Football Manager 2021 Wishlist

Salahvation

Hello, everyone. As I'm sure you know, the next version of Football Manager is roughly 6 months away. With that being said, I think it's a good idea to start gouging the community's ideas for the next version of the game.

Edited by Salahvation

A simple one for me to gmet us started.

ON the hairstyles availabkle, please add a curtains style. It's a 90s rites of passage style, and has come back fairly strongly the last few years. In mucn of Aisa, it still remained quitre popular even after dying out in the UK, but there is absiolutely no sign of in on FM.

I'm sure there are other popular hairstyles missing too, but I love the curtains hairstyle and it should be in the game!

5 hours ago, Murdre Dukc said:

New features take longer than 6 months to make, you know. Try making a FM 2022 wishlist instead.

That's the thing about making requests to SI: you're always worried about making them too early, but by the time you do, it's already too late.

On 17/05/2020 at 03:07, Salahvation said:

Hello, everyone. As I'm sure you know, the next version of Football Manager is roughly 6 months away. With that being said, I think it's a good idea to start gouging the community's ideas for the next version of the game. In a week, I will come back to review this post, and the 5 comments with the most upvotes will be the requests I make to the administrators. Got it? Now, post away!

You dont have to select the most popular ones- all suggestions are looked at and reviewed- it is never too early to make a suggestion.

Off the top of my head:

1. International management needs an update desperately. It has to become a lot more in line with club management (i.e. training, interactions, etc.). 

2. Player interactions need more depth and variety. I should be able to re-offer a contract to a player after negotiations broke down the 1st time. There are just too many quick "dead ends" in conversations and negotiations. 

3. More flavor items, like transfer market stories, agent interactions, articles and analysis on team performance in the news. Just more immersion in general.

4. Tactics could use more depth, set piece creator in particular. 

5. AI transfers upgrade. I understand that if a player performs well he'll get looked at by top clubs, but in no way should Burda (Dynamo Kiev) be getting purchased by Tottenham, regardless of his average rating. 

• 2 weeks later...

I play a lot of Out of the Park Baseball as well as FM and I think a couple things can be learnt from management games of other sports. Some of what I would like to see is:

- Facegen: I think it'd be great to be able to have facegens not only for the new players being generated but also for the real players just as in OOTP. In OOTP, the facegen's hat and jersey change depending on the team they're on and I think it would be cool to see the player's image change uniform when they change team.

- Jerseys: On the same note, OOTP uses a jersey template that will translate into the facegen's jersey as well as the 3D in-game jersey. Currently, making 3D kits for FM is a very overwhelming task and perhaps this will simplify how it is done.

- Nicknames: In FM using the nickname function will replace the player's real name as well as shirt name iirc(I haven't used it in a while because of this). In OOTP you can set a nickname and it will show up alongside the player's name in their profile as well as news articles and some other screens, for example it will sow up as Babe "The Bambino" Ruth. Perhaps it could also be coded so it will sometimes be used instead of the player's name in news, such as it is already done with team nicknames.

1. A revitalization of all the dialogue in the game. Player interaction, media interaction, etc. So much of it has stayed the same for years, it's time to freshen it up a lot. Not only in terms of new phrases, but also how players react to them. It's a bit awkward that a player refuses to open contract talks after one chat fails. It's so hard to be diplomatic in this game as opposed to real life where you can always use some well chosen words that fit the situation.

2. More complexity and options to the Development centre. I want to be able to give general instructions to my U23, U18 and my academy. What sort of player should we aspire to develop in our club? What should be our philosophy? I want to be able to select that. Managers taking over individual training for players in the U19 team is unrealistic and should be removed imo - but the instructions we give those teams should make sure they get the training we want from them.

3. Better regen faces, hair, beard, etc.

4. Human Manager attributes. I'd like this changed somewhat. Maybe we shouldn't be allowed to pick our own attributes, but rather start as clean slates and have the attributes change throughout our career based on how well we do. (Players always happy? High man management skills. Etc. Would give extra incentives to do well in all things - to see who can create the perfect manager).

5. More praise when you're doing really well. I feel the game doesn't react realistically enough if you manage to do something batshit crazy like winning a league with a team that isn't expected to win it. I want more news articles about how incredible it is, I want the board to go bananas, etc. If you quit a job where you did incredibly well, the news should be all over it. You should be asked to do interviews a lot afterwards, staff members should be inquiring whether they can join you on your next venture, etc. Maybe some funny news articles about fans going berserk in rage and sorrow.

Also, I don't really see the purpose of the Social Media feed the way it is now. I wouldn't mind it dissappearing.

Edited by OkMarius

- set pieces coach

- please, new questions from the media 

- new regen faces

- more options for tactical training, not just shadowplay training

- we have templates for tactical styles, but now it would be cool to have templates for set pieces (for example, in attacking corners, having a template when choosing to attack the far post, so the players are automatically asigned to certain positions in the area) 

- please take a look in international managment, because we should be able to have training as well, at least for a few days before the matches 

- improve the game pass version 

If SI doesn’t include wage, transfer fee and prize money inflation, I shan’t purchase future versions of FM. 16 seasons into FM19 my wage budget was still set to 5.5 million per week and I can never sell players for much more than 90 million.

Improve and vary stadiums, crowd appearance and chanting.

Include realistic player movements and tricks, such as step-overs, shirt pulling, diving, elbowing, pushing and players not immediately rising from fouls.

Collision detection between players is important and ball movement requires a lot of improvement.

• Administrators

Can I ask that you all make separate threads for your feature requests, please. 

When I sweep through this section it is a lot easier on my end to bookmark and forward on potential features if they are separated: a thread like this with multiple different features, replies and additions throughout would be a big headache to request.