Force youth team manager to play wonderkids

tmpusr

Youth team managers decide which players to field based on CA instead of PA. While this is expected, it should be possible for the first team manager to suggest/force playing wonderkids to help them develop optimally. Given that one can loan a wonderkid to other teams and "force" them to play him as a first team player, it makes sense to be able to do this in the youth team as well (which is under the manager's authority).

• Administrators

If a player isn't being played because teammates have a higher CA - and presumably so do the opposition - would it be beneficial to throw the player in the so called deep end like that?

I don't disagree with the premise, just curious how beneficial it would be. 

That would depend on the circumstance I believe. In my saves (I typically play in Greece), after a few good seasons both my first and my youth teams become way better than the rest of the league, thus having a youngster play would not harm the team's results (which is important so that they don't get bad match ratings).

That being said, since writing this I figured out that this is already possible though not explicitly: in the "Available first team players for Under 19s match" email, one can set which players should play in the next youth match (and, crucially, their position as well).

Edited by tmpusr

On 11/05/2020 at 02:46, tmpusr said:

Youth team managers decide which players to field based on CA instead of PA. While this is expected, it should be possible for the first team manager to suggest/force playing wonderkids to help them develop optimally. Given that one can loan a wonderkid to other teams and "force" them to play him as a first team player, it makes sense to be able to do this in the youth team as well (which is under the manager's authority).

Even if you don't control the team, if you go to the youth teams tactics page the day before a match, you can select the players and their positions that you want to play

• 4 months later...