Player Search by Local Region and Previous Clubs

Atarin

I'm a stickler for recruiting talent from the local area. As such I'd find it extremely helpful if we had the ability within Player Search to filter by local region. For example, in England you have local regions such as South West, South East, East Midlands.etc

I don't think players are given a birth 'local region' in their data set but it could be inferred by referencing their Place of Birth.

e,g - Name: John McJohnson
         Place of Birth: Exeter
         Exeter = Local Region: South West.

Not all players have their birth city listed. To get around this we could filter by previous club then we could get some idea.

e.g - Name: John McJohnson
        Place of Birth: ?
        Previous Clubs: Truro

On seeing that John McJohnson had played for Truro we could assume that John McJohnson was based in the South West.

A third dimension to this would be the ability to filter a player's previous clubs by Local Region. So rather than laboriously trying every South Western club in the filter you could simply select the option to search for players who have a previous club based in the South West.

You could go even further and have various filter options for previous clubs.

Filter: Previous club by name: Truro

Filter: Previous club by local region: South West

Filter: Previous club in city: Truro

Filter: Previous club at level: 7th Level

Filter: Previous club in country: England

Filter:  Previous club by reputation: ***

Haha, this was exactly one point I was going to suggest when logging in.

Maybe also a "currently living in" region.

This is something that I really really want them to add, along with making it harder for teams lower down the leagues signing players from regions far away.

• 1 month later...