Unofficial French League Superthread

Just started a save in France with Grenoble. Pretty mediocre team to start with in Ligue 2 with no really standout players. To make things fun I added the challenge of only signing players from Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes. Not a lot of them available as I play on FMT with a small database so around 200 of them, but the best potential 11 (see below) is cracking due to players produced by St. Etienne and Lyon. Doubt it we can ever sign any of them but hoping for an entertaining career. If i dont get the sack early I will post some updates.

Best11907ccd4f70cfda27.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ogc-nice-logo-0

OGC Nice

Haven't made a bad start, winning four of the opening 5 games and one loss which came at the hands of PSG who absolutely dominated us. Didn't help that Dolberg went off injured in the 11th minute.

Struggling a little with injuries as five of the first choice 11 are out and although Wague only has one day left, it'll be another two or three weeks before he's ready to play again. Doesn't bode well for the next game against Cote D'Azur rivals Monaco!!

There was no further action in the transfer window as i'm more than happy to stick with this squad until the Winter window at least.

image.png.6aa8bd389a131137a1333eafaaf65f5b.png

image.thumb.png.1542e97daa8fbe3c8e93a8b07ee11283.png

What this thread needs is @quee to start a French save and bring his energy to really get things going like he has done in the Callcio thread!! Come on @quee!!!

Edited by Matt_1979

6 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

What this thread needs is @quee to start a French save and bring his energy to really get things going like he has done in the Callcio thread!! Come on @quee!!!

:lol: Thanks for the confidence in me, I guess? :D

I did came into this topic early on (first couple of pages I think) and said I might do a save in France, but I decided against it quickly.

This topic is slightly different in feel, imo, a bit more serious than I would have liked :D

Tried to converse a bit but never really got a discussion back, so I guess not for me here.

Good to see a few of the Calcio's regular in this topic still active playing FM though! I might continue my Parma after all, got the itch now :lol:

11 minutes ago, quee said:

:lol: Thanks for the confidence in me, I guess? :D

I did came into this topic early on (first couple of pages I think) and said I might do a save in France, but I decided against it quickly.

This topic is slightly different in feel, imo, a bit more serious than I would have liked :D

Tried to converse a bit but never really got a discussion back, so I guess not for me here.

Good to see a few of the Calcio's regular in this topic still active playing FM though! I might continue my Parma after all, got the itch now :lol:

France is a really fun place to manage in, you should give it a try whilst waiting for FM21.... 

15 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

France is a really fun place to manage in, you should give it a try whilst waiting for FM21.... 

Might do, but won't be posting in this topic I'm afraid :D

Is FM21 even coming out? Haven't keep up with any news :lol:

13 hours ago, quee said:

Might do, but won't be posting in this topic I'm afraid :D

Is FM21 even coming out? Haven't keep up with any news :lol:

Would hope so.... surely lockdown will have enabled them to focus more seeing as they all have computers at home and they weren’t allowed to leave the house!!! Lol

Hi people, I'm really frustrated while managing Nice in our gool old french L1.

Le 28/08/2020 à 20:46, Matt_1979 a dit :

ogc-nice-logo-0

OGC Nice

Haven't made a bad start, winning four of the opening 5 games and one loss which came at the hands of PSG who absolutely dominated us. Didn't help that Dolberg went off injured in the 11th minute.

Struggling a little with injuries as five of the first choice 11 are out and although Wague only has one day left, it'll be another two or three weeks before he's ready to play again. Doesn't bode well for the next game against Cote D'Azur rivals Monaco!!

There was no further action in the transfer window as i'm more than happy to stick with this squad until the Winter window at least.

image.png.6aa8bd389a131137a1333eafaaf65f5b.png

image.thumb.png.1542e97daa8fbe3c8e93a8b07ee11283.png

Let me know if you manage to get past Paris, I still haven't found a way to win the title despite many efforts with Nice :)

Still second, still French Cup finalist ... I'll never do it :D

15 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

France is the league most appealing to me atm.

I can't decide between Monaco, Lyon and Lille however. Can someone give me pros and cons of each and why I should start as them?

Started as Monaco and Lyon to see what they are like. 

But I'm also tempted by teams like Bordeaux who aren't in the champions league.

Edited by Ewan0404

Hi all!

I've also just started a save with Monaco - loving it so far but have one big concern....

Can anyone tell me what their experience with FFP and Monaco is? From the beginning of the save we've been in the red for the three year period and I keep getting reminders to sell players. I've done my best to get it under control - sold Fabregas, Subasic, Jemerson, Jovetic, Maripan and about 10 youngsters but I CANNOT get it to drop far enough. 

Does the board step in at the end of the season and make everything okay? It seems like others in this thread have spent big money in the first season? 

I'd hate to finish top 3 and not get Europe...

(It wasn't why I posted here I promise, but it's actually a Youtube series: feel free to check out ep 1here if you want :) )

6 hours ago, jeaku14 said:

Hi all!

I've also just started a save with Monaco - loving it so far but have one big concern....

Can anyone tell me what their experience with FFP and Monaco is? From the beginning of the save we've been in the red for the three year period and I keep getting reminders to sell players. I've done my best to get it under control - sold Fabregas, Subasic, Jemerson, Jovetic, Maripan and about 10 youngsters but I CANNOT get it to drop far enough. 

Does the board step in at the end of the season and make everything okay? It seems like others in this thread have spent big money in the first season? 

(It wasn't why I posted here I promise, but it's actually a Youtube series: feel free to check out ep 1here if you want :) )

I really enjoyed your videos mate. I just watched them all this afternoon. 

It has made me want to do another French league save. I would of done one with Monaco as them and Lyon are usually my go to team but I am thinking of picking Strasborg, Rennes or St.Etienne this time.

I look forward to you posting more videos.

So I am going to start another French League team and I have read through all 20 pages of this thread to see what teams haven't managed yet and here are some of the teams nobody has done a save with on FM2020 yet.

Amiens

Angers

Bordeaux ( Shocked nobody has been them yet )

Brest

Dijon

Nimes

Strasborg

I was hoping @Jogo Bonito @smp20 @OlivierL @quee and @Hootieleece would guide me with which team to pick.

I am gravitated to Bordeaux and Strasborg but just wondering what you guys think. Who would you pick ?

So I have decided which team I am going to be next and that is the following.

image.jpeg.39333ff3487ef1e1ef7f8570f5b50671.jpeg

FC Strasbourg

I have never managed Strasbourg and also like Metz in a previous save I have done I have no idea who any of the players are in my squad and that isn't a bad thing.

History

image.thumb.png.c299bc9ff5fcd3735c27394d590ce4ea.png

Strasbourg have won the Ligue 1 before in 1979. My aim is to get them a few more titles.

I will be doing at least 5-6 seasons with Strasbourg.

Squad

Top Current Players

Ludovic Ajorque

image.thumb.png.a8ee16fa01407784609bf2b0b73ffbdf.png

25 Year old French Striker. Best role is Target Man so will try form a tactic that will suit him in his best role.

Alexander Djiku

image.thumb.png.793a1883cec06cf9eae6ab18601cb14e.png

A very good, young French centre back with good all round attributes.

Adrien Thomasson

image.thumb.png.ed70be555cac043aa99ced9d09c815e1.png

I am hoping this 25 year old Mezzala provides the assists to my strikers. He looks decent enough.

Matz Sels

image.thumb.png.c8ffed9b9691c7c87d2bf7ebf0fc13b7.png

An actual player I have heard of lol. A very good GK who is only 27 so coming into his prime years as a Goalie.

Kenny Lala

image.thumb.png.bdce1aac90310b4912940fbb376b2f4f.png

I know of Kenny Lala as I scouted him for Lyon in FM2019. He looks like a decent right back who likes to attack.

Good Young Players In The Squad

Bingourou Kamara

image.thumb.png.65d462f348539cb2e05e06cdc5974d34.png

A 22 year old GK with a lot of potential. He will be fighting with Sels for the Number 1 position in Goal.

Nordine Kandil

image.thumb.png.9e22dab77ea32f3811f0d20015ede426.pngimage.jpeg.ff04fbee40ca238eecc44d02c3bf8cd4.jpeg

Kandil is my biggest prospect at the club with 4-5 star potential. Only 17 years old and will be getting game time. I want to try re-train him if possible.

Alessio Andreottola

image.thumb.png.fbb8ead949084b0204f587e6aee6f777.pngimage.jpeg.944af69850572e53726c3e8445afffdd.jpeg

Another 4-5 star potential Attacking Midfielder. I will be retraining him into a Striker role.

Moussa Suso

image.thumb.png.2ea4efeac9ce89c902edd02ead44052a.pngimage.jpeg.88eb0f93a33fb2a88f0a824767abc017.jpeg

A traditional poacher. A good athlete. Only 16 years old but has great potential. 

Sabri Durand

image.thumb.png.8499a2ef4f1ff21fd3fbc406068a48a5.pngimage.jpeg.ba4f498c85ca6b796b75f19a700122ed.jpeg

A 17 year French DM but I am going to re-train him as a DLP in the centre of midfield.

Jean-Ricner Bellegarde

image.thumb.png.fefd839aceabeaeb522d415e980c18b0.png

Bellegarde a 20 year old signing from Lens. He looks like a really good player. I am re-training him to an Inside Forward.

Finances

Financial Projection looks good for the long term. I got £1.7m to spend on players but I will probably be bargain hunting or just scouting until January window.

image.thumb.png.d47bfbeaf1516172198470b1bc1bbb3c.png

I am looking forward to seeing how I do with Strasbourg.

Strasbourg is a great club to manage (would be my top Ligue 1 pick for 2019/20).

If you're not using a new database they would be in Europe during season 2019/20, but if you're using a new database I hope you don't have to endure the issues they have had picking a side at the start of the real 2020/21 season. 

You've probably done three or four seasons by now anyway:lol:

7 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Strasbourg is a great club to manage (would be my top Ligue 1 pick for 2019/20).

If you're not using a new database they would be in Europe during season 2019/20, but if you're using a new database I hope you don't have to endure the issues they have had picking a side at the start of the real 2020/21 season. 

You've probably done three or four seasons by now anyway:lol:

Nah I have barely processed a day yet. I am doing lots of scouting lol.

I probably wont do much tonight or over the weekend and just set it all up and then get cracking lol.

I am using a recent update so I assume they aint in Europe this year.

5 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Great choice @Ronaldo Beckham

Thank you buddy.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Nah I have barely processed a day yet. I am doing lots of scouting lol.

I probably wont do much tonight or over the weekend and just set it all up and then get cracking lol.

I am using a recent update so I assume they aint in Europe this year.

Thank you buddy.

If you're starting at 2020/21 they won't be in Europe, but should still be a good club to manage. They have a nice selection of players to select from.

To make it more challenging, why don't you try not making loan signings or no signings in the first window?

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

If you're starting at 2020/21 they won't be in Europe, but should still be a good club to manage. They have a nice selection of players to select from.

To make it more challenging, why don't you try not making loan signings or no signings in the first window?

I don't think I will be making any transfers in the summer anyway and just access the squad I have.

I don't mind not being in Europe as I can concerntrate on the league.

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I really enjoyed your videos mate. I just watched them all this afternoon. 

It has made me want to do another French league save. I would of done one with Monaco as them and Lyon are usually my go to team but I am thinking of picking Strasborg, Rennes or St.Etienne this time.

I look forward to you posting more videos.

Legend, thanks so much. 

Good luck with your  Strasbourg save, I'll keep my eye out for it :D.

If anyone knows about the Monaco FFP situation pls let me know!

7 hours ago, jeaku14 said:

Legend, thanks so much. 

Good luck with your  Strasbourg save, I'll keep my eye out for it :D.

If anyone knows about the Monaco FFP situation pls let me know!

Just make sure you get 2nd place every season cos I got sacked from Monaco in my 3rd season for finishing 3rd. I posted about it on here a few pages back.

I even signed Fischer in the first window like you did lol.

@Ronaldo Beckham

Strasbourg will make for an interesting save. I think it will be a lot like my Clermont save. You will probably have good players already in the team and you will be able to attract good players with scouting. A lot of my players are 4-4.5 star rated possible wonderkids in FM at start, but they aren't sexy names. The Two best non regen players I brought in were Ante Palaversa (Croatian BBM, Man City) and Matias Palacios (Argentinian Playmaker, on an Argentinian Pro team) both players developed well, Palacios is a little fragile but otherwise he is a Messi-Clone.

I would have said Brest and said try to only employ Breton players.

7 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

@Ronaldo Beckham

Strasbourg will make for an interesting save. I think it will be a lot like my Clermont save. You will probably have good players already in the team and you will be able to attract good players with scouting. A lot of my players are 4-4.5 star rated possible wonderkids in FM at start, but they aren't sexy names. The Two best non regen players I brought in were Ante Palaversa (Croatian BBM, Man City) and Matias Palacios (Argentinian Playmaker, on an Argentinian Pro team) both players developed well, Palacios is a little fragile but otherwise he is a Messi-Clone.

I would have said Brest and said try to only employ Breton players.

Yeah I could always do a Brest youth only save at some point before FM2021. 

Yeah I like the look of Strasbourg and looking forward to bringing in French and African players I have barely heard of before.

RC Strasbourg Pre Season

image.png.134141b572bf70df8e7ca21ab6bd9d26.png

So I said I was probably not going to sign anyone but I got carried away signing a few African players with good potential cheaply. I wont be stocking the squads up like I did when I managed FC Metz and had 120 players in the squads lol.

Anyway here are a few of my signings that I am most excited about.

Mory Coulibaly

image.thumb.png.6603394b296424e95d1a24241d8327e3.png

A 20 year old Ivorian midfielder who plays as a Shadow Striker but I don't play with Shadow Strikers so I am hoping to turn him into a DLF or Targetman. Signed for £200k from FC San Pedro

Aubrey Modiba

image.thumb.png.f5c9bae526e600525be2981ac3751e40.png

24 year old South African International signed for £550k from SuperSport Utd. A very versatile player who can play in every position on the wings. His best role is as Winger.

Teboho Mokoena

image.thumb.png.dc76fc7731c5541955fc175ff3ae6836.png

Another South African International signed from SuperSport Utd for £500k. I have managed him before when I managed FC Metz so I know what he is capable of and I got a feeling he will be one of my stand out players this season.

Guy Romain Kpea

image.thumb.png.ac740c69cc32bec4efa410edf10a6367.png

19 year old Ivorian Wing Back who will fit in well to my tactic. Only cost me £210k from Societe Omnisports De L'Armee. He has 4 star potential and I got high hopes for him.

Joel Yeregbe

image.thumb.png.3e339981ad1e163236866a6e1186027e.png

21 year Ivorian Attacking Midfielder who's best role is Advanced Playmaker. He has very good overal attributes and decent potential.

Aboubacar Doumbia

image.thumb.png.effc1ed0684913ca102b46cfc9326875.pngimage.jpeg.7b3f7120976cc6a7ef821afd33684186.jpeg

Doumbia looks like a great prospect who's best role is Inverted Winger but will probably have him as an Inside Forward as he reminds me a bit of Saido Mane. He has 3 and half star to 4 star potential. I will give him game time this year.

Stefano Turati

image.thumb.png.bd70b7e2f59010aa4ac5984037bb095c.png

I wasn't going to sign another GK as that positon is strong but I managed to sing Turati for a bargain £750k. He will play for the reserves and I might send him on loan in January. He might end up being the main GK in a few seasons.

Jose Izquierdo

image.thumb.png.408c5d92ac02ccc5f93ab2a9d4611eba.png

My DOF managed to get this guy on loan just before the window closed. He is a very good winger and will tear the defenses apart.

I done well in Pre-season winning most of my friendlies.

image.thumb.png.2a89b879108ed9953f151e66f2b2ddcb.png

Here is my line up for my first game against FC Metz, I am hoping to start the season strong.

image.thumb.png.748eb45434e8a2f35bc598152a27beba.png

RC Strasbourg Mid Season Update

I had a very good September with an unbeaten run winning 4 and drawing 1 and then utter doom happened and I only won once in October and losing 4 and then November was just bad drawing 2 and losing 2.

image.thumb.png.8643c87e0d79e3c5cacbc9ae82cdf1a3.png

I did win 3-2 against Lyon which I would say is the best result for the club so far.

image.thumb.png.cac9f29f240ba93094839b24d72803b3.png

Ajorque and Zohi are forming a very good partnership up front with 13 goals between them so far. 7 for Ajorque and 6 for Zohi.

Ludovic Ajoque

image.thumb.png.6151691d05346894539ab1326e9c8253.png

Kevin Zohi

image.thumb.png.ff5c18a153fbc346b415298ec84075f1.png

Strasbourg are currently 7th in the league with 16 league games gone.

image.thumb.png.b77df8f8ae4ca28aa644059ddd6ede87.png

On 10/09/2020 at 09:14, jeaku14 said:

Hi all!

Your videos have made me want to start my side save as Monaco. Can you advise what skin you are using?

RC Strasbourg December & January Results 

image.png.18b8acc3488d80e666a4f7766454b5c8.png

2019 didn't end that well with just 2 wins and 2 losses but 2021 started well with 4 wins, 1 draw and just 1 loss.

image.thumb.png.bcae261eeda0e1f6e935b3e98bd0507e.png

I only have the league to concerntrate on now as I am out of both domestic cups.

I am currently 9th in the league which aint too bad at the moment. I am hoping to get top 6 by the end of the season.

image.thumb.png.057e6034041c987fef24778c87733911.png

Ludovic Ajorque now has 11 goals and Kevin Zohi has 8 goals. They haven't scored many over the last few months but I am hoping they finish the season strong.

Ajorque

image.thumb.png.8e0588b78a68ead465107bce427cac98.png

Zohi

image.thumb.png.3b15b219abd5b8fc5341a18911620ce6.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

January Transfer Window

Transfers Out

I got rid of a few unwanted players or players who wanted first team football which I couldn't give them.

Benjamin Corgnet - £250k  - Auxurre

Lamine Kone - £2.5m - Rennes

Lionel Carole - £500k - Goztepe

Matz Sels - £5m - Leeds

Ibou Sisoko - £1.5m - Amiens

Stefan Mitrovic - £1.2m - Amiens

Transfers In

Okemba Ovouka

image.thumb.png.439d48555a9948d301394ce44963a160.pngimage.jpeg.84dbe119d9873e4a41dd3fe519c35a96.jpeg

A very talented left back which is a position I needed strenthening. I have sent him on loan for the rest of the season to Niort but he will get first team football next season. I like that he has good pace, determination and good decision making. I got him on a free transfer from Heart Of Oak.

Ousmane Meite

image.thumb.png.194229e396913b305b8bae0155d882ba.pngimage.jpeg.7f1a4d8ec9872bdc678bfabbdd294086.jpeg

I bought Meite to boost my Strasbourg reserves but will see how he does and maybe give him some first team football next year or loan him out to get experience. He looks pretty decent with good potential. Bought from ASEC Mimosas for £100k.

Mohamed Sylla

image.thumb.png.1d7661a4191b391696e12ecd15ac0395.pngimage.jpeg.747eede57dec149129a9d47b1baacc4e.jpeg

Mohamed Sylla was bought for £160k from SC Gagnoa and has 3-4 star potential. He could turn out to be an absolute bargain and I am thinking of playing him a few games this season while also plays for my reserves.

Ivan Vukcevic

image.thumb.png.465a6c4779d795c66f6d54836e80ef36.pngimage.jpeg.768471c70861553d35ebc6cbb5ec1ae5.jpeg

I don't usually sign Non French/African players when I managed a French team but he looks like a really good player in the making. Only 18 years old with decent attributes all round already and with 3-4 & half star potential. Signed him from Zeta for £200k and sent him on loan to Red Star FC for the season.

Newton Munier

image.thumb.png.9650ca709f53000a95df0183baa27c83.pngimage.jpeg.c152c59e7c42313dcf8b71e5d9612160.jpeg

Another young left back signed with an eye for the future of the club. He has good potential and decent all round attributes. He has already played twice in the league.

I bet @Jogo Bonito has heard of some of my signings lol.

On 11/09/2020 at 17:59, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Just make sure you get 2nd place every season cos I got sacked from Monaco in my 3rd season for finishing 3rd. I posted about it on here a few pages back.

I even signed Fischer in the first window like you did lol.

Haha, great minds....

Just had a read about your Monaco save - interesting that you didn't have to bother about FFP, maybe I'll just ignore it next season and see what happens.

I also noticed you signed a lot of players from Africa for Strasbourg, made me curious about why then I read the rules and realised they count as EU players in France. Huge revelation haha - scouting the whole continent now :)

57 minutes ago, jeaku14 said:

Haha, great minds....

Just had a read about your Monaco save - interesting that you didn't have to bother about FFP, maybe I'll just ignore it next season and see what happens.

I also noticed you signed a lot of players from Africa for Strasbourg, made me curious about why then I read the rules and realised they count as EU players in France. Huge revelation haha - scouting the whole continent now :)

Yeah there are a hell of a lot of amazing players from Africa you can sign cheaply and can sell for decent profit. I wanted to sign African players to find the next African superstars like Drogba and the Toure brothers. 

I will be honest I didn't pay any attention to the financial side with Monaco cos I assumed any debts in the club the chairman would underwrite at the end of the season or they would get a mysterious massive sponsorship deal out of nowhere lol.

I like you are being sturdy with finances and still making decent signings.

Not that I want to influence your transfers but one player you should really try and sign in season 2 is Parfait Guiagon who is currently on loan to  Maccabi Tel-Aviv and they do have an option to buy him for £208k but in my saves they never usually sign him and he is very cheap to buy but very good and he got me the winning goal in the French Cup final in my Metz save I have posted about on here. I ended up selling him for £20m after buying him for £100k. 

Anyway keep posting the videos as I am enjoying your career with Monaco.

RC Strasbourg February & March Results + Youth Intake

First of all my Youth Intake wasn't the best but was decent enough. I got 2 players 3-4 star potential and 2 players 2-3 star potential. 

image.thumb.png.59d94b36480c3c4d1c0163aeae95cd38.png

Martin Atangana

image.thumb.png.ee962158e3ba3c8f917be3084bebf8cf.png

A decent defensive midfielder who can also play as a centre back. He has very good Bravey and Tackling attributes already.

Didier Suzanne

image.thumb.png.a3bce5a51d62276d4e2ff69799e30b9c.png

Didier looks like a very good DLF in the making. He has very good Bravery and Flair already. One for the future indeed.

Results

image.thumb.png.bdc5fc6c8870bdc56894d41265e14ed8.png

Only 2 wins in the last 2 months and a lot of losses. I am starting to worry about this team. I am hoping I get a few wins soon as I need to maintain mid table.

RS Strasbourg End Of Season Review

image.thumb.png.72153ece5019ddd8f2785efca5d2396e.png

image.thumb.png.ba0c4abcd7c172b9da2150dd169cf77c.png

Even though I kept with the board's expectation of mid table I feel frustrated as I started so well and then the players just dropped their form and I have no idea why. I need to rectify this for the 2nd season as I want to get top 6 position next season.

I do think the lack of goals didn't help. I had a good partnership up front but they only got 25 goals between the 2 of them with Zohl getting 13 and Ajorque getting 12. I need them to be more profilic next year to keep their spots.

Zohl

image.thumb.png.3311a35555b27449ee45e30bcf5b64c2.png

Ajorque

image.thumb.png.8821d3fab038bbfda6a89554cb5964bc.png

Below is my tactic, feel free to tell me if I am doing anything wrong with it.

image.thumb.png.0ac953d416dbf2af2fcb087538b899d5.png

Sanjin Prcic has been good this year for me mostly playing on the right wing or in the middle. He got 11 assists and had the best average rating.

image.thumb.png.42f5d676b6dc79eac165b1bac31c1a26.png

32 year old midfielder Dimitri Lienard won the Fans Player Of The Season even though I would of given it to Prcic but its the Fans award. He did have a decent season but he is 32 years old now and he isn't in my long term plans so I will be selling him in the summer.

image.thumb.png.92394e0fcb0662d81ef7c5c67dbc3075.png

Lienard

image.thumb.png.a437ce1a1a8b7f6c9c5dc606472f36fd.png

RC Strasbourg Season 2 Transfer Business

Transfers Out

Adrien Thomasson - Aston Villa - £11.75m

Alessio Andreottola - Man City - £11.75m

Alexander Djiku - Sheff Utd - £8m

Dimitri Leinard - Caen - £1.5m

Lebo Mothiba - Montipeller - £1.5m

Idriss Saadi - Swansea - £1m

Thomasson, Andreottola  Dijuka was not for sale but the offers that come in were too good to turn down. 

The rest were just surplus to requirements.

Transfers In

Irvin Cardona

image.thumb.png.abdc1cd116643ab0d722ad2a1986d380.png

After not being impressed with Ajorque & Zohl I decided to bring in some more strikers for competion and Cardona from Stade Brestois for £6m as he was highly rated by my scouting team so I bought him in. He has 3 goals in 10 game so far so not exactly banging them in yet but hopefully that will change in time.

Waniss Taibi

image.thumb.png.a32349af9eb1b4b31f1b080f8982f7e3.png

Signed from Angers for £5m. I have been scouting him for a while and he has fitted in nicely being a good calming influence in centre of midfield. Only 18 years old but already making an impact in the team.

Said Arab

image.thumb.png.914722ffadccfecc26d90621a4f30431.png

I know of Said Arab from my previous French adventures. I am hoping to play him more then I did in my previou save. Only 20 years old so plenty of time for him to live to his 3-4 star potential.

Isak Pettersson

image.thumb.png.1fb7c5bfcbc2db1629739872aa403a71.png

I managed to sign Isak Pettersson who is Sweden's number 1 goalie for a pittance of £450k. Even if he doesn't work out I should be able to sell him for profit. He looks decent enough but I already have Kamara, Tuarti and also South African number 1 Itumelang Khune. 4 goalies that all can be number 1 but I will sell one of them in January probably to make sure I don't get a massive squad.

Itumelang Khune

image.thumb.png.251760b51248d4c06492d6212a4634bd.png

Mostly signed him to be a good mentor and play the occasional game. I will look to keep him on as a coach once he retires or sell him in January for profit as he only cost me £250k and valued at £2.5m.

Alex Ferrari

image.thumb.png.4fbda84eb7ac5af5baa41e5ef3d142f3.png

My DOF signed this cool sounding named played for £400k from Sampdoria. He will be a decent back up as right back and can also play in central defence.

Willem Geubbels

image.thumb.png.578f381826c1d5c40b272b558eb0d218.png

Former Lyon prospect Willem Geubbels career has stalled since he moved to Monaco so I rescued him for £325k and has come on off the bench a few times but if my strikers don't start playing better Geubbels will get more game time.

Danilo Pesukic

image.thumb.png.c2f172bf1ab2bd25993e81ded8f5a460.png

I got a problem of signing way too many players when I manage teams in France as I always seem to find bargain and Pesukic is another one of these bargain players. Signed from FK Podgorica for £250k. A 20 year Montenegrin winger and can play up front as well.  I will send him out on loan in January.

Parfait Guiagon

image.thumb.png.10876b02fede94dc3131601a380e6dcb.png

This man won me the French Cup with FC Metz in my previous career in here so I had to sign him again. He hasn't played much yet but I am training him to play in centre of midfield as he usually plays just behind the striker but I don't play with anyone just behind the striker and I want him to start playing for me. I might change tactics to fit him in the squad as I know of his abilities.

It would take me all day to post anymore transfers but I have signed the following players.

Thendo Mukumela £250k - Ajax Cape Town

Riyaaz Koopstadt - £250k - Ajax Cape Town

Dean Solomons - £250k - Ajax

Gift Motupa - £725k - Wits

Souleymane Diaby - £200k - SC Gagnoa

Bubacarr Kebbeh - £195k - Accra Lions

Adama Traore - Free - Monaco

Lass Bangoura - Free - Rayo Vallecano

I have signed other players for small fees or frees but there are so many it would take me forever lol.

I have a squad of probably 80 players which is not what I wanted when I started but I am a bit of a hoarder of good cheap players lol.

@Ronaldo Beckham I was just taking a look at your tactics - I reckon you could split this into two different approaches cos there might be a bit of mixed messaging with those instructions.

1) More possession based: with play out of defence, distribute to defenders and balanced. Maybe WBITB. Remove run at defence

2) More direct: with run at defence, add counter, default passing. Remove play out of defence or distribute to defenders (so keeper goes long sometimes).

Could play the possession one when you feel you are favourites and more direct when you aren't. 

Edited by jeaku14
clarity

7 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

I'll post just so you don't have to post 8 times in a row @Ronaldo Beckham

You're doing great and really flying through the seasons..

Cheers mate and yeah I was starting to think I was the only one posting in here lol.

It would be good if more people took a French team as its the best league for player development etc.

37 minutes ago, jeaku14 said:

@Ronaldo Beckham I was just taking a look at your tactics - I reckon you could split this into two different approaches cos there might be a bit of mixed messaging with those instructions.

1) More possession based: with play out of defence, distribute to defenders and balanced. Maybe WBITB. Remove run at defence

2) More direct: with run at defence, add counter, default passing. Remove play out of defence or distribute to defenders (so keeper goes long sometimes).

Could play the possession one when you feel you are favourites and more direct when you aren't. 

Ok cool I never thought of it like that. I will look into that. Thank you for the advice.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I ended up 11th in the league. A disappointing season where I just couldn't get any consistency.

I can't even be bothered to do a season review.

Irvin Cardona was top scorer with 19 goals.

That's the spirit :lol:

Still a reasonable season to finish where you did. Perhaps it may have been better or more enjoyable if you kept to a core and didn't have (or sign) so many players?

2 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

That's the spirit :lol:

Still a reasonable season to finish where you did. Perhaps it may have been better or more enjoyable if you kept to a core and didn't have (or sign) so many players?

Yeah I am thinking the same. I didn't want to stockpile at all in this save but so many good cheap African players especially in South Africa. I couldn't help myself lol.

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

Why not try to manage a club in South Africa?

Nah I done that before for this challenge but got bored. 

I am getting a bit burnt out from FM at the moment or it might be cos of some family stuff I am going through that is making me unhappy.

I will keep going with Strasbourg and hope for a better season next season.