Unofficial French League Superthread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Here he is in my game, end of first season

Thanks, was wondering if he could be an option to replace his brother at Parma for my 4th season. Seems unlikely. Will check him out nonetheless later.

1 minute ago, quee said:

Thanks, was wondering if he could be an option to replace his brother at Parma for my 4th season. Seems unlikely. Will check him out nonetheless later.

Think there'd be better options for you, I'm on a really tight budget and I'm trying to stick to French and African players, plus he's still only 23 in my save so if he's played regularly he could improve quite a bit

FC Metz Season 4 - January & February Results

I had a great 2 months, winning 9 games. Diallo, Bamba, Fulgini all working hard.

image.thumb.png.cc4d940a1998e0744bcd749623863bf7.png

I am currently 5th, 1 point behind 4th place Nanthes.

image.thumb.png.ab348b63350ea0eddd1479d6fd50665a.png

My squad in order of appearences. 

image.thumb.png.85fa86a9d35bf2f33f616cd116f2d57d.png

Diallo has now scored 28 goals in 34 games. What amazes me is he continues to not get picked for Senegal. I have no idea why he isn't getting picked.

My Youth Intake

My Youth intake again has spoiled me with a decent intake.

image.thumb.png.7c03adfd05dcdef2d4b752423bcb34d7.png

The 3 players that stand out are the following.

Pierre Rousseau

image.thumb.png.d1423eeed8e65c12ab5c3187cd3f79cd.png

Another great right back produced, I can see him and Jahier fighting for that position for the next 10 years.

Sylvian Boyer

image.thumb.png.a4524a22dfc909083ea8eda17440819d.png

6ft 2 Goalie who has already got 17 in Determination. He has the potential to be my number 1 Goalkeeper for many years.

Khalid Afkir

image.thumb.png.229c76451cbcc6c44d704014b72886c8.png

6ft 3 defender, versatile, can play as right back, left back and central defender, with his height I will look to play him as a centre back.

37 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Think there'd be better options for you, I'm on a really tight budget and I'm trying to stick to French and African players, plus he's still only 23 in my save so if he's played regularly he could improve quite a bit

Agreed, just from a story connection and perspective it would be better to be replaced by a brother :lol: I enjoy this little quirks tbh :D

My European adventure is over for this season

image.thumb.png.05c6bdcb3d38b31008d9034b3255a88a.png

In the league we started well in April but then lost 3 games in a road, bounced back with a win against Marseille.

image.thumb.png.eee3f35fa1683de2c1d71dd18abd57a8.png

I am currently 6th place, neck and neck on points with Amiens who beat me recently. 5 games left. Its going to be a stressful 5 league games ahead for me coming up.

9 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Great updates guys, good to see you all cracking on. Too many posts to comment on individually, but I'm pleased Diallo wants to stay at Metz, and sorry to see Arab getting injured. Sochaux have been storming it, so that's what I have to try and copy.

Yup that was very unfortunate! I just hope his attributes don't take too much of a knock in the next few months.

8 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Lol well you got him in good form as he is banging them in for me now. 20 goals in 24 games. Diallo is back and wont be going anywhere.

Wow he is a beast!!

8 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah he will go down as a FC Metz legend by the time he retires.

Also one of my youth prospects for a few seasons a go is performing very well.

I present to you Paul Jahier

Also Said Arab scored 2 goals on his debut in the cup game I lost 3-2 but he performed very well and will get more game time.

Jahier looks good but I get very confused because you use real pics for new-gens!! How do you tell after a few years lol

7 hours ago, AddicksFan said:

So my 1st season in charge of Sochaux ends...What can only be described as a great season

Super stuff, well done! I can't find Kebbeh in my game, where does he start off?

6 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

FC Metz Season 4 - January & February Results

I had a great 2 months, winning 9 games. Diallo, Bamba, Fulgini all working hard.

Diallo has now scored 28 goals in 34 games. What amazes me is he continues to not get picked for Senegal. I have no idea why he isn't getting picked.

Great progress for you too! This is one of my gripes with FM, players get picked more for ability & reputation rather than performances. You will see the same from AI transfers as well, they will shell out huge money on under-performing players or even those who don't play purely on perceived ability & reputation.

54 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

@karanhsingh Thanks, Kebbeh starts off at Accra Lions, he's Gambian so maybe check their national team...I've loaded a large DB with Europe and Africa, I've not selected players in nation....I have around 98K players.

No he's definitely not on my game. Guess he got missed out. Anyway now it's all about new-gen hunting for me :D 

Guys, the 2022 world cup has come and gone, ACON qualifiers have come and gone, but still not a single job opening in Africa. I can't figure out what is going on.

I have applied for the France job as a laugh though.

FC Metz Season 4 Review

Well I managed to get my highest end of season position so far with ending up 5th place in the league and getting European football again.

I was a bit gutted as I wanted to get top 4 but I suppose 5th is better then 6th.

image.thumb.png.e55c7bc8962d8b4ff614f2031c341edf.png

Diallo had his best season for Metz banging in 41 goals in 47 games. 

image.thumb.png.d02df2b355897224780e5ee4e71d1e71.png

Angelo Fulgini had another great season with 12 assists and 5 goals. 

image.thumb.png.659deceaf731be52d3dd3ce6fd0a1f31.png

On loan signing Claudio Gomes is going to be sorely missed after another fantastic season for me but Man City want him back and wont let me loan him back.

image.thumb.png.fbcb02fa12b68cc45887de02300fc690.png

Jonathan Bamba had a good season for me on the wing banging in 11 goals and getting 10 assists.

image.thumb.png.31533f15eb9aaa151e102c18f4c69a36.png 

This is the squad overall this season.

image.thumb.png.86e43dae229a3b32acf89ee85df9f12b.png

My usual line up

image.thumb.png.572d7ade9baa2a3b3c79cc058875df49.png

Diallo won Best African Player award

image.thumb.png.6601035e66d3e3080875f3a2309e43fc.png

Claudio Gomes won the Ligue 1 Conforama Players Most Promising Player award.

image.thumb.png.fba84f476623f12090363bd20a2d0328.png

My goalie Marco Bizot made the Ligue 1 Stars Team Of The Year

image.thumb.png.f0129009bde267134ff2124d0450e902.png

Diallo won the Ligue 1 Topscorer award with 32 goals in 36 league games.

image.thumb.png.16b7b02256e7ecb16f858523b165a6c5.png

Diallo made the Ligue 1 XI of the season

image.thumb.png.7ce14ac06a3c6d03d9d86a7464d9443a.png

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

He is hitting his peak years at 27 years old now so the best is yet to come hopefully.

Oh, loads left in the tank then. He went to Metz in 2013/14 so that's a 10 year spell (with some time out on loan in earlier years)

African Cup Of Nations Update

I got 12 players from FC Metz going to the African Cup Of Nations, Diallo being one of them. I hope he gets some game time.

image.thumb.png.0f0360c3784a562f6de4d565e4c917cc.png

Here is my starting line up for Cameroon for the African Cup Of Nations.

image.thumb.png.bd0e9cca2f12687f850e7cb4d6c7b4f6.png

4 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

They have been mate. Leicester and Leeds recently, rumours that Chelsea and Tottenham were watching him in the winter too. He'll move, I'm sure of it.

I would love to see Diallo play in the Premiership so I can see him on tv. I might watch some FC Metz games if they are on telly in the UK but there aint much French League football broadcasted in the UK.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I would love to see Diallo play in the Premiership so I can see him on tv. I might watch some FC Metz games if they are on telly in the UK but there aint much French League football broadcasted in the UK.

My money would be on him going to either Leicester, Newcastle, West Ham (shudder) or Aston Villa if they stayed up. French footie is on BT Sport, well not anymore this season as it's been cancelled. 

I was reading my FM17 guide earlier, not bad predictions on Diallo & Sarr :cool:

FC Metz (1000-1)

So, we're left with the three teams that the media tip for relegation. As you can see from the club map, perhaps unsurprisingly these are the same three teams that were just promoted from Ligue 2. Metz finished 3rd last year, but have been given the best chance of survival - and I would be inclined to agree with that. This club has produced the likes of Cornet (Lyon) and Diafra Sakho (West Ham) in recent years, so have a decent record at least with strikers. Of the current crop, loan forward Mevlut Erdinc adds some top flight know-how to the team, and he will have young prospect Habib Diallo helping him out after a good goal ratio last season. Time will tell if the central midfield options of Renaud Cohade, Georges Mandjeck and Cheick Doukoure can do the job required, but winger Ismaila Sarr is a hot prospect to keep an eye on.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

My money would be on him going to either Leicester, Newcastle or (if they stayed up) Aston Villa. French footie is on BT Sport, well not anymore this season as it's been cancelled. 

I was reading my FM17 guide earlier, not bad predictions on Diallo & Sarr :cool:

FC Metz (1000-1)

So, we're left with the three teams that the media tip for relegation. As you can see from the club map, perhaps unsurprisingly these are the same three teams that were just promoted from Ligue 2. Metz finished 3rd last year, but have been given the best chance of survival - and I would be inclined to agree with that. This club has produced the likes of Cornet (Lyon) and Diafra Sakho (West Ham) in recent years, so have a decent record at least with strikers. Of the current crop, loan forward Mevlut Erdinc adds some top flight know-how to the team, and he will have young prospect Habib Diallo helping him out after a good goal ratio last season. Time will tell if the central midfield options of Renaud Cohade, Georges Mandjeck and Cheick Doukoure can do the job required, but winger Ismaila Sarr is a hot prospect to keep an eye on.

It's nice to see your previous write up on Metz.

I forgot French footy was on BT Sports. I might watch FC Metz a few times next season if Diallo stays there.

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

I watch a fair bit of French football, it can be good. I usually avoid PSG games, even though they're by far the most entertaining side. Nobody can compete, so it's a bit dull at the same time.

Yeah its like the Scottish Prem where Celtic dominate every year. I watch a few Lyon games as they are my favorite French team but I might watch a few other teams now as well.

Well Guiagon wanted to go to a bigger club so I accepted that and I had offers for him from Everton,Sheff Utd and Monaco.

I rejected the Monaco bid as I don't want to help my rivals but then Lyon come in for an offer of £21m for him, I asked my Chairman to negotiate for higher bid hoping it would put them off and then they come back with a £25m bid.

image.thumb.png.cce4bd465de2b8bd378c97993ee09ada.png

image.thumb.png.2cada6634011d04c66afb7d58fb9a61f.png

image.thumb.png.24b75bf51b4dadf4517374709e7a9691.png

I will sell him to Lyon cos I need the money as my finances aint too good, I am predicted to be -£30m by the end of next season so player sales are needed.

I have also accepted a bid from Stoke for midfielder Teboho Mokoena as it was a decent deal and I fancied changing up my midfield.

image.thumb.png.353dcb4197129c8a00d4a2c1d5c37562.png

Mokoena Gone

So after 3 great seasons at FC Metz Teboho Mokoena has left to go to Stoke for a deal that is valued at £16.75m. I signed him for £500k so that is a great profit on the player.

He was a great servant to the club but he needed to leave to progress his career and I wish him the best at Stoke.

image.thumb.png.2a9d1c2273c38a5e31276515d326f1b8.png

image.thumb.png.79add9e67596cce44568f511c0563cac.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Guiagon Gone

Parfait Guiagon has left the club after 3 great years at FC Metz including scoring a winning goal from a free kick in the Cup final. He will go down as a legend at Metz for doing that but again he was a player that needed to be moved on for his career.

He went to Lyon which I was annoyed at but they gave me the best offer for him and I need the money.

He went for £25m which is another player who I sold for great profit as I only signed him for £210k.

image.thumb.png.dc98ef1a06ee76d5ee24ce83de04ba81.png

image.thumb.png.0280aeef66fb44e91631bfd85e614ceb.png

I forgot that African Stars get 40% on the profit from the transfers. A nice windfall for them with £7.75m going in their bank account. I am glad I am helping African football. Hopefully they will invest it in better youth facilities.

image.thumb.png.d22f2c3ecfdc4c0673dec35d2a0d82af.png

My bank balance is very nice now with £35m in the bank.

image.thumb.png.2e547540a294f170d050365c79dd9058.png

Better financial projection as well.

image.thumb.png.5c34c3261a6a7e9a3c34d3a9c1c855fb.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham