladder. Our maiden season sees us drawn into group B along with Miguel Couto, Riostrense, and Uniao de Marechal Hermes. I don't really know too much about my opponents, so it will be an opportunity for me to learn about the level of opposition in Rio's bottom tier. The board do not expect anything of us this season, other than to participate and try to keep our pride in tact. So I hope to enjoy the first experience of competitive football with Celtic (RJ). 

The way to win promotion to Campeonato Carioca: Serie C is to get out of the group stage and then win the quarter final tie. All winners of the quarter finals are promoted to Serie C, so that's four teams in total. Even as a pretty average FM player, that sounds doable. 

Pre-Regional

The Pre-Regional tournament is pretty tough for me to figure out. But I think this is how it works: there are two qualifying rounds. These are two-legged play-off ties. The teams who come through the qualifiers go into the Group Stage. From what I can gather, there are around sixteen groups of eight teams. The top two teams from each group qualify for the Brasileirao Serie-Regional. This is the tournament directly below Serie D in the main pyramid. 

Once in the Brasileirao Serie-Regional there are sixteen groups of sixteen teams (one round of fixtures). Four teams from each group qualify for the first knockout round. The important point comes in the next round: the winners of the second knockout round qualify for the last sixteen, but also for next season's Brasileirao Serie-D. 

The tournament then plays through to a final to decide the champions. But sixteen teams are promoted to Serie D and the chance to enter the Brazilian league structure proper. That is the real prize to play for!!! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/05/2020 at 15:49, Tikka Mezzala said:

image.png

Competitions:

FCDB6EE71D4E3B6F96361791FCB43ACE857B417B (1366×768)

87D7A825BE2F15753328B810FAAD3EE0825C5678 (1366×768)

Campeonato Carioca: Serie D

The State Championships in Rio de Janeiro (state) have four divisions. As a newly formed club, we have bought our place in the bottom rung of the tournament ladder. Our maiden season sees us drawn into group B along with Miguel Couto, Riostrense, and Uniao de Marechal Hermes. I don't really know too much about my opponents, so it will be an opportunity for me to learn about the level of opposition in Rio's bottom tier. The board do not expect anything of us this season, other than to participate and try to keep our pride in tact. So I hope to enjoy the first experience of competitive football with Celtic (RJ). 

The way to win promotion to Campeonato Carioca: Serie C is to get out of the group stage and then win the quarter final tie. All winners of the quarter finals are promoted to Serie C, so that's four teams in total. Even as a pretty average FM player, that sounds doable. 

Pre-Regional

The Pre-Regional tournament is pretty tough for me to figure out. But I think this is how it works: there are two qualifying rounds. These are two-legged play-off ties. The teams who come through the qualifiers go into the Group Stage. From what I can gather, there are around sixteen groups of eight teams. The top two teams from each group qualify for the Brasileirao Serie-Regional. This is the tournament directly below Serie D in the main pyramid. 

Once in the Brasileirao Serie-Regional there are sixteen groups of sixteen teams (one round of fixtures). Four teams from each group qualify for the first knockout round. The important point comes in the next round: the winners of the second knockout round qualify for the last sixteen, but also for next season's Brasileirao Serie-D. 

The tournament then plays through to a final to decide the champions. But sixteen teams are promoted to Serie D and the chance to enter the Brazilian league structure proper. That is the real prize to play for!!! 

I'm a Rangers fan but this seems like a really excellent idea - i'd love to know if you have continued this save?