Unofficial French League Superthread

34 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cheers Jogo.

I aint got a clue how to help you. Maybe start a post in the General Discussion thread and hopefully someone will help you.

Not to worry, i did it the long way and then moved them back to the 2nd squad. Luckily it seems none of them got all precious about being promoted and demoted almost immediately.

But there must be a better way, surely.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

220px-Lille_OSC_logo.png

season 2 update transfer window

Despite winning the league in our first year, there really weren't that many quality players interested in us. Our transfer budget was more than enough for this though.

The outs:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.7b04c0ea9b6376d34d8f17925e7d24bd.png

Xeka and Araujo the 2 worth mentioning. Schalke made a monster bid for Xeka which we couldn't decline and Araujo was no longer needed after we brought in a new winger.

The transfers coming in:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.85c4728ba54727300ab298bbbe1f6406.png

For 1.5 million coming in is Arthur Zagré. Promising left back that has actually already started for us in the first few games. I couldn't really find a good value signing so I thought he would be a good choice. Certainly a long way to go for him but he has serious potential.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.df299d3a283f0b68e96fe0bf7e10bb2a.png

Coming in for 7 million is Adrian Fein. I liked him for that money as a replacement for Xeka. Not the fastest player but great technically and mentally.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.5eee76f28bea9d90c9578b37e134512e.png

transfer listed so we only paid 9 million for Diaby. We moved Weah to RW and him to LW along with Bamba. Trying to keep a decent number of French players in the squad so that was another plus here.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.a357258920813e6739bae2d67f59d858.png

Despite having 2 RBs in the squad we couldn't say no here when Nice offered 10 million for him, so we outbid them. 

Unbenannt.thumb.png.052e65085fa53b0f81880b07327bf019.png

And finally for 15 million which can rise to 20 Million joining is Onguene. Just love everything about this player.

overall:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.3e99267a4608b8e0b9631e8c22248463.png

In other news, Nantes just had a tycoon takeover so we might have another problem on our hands. PSG had a meh transfer window. They got Semedo, Pereira, Mendy and Gabriel Jesus. Certainly good but they could have done a lot better.

9 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Made a post, would love it if you guys checked it out. I am delighted with my domestic performance but that CL final really hurts lol

I'll take a look when I get a moment.

@bendixkunert2 Some nice signings there at Lille. I've managed Diaby & Zagre before, not the others. But I like the French theme where possible., 

I just pulled a transfer masterstroke and sold Fulgini who was starting to slow down for £26.5m to Wuhan. He was only worth £8m but I had a inbox item saying Wuhan ready to buy Fulgini for £26.5m so I offered him out for that much. I wasn't expecting anyone to get back to me but Wuhan did. I then thought that Fulgini would reject the move but he didn't lol.

I robbed Wuhan FC lol.

image.thumb.png.57458e8406b9a2eb71b48955aa307355.png

To the guys who just come in here to post that they have a new post in their career thread it might be worth mentioning a bit about how your save is going like Jogo does instead of just saying you got a new post in your career thread. I aint having a go as everyone is welcome. I am just trying to help get people to look at your career thread.

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

To the guys who just come in here to post that they have a new post in their career thread it might be worth mentioning a bit about how your save is going like Jogo does instead of just saying you got a new post in your career thread. I aint having a go as everyone is welcome. I am just trying to help get people to look at your career thread.

Nah fair point. I was just devastated at the CL loss lol. Did great in the league though: 

1921758740_Screenshot2020-06-03at22_58_25.thumb.png.c8d0935396c10e927d6b40294e8b502a.png

Totally revamped team: 

1314581541_Screenshot2020-06-03at22_57_21.thumb.png.0c2f06248cc3ae84610160a736b64e42.png

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

You could always add the Mexico league just so you can buy him once the Mexican league comes available.

Here is the Ivory Coast squad as of December 2024

Thanks quite a few common players as is to be expected 

7 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Royer has scored 20 goals now in 23 games and still got half the season to go.

image.thumb.png.138275e064437b892bc0b6b373462768.png

I am currently 4th in the league, neck and neck with Marseille on points who are 3rd, PSG has 49 points and Lyon have 50 points. I can't see me getting higher then 3rd place. Luckily I am 10 points ahead of 5th place but its only January so still plenty of time for things to change.

Great going! Royer coming along very well and I see now rated as a wonder kid. You definitely have a gem on your hands. 

7 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Royer and Metz are rocking along very nicely. Keep it up, hopefully you can get a Champions League spot.

I'm about to begin pre-season friendlies, I think my incoming business is already complete though, I have resisted temptation with upgrades and have made just one definite first team signing.

Does anybody know how to easily register your Ligue 1 squad with some extra players without moving all the 2nd Team players to the first team squad and then moving them back out after registration? I have about 20 players in my 2nd team that I would like to stay there, but I also want to have them registered for the main squad as a contingency.

Last year I registered only 25 players, and when I had an injury crisis in the last week or two, I couldn't call up and register any of the 2nd team. No wonder some of them had been miffed all season that I hadn't registered them...

Yes when doing the registration you can filter to view your B squad and U19 squad as well, then select the players you want. In France I always select everyone anyway. 

6 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

220px-Lille_OSC_logo.png

Despite winning the league in our first year, there really weren't that many quality players interested in us. Our transfer budget was more than enough for this though.

The outs

Xeka and Araujo the 2 worth mentioning. Schalke made a monster bid for Xeka which we couldn't decline and Araujo was no longer needed after we brought in a new winger.

The transfers coming in:

For 1.5 million coming in is Arthur Zagré. Promising left back that has actually already started for us in the first few games. I couldn't really find a good value signing so I thought he would be a good choice. Certainly a long way to go for him but he has serious potential.

Coming in for 7 million is Adrian Fein. I liked him for that money as a replacement for Xeka. Not the fastest player but great technically and mentally.

transfer listed so we only paid 9 million for Diaby. We moved Weah to RW and him to LW along with Bamba. Trying to keep a decent number of French players in the squad so that was another plus here.

Despite having 2 RBs in the squad we couldn't say no here when Nice offered 10 million for him, so we outbid them. 

And finally for 15 million which can rise to 20 Million joining is Onguene. Just love everything about this player.

overall:

In other news, Nantes just had a tycoon takeover so we might have another problem on our hands. PSG had a meh transfer window. They got Semedo, Pereira, Mendy and Gabriel Jesus. Certainly good but they could have done a lot better.

Great transfer business there, solid additions. It's not easy to improve what's already a strong squad. 

5 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Without getting all political about it, I don't mind at all that you have robbed a team from Wuhan :lock:

LOL 

5 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Fair enough I'll do the same whenever I can get back to playing my game! 

21 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

There are so many but I would say Lyon, Rennes and Metz are the best clubs to look at.

Rennes definitely looks like a good one. Lille for some reason on my saves always has good players too. Trying to poach them young before PSG get to them and end up with them Club Grown for the CL. 

1 hour ago, Travis Bickle said:

Do you guys have any advice which is the best French club to poach youngsters from?

French youngsters come from all over to be honest. One under the radar pick is Tours FC I've found 2 absolute gems from their youth system. 

5 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Yes when doing the registration you can filter to view your B squad and U19 squad as well, then select the players you want. In France I always select everyone anyway. 

Thanks, I knew there must be a way! I will check that next time the game is open :thup:

1 hour ago, Travis Bickle said:

Do you guys have any advice which is the best French club to poach youngsters from?

I was going to say look at OM as they seem to be by far the strongest club in France in your save :lol:

But seriously, I would agree with OL, Rennes, Metz and I'd add Nantes and Monaco to those.

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

I was going to say look at OM as they seem to be by far the strongest club in France in your save :lol:

But seriously, I would agree with OL, Rennes, Metz and I'd add Nantes and Monaco to those.

Haha. Funnily enough my board refuses to improve over "Adequate/Average" youth recruitment. Seems to me the only way I'll be able to get some good youngsters is poaching them. 

2 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Haha. Funnily enough my board refuses to improve over "Adequate/Average" youth recruitment. Seems to me the only way I'll be able to get some good youngsters is poaching them. 

Nothing wrong with poaching youngsters. I am doing a bit of that at Metz as well as bringing my own youngsters through.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Nothing wrong with poaching youngsters. I am doing a bit of that at Metz as well as bringing my own youngsters through.

In the early years you were grabbing my Lorient players and targets before they'd even finished writing their signatures on my contracts :herman::lol:

To learn you were doing more poaching than me with my eggs and toast on a Saturday morning comes as no surprise at all :brock:

12 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

In the early years you were grabbing my Lorient players and targets before they'd even finished writing their signatures on my contracts :herman::lol:

To learn you were doing more poaching than me with my eggs and toast on a Saturday morning comes as no surprise at all :brock:

Oh yeah I thought he meant poaching newgens from other teams but yeah I saw the talent in Lorient and raided them lol.

20 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

15 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Is there anything you guys look for in a newgen? I generally look at the determination attribute and then their personality as well as attributes obviously. 

14 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

220px-Lille_OSC_logo.png

The outs:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.7b04c0ea9b6376d34d8f17925e7d24bd.png

The transfers coming in:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.85c4728ba54727300ab298bbbe1f6406.png

Unbenannt.thumb.png.df299d3a283f0b68e96fe0bf7e10bb2a.png

Unbenannt.thumb.png.5eee76f28bea9d90c9578b37e134512e.png

Unbenannt.thumb.png.a357258920813e6739bae2d67f59d858.png

Unbenannt.thumb.png.052e65085fa53b0f81880b07327bf019.png

overall:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.3e99267a4608b8e0b9631e8c22248463.png

Nice one window. Really like those signings. Wague has been great for me. Can’t get him to sign permanently at the moment sadly, but will definitely do all I can to make him do so. 

Good luck with the season. Be interesting to see how active Nantes are.

Just caught up on all your threads...keep up the good work everyone...

Meanwhile back at Sochaux, my scouts recommended this fellow, managed to snap him up for £600K, couldn't resist, he's likely going to start for me next season, looks great and he's versatile too, Fonsinho is just returning from 8 Months out so not sure how he's going to play after such a significant injury..so I pulled the tirgger on the deal

image.thumb.png.d8f503762af9e10347631a6be749dfc6.png

Edited by AddicksFan

1 hour ago, AddicksFan said:

Just caught up on all your threads...keep up the good work everyone...

Meanwhile back at Sochaux, my scouts recommended this fellow, managed to snap him up for £600K, couldn't resist, he's likely going to start for me next season, looks great and he's versatile too, Fonsinho is just returning from 8 Months out so not sure how he's going to play after such a significant injury..so I pulled the tirgger on the deal

I remember him from last FM too. He's definitely great at dribbling. 

FC Metz Winter Window Transfers

First of all transfers out. I sold Diallo to Cagiliri for £4.5m, Ismalia Soro went to Brighto for £7.5m, Jean Claude Ntenda went to AJ Auxerre for £2.5m, Liam Bern went to Getafe for £1m, Amine Gouri went to FC Strasbourg for £2.5m and finally Angelo Fulgini went to Wuhan for £26.5m. 

So I got £44.5m in player sales which is pretty good as most of them were not good enough for my first team.

Transfers In

Salif N'Guessan

image.thumb.png.97642ecfadff7e2282ff0fb6569441e4.png

I poached this Striker/Winger from AS Monaco for £725k. 4 yellow stars potential and could become 5 start potential. Only 15 years old as well. I will be putting him in a mentor group asap as his Fickle personality worries me.

Vic Chambaere

image.thumb.png.0d7125076a5e6e50115cd8245faae672.png

Even though he isn't French or African I made an exception as he is a decent back up goalie, He only cost me £69k from KRC Gent. He has a Fairly Determined personality which is good.

Joel Felder

image.thumb.png.a87d063eb2ba4f421410d68707f0b95f.png

An excellent left back I signed from Monaco for £7.5m. I need a really good left back as I always seem to have ok to good left backs at Metz but never had anyone as good as Jahier who is my number 1 right back. He can also play as a centre back but I will be playing him as my main left back. At 18 years old has 4-5 star potential.

Romuald Koua

image.thumb.png.4a389ab881ee5eb0d0c4124621bb5ba5.png

I managed to sign this Advanced Playmaker from my feeder team Paris FC and he looks like a right good player in the making. He is already improving in training and is versatile, he can play on the left wing and in centre midfielder.

Nice AFCON win, congrats. You're at that stage with Metz now where your older 'real players' are being moved on and all you can do is bring in young players (newgens). It's a stage I never get to (and I am very much OK with that), but good luck for the season end.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

FC Metz December & January Results

I had a hell of a run during December and January. I only lost once, losing 2-1 to OGC Nice. 

image.thumb.png.f21d512901fd17b129f6bd21eff2fe7c.png

The best result was a 2-1 win over PSG.

image.thumb.png.b1f56510e5d20d502a04c63a2911b7b2.png

I am currently 4th still neck and neck with Marseille on points and 5 points behind 2nd place Lyon who I just beat.

I also have got Dijon in the French Cup Quarter Finals.

image.thumb.png.0e949e9803bce7351c7be96f971cf009.png

Royer continues to score with 22 goals in 26 games. 

image.thumb.png.7769ef222393a3484494496f25176dcd.png

I am about to sign this great player called Djibrail Dib for £6m, an absolute bargain when he has 16 assists already and 6 goals from 22 games.

image.thumb.png.d2765f5e41a36ca731a3341d2606029d.png

My overal squad so far this season.

image.thumb.png.8f29d4b13625d9821f911c8c93e96022.png

3 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Nice AFCON win, congrats. You're at that stage with Metz now where your older 'real players' are being moved on and all you can do is bring in young players (newgens). It's a stage I never get to (and I am very much OK with that), but good luck for the new season

Yeah I much prefer real players if I am honest but the temptation is always there to sign regens who are cheap etc.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I much prefer real players if I am honest but the temptation is always there to sign regens who are cheap etc.

Doing well in the league still. I remember the name Dib when you wrote it but admit I'd never heard of him until I saw the name on my game yesterday or the day before (quite an unusual name). He is well rated at OL at age 18 so hope he will do well for you.Here he is at 18 by the way.

725331688_DjibralDib_Profile.thumb.png.3ac4d71e16646cf07a5e3e208e726c75.png

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Doing well in the league still. I remember the name Dib when you wrote it but admit I'd never heard of him until I saw the name on my game yesterday or the day before (quite an unusual name). He is well rated at OL at age 18 so hope he will do well for you.Here he is at 18 by the way.

725331688_DjibralDib_Profile.thumb.png.3ac4d71e16646cf07a5e3e208e726c75.png

Yeah my DOF got him on loan for me and I kept him for a few years but Lyon always wanted so much money for him so I am happy I got the right price for him now.

I am hoping to get Claudio Gomes in the summer for a decent price as he has been excellent for me so far.

Sochaux - End of Season 2

The King Kebbeh club Awards

image.thumb.png.1ec6a7509cbde8eccb00fc7ca0b53aba.png

Final Months Results - Injuries and suspensions started taking their toll

image.thumb.png.d2addb7b60e954626f6359ce8085c460.png

We managed to finish 4th...a great achievement, Bordeaux got relegated, might be looking at who I can pick up on the cheap from them

image.thumb.png.be5b6654f6b0614f25f794be319d4705.png

Finances looking good, especially after receiving the £11M for finishing 4th.....Transfer budget for next season is pretty much non-existent, will need to sell if I want to buy anyone of quality

image.thumb.png.bd75726734423c318bae3c9c1565eedd.png

Signing of the season and probably up there for defender of the season too, not bad for £100K

image.thumb.png.cebc9dfd463425c4407a2310cb3f0b0d.png

King Kebbeh

image.thumb.png.0dd15ab5b0c8583b4f53b30e59fe274b.png

Jessim will be our centre forward for many years to come as long as no-one comes in for him during the summer!! 29 starts 6 off the bench, 20 goals in all comps

image.thumb.png.78c4e7c0fcc7b246dd550fdc878ba3e7.png

Ouattara managed 28 starts 1 off the bench for 15 goals and 4 assists in all comps

image.thumb.png.db338acb57bd78b1b20e62043d70a73c.png

My youth is looking pretty tasty with both these full backs being 1st teamers next season

image.thumb.png.ae24b297006d3f45a3803dafa2c96c71.png

image.thumb.png.6267f03cec484b82c3cc872925b8d5a7.png

U18's

image.thumb.png.408f260bb00d25f561d0c2d61d97ce7b.png

18 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Might be worth you talking about your career thread a bit in here to entice others to come check out your career buddy. Up to you but people will be inclined to check out your career if you mention a bit about it in here.

I will try.

My Career save is about the adventures of a Ligue2 team that is in Clermont, France. They have a bunch of players no one ever heard of but through perseverance and luck are headed to European Glory.

The team shows the struggles of a small budget. I only use players my scouts find and have kept many of the original players into what is now the 4rth season.

This is the star player of the team:

CH0wyC.jpg

He was on the team as a squad player when I started he is the Homegrown Star. I tuned down 19million for him, because I need him for Euro Cup Registration.

Just now, Hootieleece said:

I will try.

My Career save is about the adventures of a Ligue2 team that is in Clermont, France. They have a bunch of players no one ever heard of but through perseverance and luck are headed to European Glory.

The team shows the struggles of a small budget. I only use players my scouts find and have kept many of the original players into what is now the 4rth season.

This is the star player of the team:

CH0wyC.jpg

He was on the team as a squad player when I started he is the Homegrown Star. I tuned down 19million for him, because I need him for Euro Cup Registration.

Yeah you could just do a quick update in here and then go more in depth in your career thread. If you want to just alert people when you have an update in your career thread then carry on. Do what you prefer to do. I just think you will get more people post in your career thread if you talk about it a bit in here as not everyone goes in the career threads section.

@AddicksFan Great work with Sochaux to finish 4th. I tried to snatch Jessim a few times but they want 20 times more than his £64,000 value and I have alternatives at the club now anyway.

I did pick up Trabelsi at the start of my first season as I needed any right-back who met my criteria and was young enough to sit in the Under 19 squad. I like the look of Galves (who was on my shortlist) and Camele (for reasons I will explain below). But I noticed that Nebodon, Viltard, Delphis, Ngeumbeu, Alvero, Saco, Youlou and Grillot in your youth team all look great prospects. You have even more in your 2nd Team, whilst Ndiaye and Virginius are already in the first team and looking good (the latter particularly).

* I spent ages getting in suitable players under 19 for my Under 19 squad ahead of season 2. Sadly, I now find that four of them (aged 18) are too old to be eligible due to the rules which I didn't bother to check up on. I'm now having a last minute panic on to find a left-back and a couple of others as the left-back I signed just for this Under 19 squad in the summer is not allowed to play (age 18) and I have no other left-backs in that group. I've had to loan him and a couple of others out, because my 2nd Team is already properly balanced. 

Edited by Jogo Bonito

OGC Nice - Season 2019/20, Season 1 First half

298231761_NICEFM20.png.997f5ae03f126b7499c5b600b9114d06.png

Transfers

Out

68408357_Transfersout.thumb.png.43c173996df45b5f7e2c6821e745c2d3.png

There were a couple of departures in the pre-season and 1 more followed in January. Patrick Burner left to join Newcastle first of all. I was originally planning on loaning him out as he looked quite good, but with the superb right back options already at the club he was never going to get a look in this season. However Newcastle came in with a bid and then matched my asking price. I reluctantly accepted after Burner himself pushed for the move. But quite happy with the amount we received. 

Arnaud Lusamba left to join Watford in the summer. I did not really see a place for him in the side and his stats were not really very appealing. Not sure he will be missed and will be surprised if he lasts long at Watford. 

Danilo was one I was expecting to be a big player for me. Someone I have rated highly in previous versions of FM. He was struggling to get into the side though and started to become a real bad egg behind the scenes and was seemingly taking his frustrations out on the pitch when he got game time. picking up frequent red and yellow cards. In the end I decided to just get rid and take the only bid I could get for him. Feel had it gone differently I may have been getting closer to £20m for him eventually but he was never looking like breaking into the side ahead of Cyprien and Pierre Lees-Melou. 

In 

Yoane Wissa - Lorient, £2.6m

First through the door was Yoan Wissa, With a fairly small squad and not a too hefty budget I was looking for a bit of value in the market and think I definitely found this with Wissa. He gives me good cover on the left hand side and also up top and fits in to my side well. Quite well rounded without standing out in any particular area he's made the step up to Ligue 1 well. I originally planned to use him more on the wing, but he is currently part of my first choice strike partnership having performed well up there. 

125157537_YoanneWissa.thumb.png.e5f852a0d0a8856807d059411ada8de6.png

Kostas Tsimikas - Olympiakos, £8.5m 

Our big money signing was Tsimikas. Left back was the area I highlighted when I joined as the area I wanted to strengthen the most. Durmisi is there on loan and Nsoki can play there, but I wasn't convince by either to be regular starters this season and I don't see Durmisi being a long term player for me. Tsimikas was the standout option for me and despite the fee being quite large for the budget I had, I think he will hold down that position for a long time and is solid in defence as well as being very good going forward. 

Tsimikas.thumb.png.f84e4255b526eb90dccce46b8256ac97.png

Mustapha Bundu - AGF £2.1m 

After looking for a cheap option to offer some depth on the right hand side, we brought in Bundu from the Danish league. I was looking for a direct, pacy player for the right hand side to bring on against tiring defences and I think Bundu offers that. Lacking on the mental side of the game, but I hope he can improve on this and he has had some very good cameos, changing a few games for us. I was very shocked to see that before his move to Denmark he was a Hereford superstar, scoring 17 in 17 games. Crazy.

Bundu.thumb.png.db3f332b02db0ed1c6c4a975df343fd6.png

Torgeir Borven - Odd 800k 

I bought Borven in as a striking option with my plan to play an attacking 4-4-2. I have a number of players that can play up top, but they're all more suited to being wingers. Aside from Dolberg and some promising youngsters, Borven is the only true striker we have, I don't think he'll be sticking around too long as I don't want to stunt said youngsters development, but he will do for this year. 

Fixtures

Fixtures.thumb.png.b8be2171ec789e37f5885d2c54ad15b7.png

102980522_Fixtures2.thumb.png.c0ae377e97a426440526ff4ac07aa86b.png

We made a superb start to the season, going on a very long unbeaten run to begin with, picking up some promising wins against the likes of Lyon and Marseille and scoring a lot of goals in the process. Monaco put a stop to that with a 1-0 win at our place and since then the goals haven't been quite as free flowing. We still picked up a number of wins and a decent point against PSG (we annoyingly lost a 3 goal lead in that one though), but the January form has been pretty patchy and I think I need to take a look at the tactics as it seems teams may have sussed us out a bit. We went out of the Coupe de la Ligue early, fielding a very young side, but we have been better in the French cup and have a quarter final to look forward to. 

1083821438_LeagueTable.thumb.png.baeff217c9679f7b8447e8e44be576b9.png

We enter February on the tails of PSG in second place, but do have a precious game in hand. Thankfully they haven't quite been the unstoppable force they usually are. I hope I can keep up the pace and give them a battle to the end of the season, but recent form will need to pick up if we are to do so. We had a 5 point lead at the middle of January. 

The Squad 

1870451435_Squad1.thumb.png.77e395d764cae9c1e482dcf6ed2d2b5e.png

124818486_Squad2.thumb.png.9aab8566a2b97a1c21e9352102e11b09.png

We have been operating an attacking 4-4-2 in most games. The team revolves around the midfield partnership of Cyprien and Lees Melou. They've both been tremendous and have allowed me to play without the extra midfielder. Lees Melou has been a very pleasant surprise. Admittedly of seen very little of him irl but I have been hugely impressed with him on this. Dolberg has been lethal in front of goal, leading the scoring charts with Moussa Dembele. The wings are the position that see most rotation, but the preferred duo at the moment is Atal and Claude-Maurice. Bundu, Ounas, Maolida and Wissa give us options there as well, but they can all play in multiple positions which is nice. Ideally I'd be playing Atal at right back but I can't justify leaving him or Wague on the bench, so they form a partnership instead. If I am unable to get Wague permanently, it is good to know I have such a good player to slot in there. Herelle and Sarr have been the main pairing at the back. Expecting bids for Sarr in the summer. 

Have high hopes for Guessand, Thuram, Trouillet and Boudaoui and they will all be getting opportunities at the business end of the season. 

image.png

Borven.png

@10Sammo10 Nice (:rolleyes::lol:) write up there. that's a very good start to the season. They do have some good players to start with (some still there from when I managed them on a couple of versions of the game) and your signings have been quite sensible. Bundu was great at Hereford, so very happy to see you sign him for this side. I seem to recall he had to leave as unable to get a work permit, but may be wrong. There's a guy called @Timma that would know much more about him than me. I like the Greek left-back you signed, a very good acquisition. The central midfield pair, the right-side options and Sarr are all very good players. Keep up the good work.

9 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I used to be the same but lately especially during this version I have become far more interested in regens. I now actually much prefer to sign them compared to real players because you know it's purely through scouting, it's going to be different every game, they can pop up absolutely anywhere and they usually need a lot of work! A love funding a good regen in an unlikely place. 

Good work everyone, enjoying the updates! 

Sadly my game is on temporary hold, as my computer has completely crashed and is now with the IT guy who's trying to recover it. 

Meanwhile I have downloaded FM onto my wife's computer and started a new game, as you do :lol: it's not in France though. Also weird to play it without the facepack and skins and all the other customisations (I'm realizing I'm too much of an FM geek!) 

I signed Moussa Dembélé from Lyon as my striker for my 3rd season at Marseille (2021-2022). I had the choice between him and Amine Gouiri, but I needed an immediate impact after letting Cavani go. Let's see how he does. Hoping his pace/finishing combination should be enough to see off most teams.