Bankrupt ?

Hello

Is it possipble to go bankrupt im FM20?

The econmy looked good  250 M pound in the bank and we made profit every year until a new board (russian name?) took over. It began good they signed  to players for 60 and 90 M poumd.

I worked inside the wage and transer  budget . Tey allowed to sign payers and now the bak account is empty.

The board decided to built a new 61.000 stadium to Preston NE.

This season we start with a 209 M pound expendiure ground maintenance +

we pay 1,2 M each month to a 135 M pound banklone.

Hpw can I pass the FFP with a projekted loss between 80 and 85 M for each of the next 3 seasons? 

Can I be forced to sell players  ? I fear a Bury or Bolton scenario.

The board have turned down to possible take overs

It isn't possible to go bankrupt in FM. The worst case scenarios involve being banned from Europe, receiving transfer embargos, and suffering points deductions - but these are all still pretty unlikely. If you stick to the budgets, you'll probably be fine.

I never end up playing as big teams, however am doing a Journeyman career and have just got the job at a Bayern Munich who have finished nearly mid table for 3-4 years.

Even when I was in the prem, I never paid more than £60k p/w however When I joined Bayern we’re spending £5m p/w on wages! I’ve knocked that down to about £2.9m p/w and at one point we had about £60m in the bank.

Currently in February and we are £40m in the red... I know you get a lot of prize money in Germany, but fully expect us to get financial penalties in the near future.

You can be forced to sell players if your club is in an extreme situation and goes to an administration. You should get notified by the board during monthly report once the club is nearing this point though and it should be fine unless you don't even have balance or earnings to pay the wages.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/05/2020 at 13:30, Russiandude said:

You can be forced to sell players if your club is in an extreme situation and goes to an administration.

Anyone know if there's any clubs close to this situation at the start of the game? 

Many, many versions ago (99-00, maybe), I remember having some cracking games with Hereford. They started in the Conference with only 16 players and a huge debt. It was a real balancing act getting cheap players in who were good enough, and more often than not, administrators would step in and sell 3-4 of the players to the highest bidder. Remember having to play part of a season without a keeper due to this 😏

Was a proper challenge, would love something similar on FM20.

10 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Anyone know if there's any clubs close to this situation at the start of the game? 

Many, many versions ago (99-00, maybe), I remember having some cracking games with Hereford. They started in the Conference with only 16 players and a huge debt. It was a real balancing act getting cheap players in who were good enough, and more often than not, administrators would step in and sell 3-4 of the players to the highest bidder. Remember having to play part of a season without a keeper due to this 😏

Was a proper challenge, would love something similar on FM20.

Bolton? they are regarded by many as the toughest start in the game for a career save in FM20.

10 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

Bolton? they are regarded by many as the toughest start in the game for a career save in FM20.

I thought they were in a better situation after the patch, but may be wrong?