Hi All,

Does anyone have a good 4231 deep tactic?  My guess is that is suited to teams with strong wingers? Here is  my take on this formation.... Results good not spectacular as the strength of team would suggest. Maybe use attacking rather than cautious?

image.thumb.png.2f397fb483e3c4817505ecf135e91442.png

Team seems "ok". Some guys probably can make it as pros, most of them will just rot on the bench I suppose.

Keane is maybe not needed to be defensive? support would suffice as he and one more players already starts in the DM strata.

I would not use as many TIs. 

If you want to use the lower LOE you can bump team mentality to balanced or positive.

Edited by Djuicer

The team has unlimited power!!! Other teams in the league also have extra power so don't worry I'm not a bully:).

Agree with the Keane comment for certain matches. Also have experimented...  and the attacking variant works well with the current player roles.

The positive mentality is more for possession based tactics? Looking more for fast attacking football Man Utd are famed for. Cautious/ balanced mentality away against top teams and Attacking at home and for the fodder :).

Just now, Corperate said:

The team has unlimited power!!! Other teams in the league also have extra power so don't worry I'm not a bully:).

Agree with the Keane comment for certain matches. Also have experimented...  and the attacking variant works well with the current player roles.

The positive mentality is more for possession based tactics? Looking more for fast attacking football Man Utd are famed for. Cautious/ balanced mentality away against top teams and Attacking at home and for the fodder :).

Fair enough. Your team though, Im jelly.

I actually think Keano was a BBM or Segundo Volante in the game, but that might ruin your system.

Yes, and no. Its not that any mentality is a must for any style. The names are somewhat inaccurate. It is more a range from very defensive and upwards steps In all the TIs with every mentality until you reach max at very attacking. If you look at them as numbers instead it might make it more easy to understand (1VD,2,3,4,5,6,7VA).

Would definitely try a positive mentality with that team

Work ball into box as you'll have the quality to pull that off

Remove the focus as you have intelligent enough players to make their own decisions on how to build play

Then you have some contradictory TIs: Play out of defense and counter press suggest you want a possession based style, but the counter TI and the lower LOE are more suited to, well, counter-attacking styles. Given you have a DLP and a trequartista, I'd opt for a more possession-based style. So therefore I'd change the LOE to standard and the LOD to high (if your defenders are fast enough?)

Pressing and tighter marking in my opinion are opposites, so I don't understand why you want to do both at the same time?

In terms of roles & duties, I'd change the BPD to a CD because he has a DLP in front of him to take care of the creative stuff. 

And change the left side: the Winger to support and the FB to attack (provided he is able to contribute)

Actually according to your TIs you have a focus on the flanks an GK distributing to the flanks, so what's the point in having a BPD and a DLP centrally then? 

Edited by GianniM

11 minutes ago, Corperate said:

Looking more for fast attacking football Man Utd are famed for.

In that case I'd try something like this: 

Positive mentality

Drop play out of defense because that's definitely suited for possession only

Still drop the focus like I said before, and work ball into box

Standard tempo and passing (as positive mentality is already slightly faster and more direct, perhaps try one notch higher in the next game and see what it does)

Keep your LOD/LOE as it is

Remove the tighter marking when you want to press and counter-attack quickly

Perhaps try your DM combo as a Segundo Volante (left) and an Anchor Man (right)

Actually, can you post screen shots of each of your starting 11? 

I think the attacking mentality works best, with counter and counterpress in transition. This is because the attacking capabilities of the team lie in top half of the pitch. The team is good enough to play positive and possession football but feel this formation 4231 deep works best as Keane and Scholes are ageing (in this save) and cannot dominate the central midfield as well as before. Also I exploits the flanks as the middle of the field is not occupied.

I feel possession based football works better without the counter TI. Inside forwards on flanks to secure domination in the middle and fullbacks pushing forward either WB support/attack or fullback attack to provide the extra numbers to break the opposing team down.

I can post the database I am using should you wish? GianniM ….. No Sporting Gijon legends though :).

34 minutes ago, Djuicer said:

Fair enough. Your team though, Im jelly.

I actually think Keano was a BBM or Segundo Volante in the game, but that might ruin your system.

Yes, and no. Its not that any mentality is a must for any style. The names are somewhat inaccurate. It is more a range from very defensive and upwards steps In all the TIs with every mentality until you reach max at very attacking. If you look at them as numbers instead it might make it more easy to understand (1VD,2,3,4,5,6,7VA).

'Yes and no' I agree. I agree though that the game is versatile enough to get different styles going on each of the mentality settings and is a guide. But for best results I do think that the attacking should be Counterpress  and Counter, Positive works best with just counterpress, and cautious, balanced best with just counter or no transition TI's. Let me know your thoughts pls

9 minutes ago, Corperate said:

I can post the database I am using should you wish? GianniM ….. No Sporting Gijon legends though :).

Haha fair enough, I'm creating my own legends there :D

Just interested in seeing the attributes of the players you're using to give you the best advice - as far as I'm able to, as I am by no means an expert :)